recently discontinued products
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:26:47 AM
Check your stores for recently discontinued products. Just yesterday I had made a REX speaker and today when I went to make another discovered that it had been discontinued along with LED car decal, purse hanger, some metal bottle openers, outlet cover, cork coaster set, drumsticks, ipad folio cases, kindle cases, laptop commuter bags and mini speakers.

edit to add: coat rack, ties

EDIT to add July: wooden gift tags
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:02:20 AM
Thanks for the heads up. It turns out I did have some of these discontinued items in my store.
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 11:12:03 AM
I usually check once a week and find nothing. Today I found a lot! Some were product lines and some were product options (EX: wallet style option).
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 1:00:46 PM
It would be nice if we could also select more then one to delete, I don't seem to have that option with discontinued products. Crying
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 1:02:41 PM
Sad... I love my outlet cover and I've sold at least one of the Boombot Rex speakers before.
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 1:25:29 PM
The speakers were very recently discontinued. I know that because they were in stock when I created a Christmas video with Zazzle products 10 days ago and the speakers are in that video. The video is at my YouTube channel.

Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:47:15 PM
Thank you for the alert. The discontinued items have been removed from our stores. I believe we sold two of the LED car decals.
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 3:18:37 PM
Thanks for the notice. Bummer about the Boombot Rexes. They looked nice, at least, but I don't think I ever sold one.
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2018 9:59:17 AM
bump
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2018 11:03:14 AM
I'm not sure I understand, are you saying that items no longer sold by Z are still showing in shops and we have to manually remove them?
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2018 12:55:16 PM
Hey guys, just going to sticky this as it might be a good spot to keep all updates in relation to what products have been discontinued. Thank you Pickledradish for getting it going Smile

Pixel Paint Graphics wrote:
I'm not sure I understand, are you saying that items no longer sold by Z are still showing in shops and we have to manually remove them?

Zazzle will remove the products from the site eventually, but it can take a good bit of time. It would be faster to delete them yourself.

Thanks!
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2018 1:00:06 PM
Aisling wrote:

Zazzle will remove the products from the site eventually, but it can take a good bit of time. It would be faster to delete them yourself.

Thanks!

You ain't kidding it takes a good bit of time! Even for designers! So it would be faster to delete them all at once as I requested here: Request: Ability to "Select All" Discontinued Products for Deletion
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2018 1:29:22 PM
For any that may not know, all those in Discontinued may not be complete product lines... some could be product options/styles, in which you then have the option to edit into another option/style.
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 1:24:04 AM
Yes Gina as you say 'Ability to "Select All" Discontinued Products for Deletion. Just deleted over 300 speakers 1 by 1!
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2018 2:31:06 PM
pickledradish wrote:
Check your stores for recently discontinued products. Just yesterday I had made a REX speaker and today when I went to make another discovered that it had been discontinued along with LED car decal, purse hanger, some metal bottle openers, outlet cover, cork coaster set, drumsticks, ipad folio cases, kindle cases, laptop commuter bags and mini speakers.

edit to add: coat rack, ties

EDIT to add July: wooden gift tags

Is the "cork coaster set" the same as the "hard plastic coasters with cork back"?

I love these and have bought them for gifts. I do not see them marked as discontinued in my store. I'd hate to see those go. Sad
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:49:24 PM
Alas! Medals have now been discontinued.

https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-foxyoriginals_medal

Very disappointing. Sigh. Crying
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:00:36 PM
Would have been nice to know they were going to be discontinued before they just go missing from the store Shocked Crying
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:29:12 PM
Anxious_Art wrote:
Would have been nice to know they were going to be discontinued before they just go missing from the store Shocked Crying

They tell us when they can. When a product is gone for good it really doesn't matter, though, if we are told beforehand, unless it is vital to clear links from offsites. Just keep check on Discontinued products/style via the backend product page VISIBILITY filter.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 10:54:27 AM
How do we know if the laptop bag has been discontinued as it still shows up in two of my collections and it is still in the list of things to create?
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 11:26:19 AM
Anxious_Art wrote:
How do we know if the laptop bag has been discontinued as it still shows up in two of my collections and it is still in the list of things to create?

If it is still showing in collections and in products to create then it hasn't been discontinued. On some products, a style may have been discontinued, but not the entire product. Can you link to the bag you are referring to? The only laptop bag that I remember being discontinued was gone long before you started up here, so you wouldn't have had a chance to design one. If products we have designed have been discontinued they will show up on our backend product page in the VISIBILITY dropdown via the DISCONTINUED filter. Go check on your product backend... The dropdown is above the products on a line that shows STATISTICS and VISIBILITY. (Not yelling BTW, just emphasizing).

ADDING:

Since posting I went checking and I can't find a laptop bag anywhere showing as discontinued, or even as Sold Out or Out Of Stock. I am really curious as to what bag you are referring to.
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:45:38 AM
All Mitercraft wooden products have just been discontinued. This includes the Bookmarks, Coasters, and Cribbage Boards.
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:08:08 PM
Just noticed that the magnetic bottle openers have been discontinued.
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:58:06 PM
andbabytoo wrote:
Just noticed that the magnetic bottle openers have been discontinued.

Thanks! To be specific, only the magnetic bottle openers made by Kimbra Studios are discontinued.
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:50:06 PM
How do we find out if t-shirt styles are returning? (thought it was just reduced down over Christmas but now Easter and I am still getting asked if the baby tutus are returning or should I spend time changing them to the basic option so I stop getting asked? I was promoting these before I had to stop and range reduced before Christmas it would be so nice to know what action if any to take. Does zazzle have an idea by now if the full or just part or none of the range is returning? Any update would be very much appreciated.
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 3:00:19 PM
Kimbra Studios Pewter Ornaments have just been discontinued!
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 12:55:24 PM
Just noticed that the BUTTON COVERS have been discontinued Crying Crying
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2019 7:21:22 AM
Have these times really been discontinued?

key rack (wood)
wooden coaster
Magnetic Bottle Opener
bookmark (wooden)
pewter ornaments

~
I ask because the "discontinued" product line notification jumps from product to product if anything is done in the backend. I reported this problem over 2 years ago (with photos via email). It still happens.

~
Does anyone know where is the discontinued product thread? I know I saw one somewhere, but I can't find it and the search won't unearth it for me.
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2019 10:01:07 AM
ZBug wrote:
Does anyone know where is the discontinued product thread? I know I saw one somewhere, but I can't find it and the search won't unearth it for me.

There's a sort of hybrid thread stickied in the Basic Pro forum; it's more for out of stock, but some discontinued items are reported there, too.
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2019 7:15:09 AM
Thanks Fuzzy.