Products out of stock/not available
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:06:47 PM
So a lot of the clothing and accessory products I am putting my designs on it always says this: "Sorry, this Style is temporarily sold out. Please select another Style."Crying Are items being discontinued or will they be coming back into stock? Is there anyway to know when they will be coming back into stock if so?
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:23:34 PM
Anxious_Art wrote:
So a lot of the clothing and accessory products I am putting my designs on it always says this: "Sorry, this Style is temporarily sold out. Please select another Style."Crying Are items being discontinued or will they be coming back into stock? Is there anyway to know when they will be coming back into stock if so?

If it says "Style Unavailable", check the product page for another style to use.
Many shirts were taken out for the holidays and I don't know if they were ever added back in. Just use another style.

Sold Out and Out of stock products are awaiting the supplier to resupply or possibly awaiting a new supplier. All Zazzle can tell us is "we are working with the supplier...." Rarely do we get an ETA, though there have been a couple occasions when an ETA was available.

If a product will be discontinued, Zazzle will tell us if possible. If products are discontinued, you wouldn't see a product page for them. When products are discontinued, or even a certain style per product, there is a section in our product backend in the VISIBILITY dropdown that shows any discontinued product/style we have designed. Those we can delete. If it is Style, we have the choice to edit into another style. But discontinued products only go there if we have designed said product.
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 11:39:34 AM
Thank You Smile
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:45:02 PM
When I run across a product that says "Out Of Stock" or "Sold Out", if it is a product that I really wanted to design I will go ahead and design it. That way I am ahead when/if the product returns. If it is a shirt style that I want my work displayed on, I will go ahead and design it and the customer can choose their own style if they really want my design.
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2019 11:13:49 PM
Checking my apparel products out of stock is still huge! EG "High Neck Short Sleeve Ladies Tees" "Maternity Tees" Some Men's Tees as well! Online Customers will click off the site immediately, if they click on so many out of stock items.Not good for returning customers either!
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 4:32:23 AM
orientcourt wrote:
Checking my apparel products out of stock is still huge! EG "High Neck Short Sleeve Ladies Tees" "Maternity Tees" Some Men's Tees as well! Online Customers will click off the site immediately, if they click on so many out of stock items.Not good for returning customers either!

I agree with you and think they should hide things that are truly out of stock until they come back. That would solve a lot of headache for us all. And if they can hide our products then they can hide OOS products as well.

Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 1:17:38 PM
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
orientcourt wrote:

I agree with you and think they should hide things that are truly out of stock until they come back. That would solve a lot of headache for us all. And if they can hide our products then they can hide OOS products as well.

I did have some sympathy with Zazzle's approach before Christmas, that it made sense to streamline the apparel offering so that there would be fewer problems with insufficient stocks for particular sizes/colours/styles etc.

I even left most of my designs on the items I had originally selected as being best to display them, figuring that in a couple of months time we would be back to normal and it would be a waste of effort to switch them around again. (I have changed them now of course.)

So it is disappointing that 9 months later there is still no sign of the full range of styles returning. I do think there has been plenty of time for Zazzle to assess the success or otherwise of the initiative, and come to a decision as to whether they are going to re-stock or not.

I think it looks dreadful from a shopper's perspective to have style after style displaying "Out of Stock". As a customer, I would form the judgement that a site that does that is signalling either inefficiency and poor planning (they haven't bought the right quantities of stock for their market), or they are lazy and lacking the resources to keep their website updated properly. Either way, it is a red flag for me and I would be wary of doing business with them.

Come on Zazzle. I am sure you can do better. Please make your mind up - and let us know!

Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 2:10:35 PM
Quote:
I think it looks dreadful from a shopper's perspective to have style after style displaying "Out of Stock". As a customer, I would form the judgement that a site that does that is signalling either inefficiency and poor planning (they haven't bought the right quantities of stock for their market), or they are lazy and lacking the resources to keep their website updated properly. Either way, it is a red flag for me and I would be wary of doing business with them.

^^^this exactly... no matter how you look at it it looks bad.
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 6:16:28 PM
I've reached two conclusions:

1) Zazzle isn't going to tell us their intentions for the not-really-out-of-stock apparel. I gave up on it a long time, moved things to different styles, or deleted them outright. I can't make money off things I can't sell, and I've determined that there's no value in waiting around for Zazzle to 1) figure out what they're doing, and 2) actually get around to telling us about it.

I make a lot fewer products than I used to as a result, because I don't want to waste my time designing things that are just going to wind up being "completely sold out" or purposely put "out of stock" in order to reduce the range of choice available to customers.

The platform may be free, but my labor isn't.

I'd like to be able to say I've moved on from the not-really-out-of-stock but we won't sell it thing, but the non-answers and 'radio silence' on the matter have been especially galling.
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:54:13 AM
I've been wondering about this as I've been wanting to design dishes. They say out of stock and seeing as I'm new here I have no idea how long they have not been stocked or if this has happened before. With all the great items and push for wedding themes here, those seemed like a nice gift option.
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:53:16 AM
The porcelain plates haven't been out of stock very long. We don't know when or if they'll be back, or why. The vendor may have problems. One vendor once had their facility affected by a hurricane. It took several months for their products to come back, but they eventually did.
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:02:46 AM
Maz, great to know, thanks! Wow about that vendor and I'm really glad they were able to get back on their feet.
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:11:07 AM
Maz wrote:
The porcelain plates haven't been out of stock very long. We don't know when or if they'll be back, or why. The vendor may have problems. One vendor once had their facility affected by a hurricane. It took several months for their products to come back, but they eventually did.

Regarding Maryland China their website sure doesn't look like they have problems!! But I didn't see the particular style available that has been sold on Zazzle...if that style is discontinued, I sure they get a replacement style...and soon!! I have sold hundreds and hundreds of those plates.
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:15:26 AM
Awesome! I do think they're an excellent item choice for so many occasions.
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 12:24:56 PM
Digitalbcon wrote:
Maz wrote:

Regarding Maryland China their website sure doesn't look like they have problems!! But I didn't see the particular style available that has been sold on Zazzle...if that style is discontinued, I sure they get a replacement style...and soon!! I have sold hundreds and hundreds of those plates.

I knew that was a staple product for your anniversary designs... I just spent a lot of time designing art plates for collectors right before they went OOS. I hope they get a replacement as well!
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:46:15 PM
Digitalbcon wrote:
Maz wrote:

I knew that was a staple product for your anniversary designs... I just spent a lot of time designing art plates for collectors right before they went OOS. I hope they get a replacement as well!

The porcelain plates hurt. I really hope they'll come back in time for next Christmas. Due to the nature of my niche and works, they will be guaranteed bestsellers among other "precious" keepsake products and were already meant to be integral part of my table sets (I was just starting a few test designs, when they went oos). The "completely oos" status scares me, that's never a good sign in terms of time it needs to come back.

I'll stick to the beautiful oval platters for now and will probably add a few melamine ones specific for all-day use dish sets (plastic isn't really suited for decorative collectibles and gifts, too cheap).
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 5:24:41 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
Digitalbcon wrote:
Maz wrote:

The porcelain plates hurt. I really hope they'll come back in time for next Christmas. Due to the nature of my niche and works, they will be guaranteed bestsellers among other "precious" keepsake products and were already meant to be integral part of my table sets (I was just starting a few test designs, when they went oos). The "completely oos" status scares me, that's never a good sign in terms of time it needs to come back.

I'll stick to the beautiful oval platters for now and will probably add a few melamine ones specific for all-day use dish sets (plastic isn't really suited for decorative collectibles and gifts, too cheap).

I have some platter designs but they are quite a lot more expensive and have only sold four platters...that's why the plate was so popular. It was a great quality product for the price.
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 5:51:53 AM
Digitalbcon wrote:

I have some platter designs but they are quite a lot more expensive and have only sold four platters...that's why the plate was so popular. It was a great quality product for the price.

I agree, plus they don't really work as collectible wall plates, more suited for table decoration. In my case, the price difference matters less, tho. They make amazingly beautiful keepsake gifts printed with your own pets embedded in fairytale-like scenes. Less expensive and more unique than a blanket. With a nice sale, the prices drop to a more affordable level, too. I'm pretty confident, they will work perfectly in my case.

Nonetheless, the round porcelain plates are a great gift item. I know so many people collecting porcelain plates (my mother included), and I also know many that would love to have them with their own pets on them. Too sad they're oos, and what scares me most... completely oos.
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 6:10:21 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
Digitalbcon wrote:

I agree, plus they don't really work as collectible wall plates, more suited for table decoration. In my case, the price difference matters less, tho. They make amazingly beautiful keepsake gifts printed with your own pets embedded in fairytale-like scenes. Less expensive and more unique than a blanket. With a nice sale, the prices drop to a more affordable level, too. I'm pretty confident, they will work perfectly in my case.

Nonetheless, the round porcelain plates are a great gift item. I know so many people collecting porcelain plates (my mother included), and I also know many that would love to have them with their own pets on them. Too sad they're oos, and what scares me most... completely oos.

I totally agree. My concern is that is a product that is being discontinued...other OOS products allow you to continue designing on that product template...not so with this one. So I don't think it's coming back. I just hope they come up with a replacement product soon. You're right it makes such a great collectible for special occasions.
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 6:21:35 AM
Digitalbcon wrote:

I totally agree. My concern is that is a product that is being discontinued...other OOS products allow you to continue designing on that product template...not so with this one. So I don't think it's coming back. I just hope they come up with a replacement product soon. You're right it makes such a great collectible for special occasions.

You just scared me so i checked it out and it still worked. I could design it AND put it for sale/publishing (the button worked and the publishing page opened). But yeah, completely oos is always an alarm signal to me. Usually these products need at least a few months to come back, if you're lucky. I guess I can forget adding them to my xmas to-do list. Oh well.
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 6:33:27 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
Digitalbcon wrote:

You just scared me so i checked it out and it still worked. I could design it AND put it for sale/publishing (the button worked and the publishing page opened). But yeah, completely oos is always an alarm signal to me. Usually these products need at least a few months to come back, if you're lucky. I guess I can forget adding them to my xmas to-do list. Oh well.

Really? I tried a few weeks ago and couldn't at my end...I'll try again...thanks for letting me know.
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 7:04:49 AM
Digitalbcon wrote:
Really? I tried a few weeks ago and couldn't at my end...I'll try again...thanks for letting me know.

Yup, at least the publishing page opens, didn't go further. You're welcome.
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 8:52:23 AM
And another product I used to sell seemingly bites the dust. Maybe the plates will be back, but I don't see any point in making things my customers can't buy.

One begins to wonder what's disappearing next.
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 11:03:42 AM
Pets...
Just a thought as I was reading the last posts ...

Would the glass trinket trays work for your keepsake plate? They are rather small at 5.75 inches (Square & Round) Large rectangle is 7x10.
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 11:33:50 AM
BKMuir wrote:
Pets...
Just a thought as I was reading the last posts ...

Would the glass trinket trays work for your keepsake plate? They are rather small at 5.75 inches (Square & Round) Large rectangle is 7x10.

They're already on my top list. Absolutely beautiful. It's not the same, tho.