Permission to use copyrighted image
MessyTown
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 3:44:48 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Hi - If I have been granted permission by copyright holder to use their image, how I let Zazzle know this so that my products won't be removed?
RoyK_is_a_She
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 6:49:18 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

The only person or entity with a legal right to report it as a violation would the copyright holder. If they gave permission, there's no reason for them to report its use, so you should be fine.

If it's something like Coca Cola, which would be "submitted for review" prior to publishing because it's on a master list of things we can't use or you just want to get ahead of it, then you can get in touch with Content Management. If you've ever had anything pulled and have an email from them, that's the email address you want. (Not posting because I'm not sure if it violates something or another to post it in a public forum.)

Even if you do that, with so many products, I don't think that's a guarantee it won't be pulled. The good news is that even after they pull something, I've heard they can get it back for some unknown period of time.

TinkerM
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 7:23:58 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

MessyTown wrote:
Hi - If I have been granted permission by copyright holder to use their image, how I let Zazzle know this so that my products won't be removed?

I add it to my descriptions. Even then it can be pulled. I have for years used a artist and someone contacted every POD and the Artist and he did not recolonize my name as the stores are not my name and did not see the disclaimer in the descriptions. Hundreds were removed

I contacted support and they said he had to contact them even though I had it in writing. He did after I contacted him.

I would write support or maybe a Mod will chime in on what they prefer you do, but not take it for granted they will not get pulled or restored. Mine were not although I do know people who have, not so lucky.

Christine
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 11:07:27 AM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

Reach out to our content team at content_review [at] zazzle [dot] com with the design you're wanting to use and proof/documentations that you have approval
MessyTown
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 11:11:04 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

Thanks everyone. Will do.