Product creation problem again
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 12:37:42 AM
I couldn't find my original post on this topic so I'll start a new post. When I tried to place a design on a necklace the "Add Image" button for "create your own design" is not there. I clicked on other products through the "Create Your Own" link just like I did for the necklace and those other products have the "Add Image" button showing up just fine. I don't understand why the "Add Image" button doesn't show up for necklaces and some other products I've tried adding designs to. Shouldn't the button show up on all products under "Create Your Own"? I've even seen the "Add Image" button show up under products listed as "Sorry, this Style is temporarily sold out." Some might respond that "it could be a glitch" but why would there be a glitch on some products when others products have the button show up? Thanks in advance.
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 4:20:01 AM
I hear your frustration but unless we have a link to the product you are referring to Zazzle can't help you.
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 6:29:27 AM
This was from the "Create Your Own" link: Necklace product page
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 6:45:11 AM
I can see it when I click your link... maybe it's a browser issue and clearing your cache might help or try from a different browser.

I am using Firefox, Windows 10
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 6:54:54 AM
Strange. I'm using Safari (I have an iMac) and, as I mentioned earlier (I think), some products show the "Add Image" link and others don't.
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 6:58:02 AM
ouroborosgear wrote:
Strange. I'm using Safari (I have an iMac) and, as I mentioned earlier (I think), some products show the "Add Image" link and others don't.

Well if Lynn (LMGildersleeve) can see it too we will know it is not the browser. I think she uses Safari also.

Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 7:01:36 AM
I’ m using safari/iPad and the add image button is there
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 7:04:10 AM
This probably doesn't mean anything but on my iPhone using mobile Safari I see the "add design" button when I click your link also...

just in case you need help clearing your cache here's a link from Apple Support page.

https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/clear-your-browsing-history-sfri47acf5d6/mac

Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 7:05:19 AM
Maz wrote:
I’ m using safari/iPad and the add image button is there

Thank you Maz!
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 7:49:49 AM
It's working now. Not sure what the problem before was. Thanks.
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 7:57:38 AM
This was what I was encountering before (see screenshot below). I added the red arrows and red text beneath the arrows to emphasize what I was seeing under the same browser (Safari).

Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 7:59:47 AM
weird, but glad it is working for you now...
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 8:09:33 AM
The thing is, this has happened before, where some products have the "Add Image" button showing and other products do not (in the same browser). It's irritating because I can be on a roll and have my designing momentum going and it gets stopped by stuff like this. I have far too many designs to get sidetracked by this as I only have time after work (I have a day job) and on the weekend to work on my Zazzle store. I'm hoping to turn this into a full-time gig and getting slowed down my this doesn't help.
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 10:40:07 AM
ouroborosgear wrote:
The thing is, this has happened before, where some products have the "Add Image" button showing and other products do not (in the same browser). It's irritating because I can be on a roll and have my designing momentum going and it gets stopped by stuff like this. I have far too many designs to get sidetracked by this as I only have time after work (I have a day job) and on the weekend to work on my Zazzle store. I'm hoping to turn this into a full-time gig and getting slowed down my this doesn't help.

I totally understand
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 12:30:43 PM
I hate hitting seemingly unnecessary brick walls when I design too. At least we know it's intermittent. I always thought it was a browser issue too.

I'm still using High Sierra v. 10.13.6 and using Safari 12.0.03 I saw the appropriate buttons.

I don't dare move to Mohave cause I think I'll loose my PS6 in the process.
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 12:51:51 PM
I bought my iMac in December 2018 so I have Mojave. I don't have a video game console to it's not a concern for me.
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 7:27:14 AM
ouroborosgear wrote:
I bought my iMac in December 2018 so I have Mojave. I don't have a video game console to it's not a concern for me.

Ops, PS6 stands for PhotoShop 6. I forgot Play Station uses the same terminology. Laughing
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 8:11:45 PM
Well, it's happening again for me. No "Add Design" button. It may show up for others as it did before, but it's not showing for me. I've been busy creating many designs for products I hadn't come across before. Now that I'm ready to add those designs the "Add Design" button won't show. Frustrating. Help! lol
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 8:24:17 PM
https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts

Bookmark that page and get your blanks from there
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 8:28:36 PM
Maz wrote:
https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts

Bookmark that page and get your blanks from there

Still not showing the "Add Design" button, even when going through that link. I went on that page before and unfortunately had the same result as before. Thanks though.
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 9:36:25 PM
I emailed Zazzle Support, uploaded a screenshot of what I saw on my screen (the missing "Add Design" button), as well as explained that this is something that happens to me from time to time. I'll see what they say and will post updates. Thanks again.
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 7:54:53 PM
ouroborosgear wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you, working a full-time day job and doing Zazzle when I can. Put at least 20 hours a week into it and try to add at least 300 or more products a month. I have not had the issue you're having, though. Have you tried different browsers? I have always used Firefox from the get-go and have not had any issues. Hope you can get it sorted out. I'm sure that's frustrating when you're on a roll.
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 4:33:44 PM
I installed Firefox on my iMac and that did it. Thanks again!
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 7:02:23 PM
ouroborosgear wrote:
I installed Firefox on my iMac and that did it. Thanks again!

Awesome!Grin