Paper sizes outside the US
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 8:27:21 AM
I had a customer ask if I could make my design available "in either US Letterhead size (8.5 x11 inches) or A4 paper sheet size (8.27 × 11.69 inches) on the Australian Zazzle website i.e. www.zazzle.com.au? Currently the design of the red fox in falling snow is only available on the www.zazzle.com website. To order the US Letterhead size paper from www.zazzle.com the shipping costs from the US to Australia are greater than the cost of the paper/product. That does not make sound economic sense."

I don't think I have any control over this, though, do I? This is on Zazzle's end?
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 9:23:26 AM
ForestStudios wrote:
I had a customer ask if I could make my design available "in either US Letterhead size (8.5 x11 inches) or A4 paper sheet size (8.27 × 11.69 inches) on the Australian Zazzle website i.e. www.zazzle.com.au? Currently the design of the red fox in falling snow is only available on the www.zazzle.com website. To order the US Letterhead size paper from www.zazzle.com the shipping costs from the US to Australia are greater than the cost of the paper/product. That does not make sound economic sense."

I don't think I have any control over this, though, do I? This is on Zazzle's end?


Just offer it on an A4 to cover the rest of the world and have the customer worry about the rest. It is not wise to exclude the rest of the world. It is a big world with lots of customers, who are used to A4 and have no use for US letter, esp. since ordering from the respected home top level domain changes shipping and tax costs. You don't pay exorbitant shipping for paper product if you order from the corresponding TLD of your residence or the residence of the recipient only the usual for that country.

Happy


I take that back to some extent. 9 Euro shipping for 20 sheets of paper is a bit high. 10 sheets was 7 Euro which is fairly normal for shipping costs in Germany though you can get 10 sheets of paper from some online store with less shipping costs, most however stick to these 7€ for shipping regardless that they could send it cheaper.

I checked on 50 sheets and I saved 21€ with a volume discount and shipping is another extra 4€, so it seems more reasonable to order 50 than 20 sheets.
Happy


And these are my shipping options for 100 sheets saving 50€ volume discount:

Langsamer Versand - Keine Verfolgung 11,22 € (slow delivery, no tracking)
9 - 18 Werktage nach Produkterstellung.

Standard – Mit Verfolgung 21,11 € (standard delivery with tracking)
5-8 Werktage nach Produkterstellung

Express – Mit Verfolgung 56,17 € (express delivery with tracking)
2 - 4 Werktage nach Produkterstellung

____

If you're curious login to the Australian site, enter an Australian shipping address and check on the cost. German shipping was easier to check for me, since I don't need to add a shipping address.

Btw when I send gifts to friends outside the EU I shop in their country online, because I avoid excessive shipping and additional tax.

·△·
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 10:07:51 AM
vivendulies wrote:
ForestStudios wrote:
I had a customer ask if I could make my design available "in either US Letterhead size (8.5 x11 inches) or A4 paper sheet size (8.27 × 11.69 inches) on the Australian Zazzle website i.e. www.zazzle.com.au? Currently the design of the red fox in falling snow is only available on the www.zazzle.com website. To order the US Letterhead size paper from www.zazzle.com the shipping costs from the US to Australia are greater than the cost of the paper/product. That does not make sound economic sense."

I don't think I have any control over this, though, do I? This is on Zazzle's end?


Just offer it on an A4 to cover the rest of the world and have the customer worry about the rest. It is not wise to exclude the rest of the world. It is a big world with lots of customers, who are used to A4 and have no use for US letter, esp. since ordering from the respected home top level domain changes shipping and tax costs. You don't pay exorbitant shipping for paper product if you order from the corresponding TLD of your residence or the residence of the recipient only the usual for that country.

Happy


I take that back to some extent. 9 Euro shipping for 20 sheets of paper is a bit high. 10 sheets was 7 Euro which is fairly normal for shipping costs in Germany though you can get 10 sheets of paper from some online store with less shipping costs, most however stick to these 7€ for shipping regardless that they could send it cheaper.

I checked on 50 sheets and I saved 21€ with a volume discount and shipping is another extra 4€, so it seems more reasonable to order 50 than 20 sheets.
Happy


And these are my shipping options for 100 sheets saving 50€ volume discount:

Langsamer Versand - Keine Verfolgung 11,22 € (slow delivery, no tracking)
9 - 18 Werktage nach Produkterstellung.

Standard – Mit Verfolgung 21,11 € (standard delivery with tracking)
5-8 Werktage nach Produkterstellung

Express – Mit Verfolgung 56,17 € (express delivery with tracking)
2 - 4 Werktage nach Produkterstellung

____

If you're curious login to the Australian site, enter an Australian shipping address and check on the cost. German shipping was easier to check for me, since I don't need to add a shipping address.

Btw when I send gifts to friends outside the EU I shop in their country online, because I avoid excessive shipping and additional tax.

·△·


I'm confused, though. I did not restrict the products. Not sure why they can't buy it in A4 already unless Zazzle AU doesn't offer it.
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 10:58:21 AM
I'm not aware, Zazzle offers international DIN sizes, unless they changed it recently and I missed it. Long time ago I suggested to add DIN A4 to the US Letter sized letterheads/papers, to address international shoppers.
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 11:02:19 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
I'm not aware, Zazzle offers international DIN sizes, unless they changed it recently and I missed it. Long time ago I suggested to add DIN A4 to the US Letter sized letterheads/papers, to address international shoppers.


Search "A4 Stationary" and you can design on A4. Has been on zazzle for a long time, you must have overlooked it.

Correction: Login on a European TLD i.e. de and search "A4 Briefpapier".

Those who prefer English:
https://www.zazzle.com/s/a4+stationary

Just remember to write British English not US English in the description.

Grin
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 11:34:08 AM
I went to the AU site and tried to create a new product from scratch. I could not find "Letterhead" there like we have on the US site. I could only find "Stationary" that only comes in 5.5"x8.5". I can't find a product around 8.5"x11" on the AU site. Sad
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 11:38:16 AM
Then it's one of the products that are not available to create or sell from international domains.
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 11:38:27 AM
ForestStudios wrote:
I went to the AU site and tried to create a new product from scratch. I could not find "Letterhead" there like we have on the US site. I could only find "Stationary" that only comes in 5.5"x8.5". I can't find a product around 8.5"x11" on the AU site. Sad


Follow the UK-site link login on the UK and open any A4 stationary and use the create from scratch.

It's a shame that A4 is not included on all sites. A4 is used in the US, too, from what I read, though not quiet as popular.
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 11:39:42 AM
If the customer purchases from a domain that is not their country won't the customer pay a lot more? VAT?
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 11:41:11 AM
Maz wrote:
Then it's one of the products that are not available to create or sell from international domains.


Nope. It is available in all of Europe.

You need to login in in Europe to produce A4 and you can direct any customer to the UK site or inform them that any of the other EU TLDs will do, too.

If the customer is non European and A4 is not available on the customers home-TLD, yes, it may involve ugly shipping costs, vat, custom and postal handing fees.

·.·


Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 12:12:11 PM
vivendulies wrote:
PetsDreamlands wrote:
I'm not aware, Zazzle offers international DIN sizes, unless they changed it recently and I missed it. Long time ago I suggested to add DIN A4 to the US Letter sized letterheads/papers, to address international shoppers.


Search "A4 Stationary" and you can design on A4. Has been on zazzle for a long time, you must have overlooked it.

Correction: Login on a European TLD i.e. de and search "A4 Briefpapier".

Those who prefer English:
https://www.zazzle.com/s/a4+stationary

Just remember to write British English not US English in the description.

Grin

These searches link to the 5.5x8.5" stationery, no difference if on de or com. I don't see any A4 (21x29.7cm / 8.27x11.69") paper sheets. Not on com, nor on de. Either I'm blind or dumb or they don't exist.

Btw. I wouldn't use the old stationery paper product anyway, stick to the new paper sheets, they're way more flexible.

edit: there are various designer mentioning A4 sizes, but in fact they're not. Check the product description. If I remember well, I got even a Z answer that there are no DIN sizes available.

Edit 2: tested again, that time on UK site and searching for paper sheets and there are NO A4 sizes, simply the US paper sizes displayed in cm.
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 12:25:20 PM
ForestStudios wrote:
I went to the AU site and tried to create a new product from scratch. I could not find "Letterhead" there like we have on the US site. I could only find "Stationary" that only comes in 5.5"x8.5". I can't find a product around 8.5"x11" on the AU site. Sad

After testing the de and uk domain, I tried also the au one, searching for paper sheets, and as stated before, there are NO A4 sizes available, only the regular US sizes converted in cm. A hint, btw, as already stated: don't use the old stationery papers, use the paper sheet instead, way more flexible at basically the same price.
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 12:44:25 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
ForestStudios wrote:
I went to the AU site and tried to create a new product from scratch. I could not find "Letterhead" there like we have on the US site. I could only find "Stationary" that only comes in 5.5"x8.5". I can't find a product around 8.5"x11" on the AU site. Sad

After testing the de and uk domain, I tried also the au one, searching for paper sheets, and as stated before, there are NO A4 sizes available, only the regular US sizes converted in cm. A hint, btw, as already stated: don't use the old stationery papers, use the paper sheet instead, way more flexible at basically the same price.


Oh dear ... Sorry i didn't follow through once I saw the A4. But I guess this is false advertising by some unscrupulous zazzler or zazzler, who don't understand what DIN A4 stands for ...

Zazzle you may want to fix this, since Europeans will be very annoyed with US letter size since the mismatch with the Deutsche Industrie Norm (German industrial standards) aka DIN will be a nuisance.

-•-
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 2:01:53 PM
vivendulies wrote:
[quote=PetsDreamlands]
Oh dear ... Sorry i didn't follow through once I saw the A4. But I guess this is false advertising by some unscrupulous zazzler or zazzler, who don't understand what DIN A4 stands for ...

Zazzle you may want to fix this, since Europeans will be very annoyed with US letter size since the mismatch with the Deutsche Industrie Norm (German industrial standards) aka DIN will be a nuisance.

-•-

Agree and agree. Either false advertising or missing knowledge.

To Z: As already suggested long time ago, considering your international presence, IMO it would be a good decision to add the international DIN sizes to your paper ware (at least DIN A4 on paper sheets / letterheads / stationery, DIN A5 and A6 for flyers). I doubt, many in Europe (nor in other countries outside the US) will buy US letter sized stationery or letterheads as example. Would apply to envelopes, too, of course, but that could be more complex to achieve than a simple paper cut. Just a thought.
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 2:07:51 PM
vivendulies wrote:
ForestStudios wrote:
I went to the AU site and tried to create a new product from scratch. I could not find "Letterhead" there like we have on the US site. I could only find "Stationary" that only comes in 5.5"x8.5". I can't find a product around 8.5"x11" on the AU site. Sad


Follow the UK-site link login on the UK and open any A4 stationary and use the create from scratch.

It's a shame that A4 is not included on all sites. A4 is used in the US, too, from what I read, though not quiet as popular.


Well, the person is in Australia and doesn't want to pay international shipping. She wants to buy it on the Zazzle AU site. But it looks like that's just not an option for her. Sad
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 2:09:50 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
A hint, btw, as already stated: don't use the old stationery papers, use the paper sheet instead, way more flexible at basically the same price.


Which paper sheets exactly? Are those available on the AU site?
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 3:03:36 PM
ForestStudios wrote:
PetsDreamlands wrote:
A hint, btw, as already stated: don't use the old stationery papers, use the paper sheet instead, way more flexible at basically the same price.


Which paper sheets exactly? Are those available on the AU site?

Yep, available. These ones. 3 sizes, can be printed front and back, nice paper choice, you can buy one single sheet. I use these for double sided decorative writing paper. They are cheaper on the com site, tho. But there is a good bulk discount.

ETA: forgot the link. Here:



edit2: link switches to us site, select au domain and it will be there.
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 7:56:23 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
ForestStudios wrote:
PetsDreamlands wrote:
A hint, btw, as already stated: don't use the old stationery papers, use the paper sheet instead, way more flexible at basically the same price.


Which paper sheets exactly? Are those available on the AU site?

Yep, available. These ones. 3 sizes, can be printed front and back, nice paper choice, you can buy one single sheet. I use these for double sided decorative writing paper. They are cheaper on the com site, tho. But there is a good bulk discount.

ETA: forgot the link. Here:



edit2: link switches to us site, select au domain and it will be there.


Oh, thanks!
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded