Product types, etc., in Descriptions
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 12:09:43 PM
Since descriptions are mostly for SEO, is it a good idea to mention the product type in it? Also, "customizable," etc.? I've seen both in the forums and even in the Zazzle help thing.

Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 12:38:18 PM
AprilThird wrote:
Since descriptions are mostly for SEO, is it a good idea to mention the product type in it? Also, "customizable," etc.? I've seen both in the forums and even in the Zazzle help thing.

I add the product type because otherwise my products would all have the same description, which is frowned upon. For me, adding the type throws a kink into my descriptions being seen as duplicates. When I create a template, I use "Personalize" in the description so the customer will know they can change the image and/or text. In the early days I added "personalize" and "customize" in the tags, but stopped that long ago. I may still have some of those hanging out as tags, though I hope I did change them all.
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 12:50:40 PM
Thanks, Gina! That's what I wanted to hear. ;)
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 1:03:49 PM
AprilThird wrote:

You're welcome

I should clarify... I meant if I didn't add product types, all my products with same design would have same description lol My reply sounds as if I just paste the same description to everything!
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 1:17:38 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
AprilThird wrote:

You're welcome

I should clarify... I meant if I didn't add product types, all my products with same design would have same description lol My reply sounds as if I just paste the same description to everything!

lol. I was reading what you meant and not what you said... Happy
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 1:28:18 PM
Me too, Shelli. You're cool, Gina. Smile
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 1:36:45 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
AprilThird wrote:

You're welcome

lol. I was reading what you meant and not what you said... Happy

AprilThird wrote:
Me too, Shelli. You're cool, Gina. Smile

HaHa! Thanks y'all!! Grin
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 9:34:39 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
AprilThird wrote:

I add the product type because otherwise my products would all have the same description, which is frowned upon. For me, adding the type throws a kink into my descriptions being seen as duplicates. When I create a template, I use "Personalize" in the description so the customer will know they can change the image and/or text. In the early days I added "personalize" and "customize" in the tags, but stopped that long ago. I may still have some of those hanging out as tags, though I hope I did change them all.

I do the same thing.