Post Your HolidayZ for DayZ Questions Here! 4 pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2017 10:58:02 AM
How about new designs that were created between July/August when there was a call for Groupon Offering - Holiday Cards. Can they be submitted for this contest as well?
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2017 11:46:04 AM
the terms say
"The 3 primary entry product types must be featured in the top row of the collection and the secondary ones underneath"
but the top row has 4 items in collection, so can we feature 4 products of main category in top row?
and then secondary products in second row?
Love
Maria
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2017 12:55:03 PM
QUESTIONS

1. All products must be new. Does it mean, that all the products must be created AFTER September 1 (different days allowed)? Or shall the be created just the same day they are added to a collection? What about postage stamps, it takes time to get an approval?

What if I take my old design, edit it and save it as a new design (edited designs are always saved only as brand new ones, never posted on Z in the past). Is it allowed?

2. Shall the collection contain 5 items of exactly the same design (image, text), or if the collection is about Halloween I may add 5 items with different Halloween designs? What if the image is the same and the text is different?

Posted: Saturday, September 09, 2017 6:58:48 PM
Hi there,

- Similar questions: I have JUST started posting holiday cards, right before September 1st - does this mean I can't expand and use these designs in the challenge? (Nothing has sold or probably even viewed - they are holiday cards and I'm a newbie) Would be a shame if I couldn't use them.

- Is there a limit as to how many entries? I was planning on making more than one....

Thanks much for all your help!
Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2017 2:27:53 PM
I was posting my submission when I noticed that it asks for a 'Link' rather than the 18 digit code for the collection portion of the form. So that is what I did - the link. Yet I noticed others submitted only the 18 digits....

Is my submission OK with the 'link' or should I be re-submitting?

Advice would be appreciated, thanks, Andrea
Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2017 6:17:15 PM
I'd like to get some confirmation/clarification about something. In the Holiday Design Challenge (dated Friday, September 01, 2017 3:17 PM) Legal it says:

· All designs submitted but (<--- error in the text) be new* to the Zazzle Marketplace.

*’New’ means a design that has never been posted for sale within the Zazzle Marketplace.

and

The Contest will run from 12:00 AM Pacific Time on 09/01/2017 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on 10/02/2017 ("Contest Period").

I assumed (correctly I think?) that all designs should have not been made or sent to the MP before September 1, 2017. Yet, I noticed submitted designs that have been on the MP at least since July already? So I spent some time checking all stamp submissions, and here's what I found. Out of 60 stamp submissions... 2 were made in October 2016, 5 in July 2017, and 18 in August 2017. This totals to 25 out of 60 that should not be on the submission list if I interpreted the rules correctly.

So what's the deal here people? If these submissions are allowed to participate, it won't be fair to those that do follow the rules. If that's how the game's being played, I respectfully pass and will devote my time to something else.
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 3:43:32 AM
==If a Canadian resident wins a prize, that person must also answer correctly within a 5 minute time period a mathematical skill-testing question without the benefit of any calculating devices before the prize will be awarded.==

Just out of curiosity, why? Smile
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 9:54:45 AM
Hi,

Responding to all questions at once...

@NStudio --> new means they must be created after the start of this contest (9/1). You can not use previously submitted Groupon cards for this contest.

@blessedwedding --> yes, you can feature 4 products of the main category in the top row, and the secondary products in the second row.

@DigitalSolutions2u --> Yes, all products must be created after 9/1 (different day is allowed). You can still add stamps to your collection even if they haven't been approved, but we will work with the approval team to make sure they are all approved by the end of the contest.

Sure, if you edit it and repost it, it technically counts as a new design.

The collection doesn't need to be the same design, we suggest they not be exactly the same, they just have to go together as a collection. You can for sure add 5 different items with different Halloween designs.

@Petrichor --> Sorry, unfortunately, you can not use the holiday cards you posted before 9/1. However, there is no limit to how many entries you can submit. The sky is the limit! Smile

@Andrea --> Hi, please post the just the 18 digit PID for the 5 items, and the link for the collection. If you feel you didn't do that, you can always resubmit your entries, there will be no penalty for this.

@ArtAttic --> First of all, my bad for allowing other responses to be open. This has now been changed. Designers should not have been allowed to see other submissions, that has now been updated.

Secondly, thanks for your concern, but we will be checking the submission times when we review the products. The designs that have been in the MP before 9/1 will be disqualified.

Please worry only about your own submission, and let us enforce the rules. Thanks!

@WittyBetty --> That's a Candian rule that our legal put in. Smile I'm not too sure either? Please rest assure that the nationality of the designer will bear no weight in this contest.

Hopefully that answers all the questions!

Best of luck.

Thanks!
Monica

Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 5:21:28 PM
Monica wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for responding late... answers below!

Regarding customization, please do not feel the need to force it in your design if it doesn't make sense. We will be looking more at the customization elements for the folded cards vs the other elements. We understand that leggings and other similar products are a little harder to customize for. My suggestion is to make sure that your secondary products have some creative theme tied in with your primary products.

Let me know if I missed any questions below!

Excited to see your entries!

Thanks,
Monica

That's great! Thanks for the response.
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 12:42:42 AM
Monica wrote:

@NStudio --> new means they must be created after the start of this contest (9/1). You can not use previously submitted Groupon cards for this contest.

That is unfortunate. Some of us created a lot of designs probably even whole collections to go along with the cards just prior to (9/1).

Follow up question. The Groupon cards were flat cards. If we took the same designs and put them on folded cards, would they be considered new and therefore eligible for the contest?
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:22:50 AM
Monica wrote:

@WittyBetty --> That's a Candian rule that our legal put in. Smile I'm not too sure either? Please rest assure that the nationality of the designer will bear no weight in this contest.

Whenever I saw it on my Timmies roll up the rim cup I wondered too! Laughing Turns out that in Canada luck based prizes that require no skill and have a monetary value are considered gambling. To avoid being classified as a private illegal lottery (gambling) you add a skill testing math question - once you add any element of "skill" it is no longer luck based, and is allowed. Though, since this contest from Zazzle requires artistic & design skills and people are not being picked randomly based on luck, I don't think a second skill test is needed. ;) Oh Canada laws!
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 10:32:02 AM
@Nstudio --> if you create a new folded card (even though the design was previously on a flat card), that is still considered a new product type, so yes eligible for the contest. Go for it! Good luck.

@Tanya --> I'm not a lawyer, so thanks for explaining.
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 9:33:46 AM
For the holiday contest, does the #holidayZ only go on the 5 selected submissions or on ALL items in the Collection?
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 7:16:48 PM
The #holidayz tag is to help merchandisers find your products to feature later on. At a minimum, you should add it to the 5 submissions, but up to you if you want to add them to all your products. It won't harm or help you in any way, so up to you!

Good luck!
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 7:16:49 PM
The #holidayz tag is to help merchandisers find your products to feature later on. At a minimum, you should add it to the 5 submissions, but up to you if you want to add them to all your products. It won't harm or help you in any way, so up to you!

Good luck!
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 7:10:22 AM
This is my first contest submission and I don't know what I'd need to do to comply with "any product marked Made by Zazzle." I have no idea what a "gift code" is, either.

Any info would be very welcome before I make my submission. Thanks!

Editor’s Picks (10): $100 Zazzle gift codes for any product marked Made by Zazzle
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 9:35:17 AM
@newradiance

If you are one of the 10 editors picks, we will provide you with a gift certificate good for any products marked "made by Zazzle" on our website. Zazzle is a marketplace with a lot of 3'rd party makers, so this gift certificate would only be eligible on products made and sold by Zazzle. Best of luck.
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 10:23:44 AM
Thanks, Monica.
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 9:56:32 PM
I cannot figure out what is the product number. What part of the URL is it? The numbers after the = sign are my store number. (Correct?)

https://www.zazzle.com/z/ygtx9?rf=238400098675667475

Please help!
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 8:28:20 AM
Hi, Monica.

Regarding stamps, you said, "You can still add stamps to your collection even if they haven't been approved, but we will work with the approval team to make sure they are all approved by the end of the contest."

I have a few questions:

1) If we want to submit stamps with our collection before the stamps have been approved, how do we find out the Postage Stamp PID that we have to fill in on the submission form? I see my stamps listed under "Under Review," but I don't know how to look up their PIDs.

2) I was going to add "holidayZ" to the stamps' tags after they were approved, but if I want to submit them to the contest before approval, is there a way to add a tag to a design under review, other than revising and resubmitting for approval all over again?

2) How do we delete a stamp we have submitted that is now listed as "Under Review"? I don't see that option.

Thanks very much.
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 8:34:52 AM
Cathy Milne wrote:
I cannot figure out what is the product number. What part of the URL is it? The numbers after the = sign are my store number. (Correct?)

https://www.zazzle.com/z/ygtx9?rf=238400098675667475

Please help!

Open the Product. In the browser URL, there should be a long number (13 digits, I think?). That's the PID.

If for some reason, you don't see the browser URL (such as due to your browser settings), then scroll down to the where you see the date published. The PID is also there.
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 11:03:25 AM
@Cathy... with that URL, you have to click through to the product, and the last 18 digitals of the ULR is the Product Identification Number (PID).

In your case, the original URL is: https://www.zazzle.com/z/ygtx9?rf=238400098675667475

that clicks through to: https://www.zazzle.com/prancin_dancin_reindeer_postage_stamp-172935682297532439?social=true

and the PID is: 172935682297532439

Hope that makes sense.

-Monica

Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:24:41 AM
I think I may have accidentally shot myself in the foot with a submission. I submitted a PID for a card made in August instead of the newer one created during the contest period. Crying Should I re-submit the whole collection?
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:15:55 PM
RedwoodAndVine wrote:
I think I may have accidentally shot myself in the foot with a submission. I submitted a PID for a card made in August instead of the newer one created during the contest period. Crying Should I re-submit the whole collection?

Yep, you can resubmit
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:17:57 PM
Thanks! Smile
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 10:38:29 AM
I feel really stupid because I have read the directions several times and I am confused.If anyone is willing to offer help I would greatly appreciate it.

1) Where do I enter the PID everyone is talking about in this thread?
2) How do I get the PID for my stamp? I cannot click through to get the PID as stated in a previous reply to someone's question about this.
3) There is only 1 item showing at the top and 2 at the bottom of the collection and then the remaining 2 does not show. Is this correct?

Thank you for any help.

Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 11:22:58 AM
1. There's a Google submission form linked in the News announcement, and I think in the Legal too. That's where we copy/paste our PIDs. That form is here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSegBHX2LGgrWzNdSVPkotaiCQJhvhRdJMjgRhUy8LXGQ-z4KA/formrestricted?pli=1

2. I think someone answered that, but I didn't try the answer. My stamps have been clearing quickly though, and Zazzle usually gives us a little grace on stamps not cleared and put in the Collection right away. Give that one 24-48 hours, and see if it's cleared.

3. What you describe sounds like the view of a Collection before we click it, and, yes, that's how it shows. Click the Collection, and you'll see there are 4 products in each row. Click Organize to rearrange things as per the instructions.
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:31:07 PM
Thank you so much!!!
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 6:47:10 PM
LetMeMagnetizeYou wrote:

1) If we want to submit stamps with our collection before the stamps have been approved, how do we find out the Postage Stamp PID that we have to fill in on the submission form? I see my stamps listed under "Under Review," but I don't know how to look up their PIDs.

I have the same question! Sad I can't find a PID for the 'under review' item, my stamp. And I can't figure out how to view that product page, it appears only under the tab for items under review, but nowhere that I can see how to add to a collection. Since we're close to the end of the month I'm concerned it won't be approved in time. Sad
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:41:21 AM
I have everything ready to submit except for my stamp because it has been under review. What should we do if the stamps we have created are still under review on the last day of entry for the contest? Shocked