Question: Foam Can Cooler
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:53:37 AM
Hello! I am working on a design for a foam can cooler. There isn't a view that shows how the front and back go together. I have an image on one side of my design that I want to place side by side so that it continues onto the back from the front.

Can someone tell me how the images are placed on this product? Both views show the image on the right side. So if, say, I have a plain background with a pineapple on the far right, will the pineapple show up on the right side of the front and the right side of the back? Will I need to put the pineapple on the left side of the back to make the two pineapples close together?

Sorry if I'm over-complicating the question. I just want to make sure I have correct placement with these.

Thanks!
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:14:28 AM
jdcreativegifts wrote:
Hello! I am working on a design for a foam can cooler. There isn't a view that shows how the front and back go together. I have an image on one side of my design that I want to place side by side so that it continues onto the back from the front.

Can someone tell me how the images are placed on this product? Both views show the image on the right side. So if, say, I have a plain background with a pineapple on the far right, will the pineapple show up on the right side of the front and the right side of the back? Will I need to put the pineapple on the left side of the back to make the two pineapples close together?

Sorry if I'm over-complicating the question. I just want to make sure I have correct placement with these.

Thanks!

Are you using the background layer to design on? You get a better idea of the flat layout and how they marry up when made.

Just been making one to see if I can align the sides.

I used a shape aligned to the top of the Art board, then aligned my cacti. Align the shape to the bottom and copied/rotated cacti 180.

So left hand side to left hand side and right to right (but rotated 180) (and then remove the shape).

You can use the alt + arrow key to move slightly in or out to give a but of leeway in the trimming.

They may or not meet up at the seam when made due to the manufacturing process so you can’t guarantee that it will be matched up exactly anyway.

Have fun making it anyway (I did)

I would love a 360 view on these to see all sides too

Roses
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:45:54 AM
Darn it, I knew there was a solution staring me in the face. LOL Thank you for that! I should be able to get what I'm going for that way. Smile

Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:09:27 AM
Here's what I was making. I wanted the island on one edge on each side so that the images would mirror each other. I'm a little surprised we don't have a view showing where these edges meet.

Anyway, thanks for the help! This was my first can cooler. Idea I still need to make an icon, but this is part of a beach collection I'm making. Smile

Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:32:51 PM
Lovely and well done on designing your first can cooler!

Cheers to lots of sales for you!

Roses