Noticed all Pete Buttigieg products removed 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 7:06:22 PM
Hey I got some emails that they removed my Pete Buttigieg products from my political store.

I wondered why and did a search for other Pete merchandise to see what they did different and I notice all of them have been removed. Is his name copyrighted or something?

I'm just really curious before I go forth and make more Pete products.
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 7:39:56 PM
Reply to one of the emails they sent you, and ask them what the problem is. They will tell you why they pulled it.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 6:07:47 AM
Perhaps because he hasn't officially announced his run yet. He is still "exploring the option".

just a thought...
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 8:45:45 AM
Whoa...Shocked
This could be an interesting thread to watch. Happy
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:25:24 AM
RGebbiePhoto wrote:
Perhaps because he hasn't officially announced his run yet. He is still "exploring the option".

just a thought...

Groups: ProSeller

He HAS announced and was on "The View" saying why.

Pete Buttigieg On Why He Wants To Face Off Against President Trump in 2020

https://youtu.be/PI6IbymfkX8
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:39:15 AM
The only way to know for sure what the reason is is to reply to the email that Content Management sends you.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:43:37 AM
TheClothesCloset wrote:
RGebbiePhoto wrote:

just a thought...

Groups: ProSeller

He HAS announced and was on "The View" saying why.

Pete Buttigieg On Why He Wants To Face Off Against President Trump in 2020

https://youtu.be/PI6IbymfkX8

According to the news (as of 1 day ago at least), he hasn't formally announced a run, therefore products endorsing him probably are not allowed.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:59:56 AM
I had products removed also, they had already been approved by Zazzle. In addition I had sold many items. He officially announces tomorrow, Sunday, April 14. But, he does have an exploratory committee and has since early January.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:06:19 AM
Not to add fuel to the fire but if you Google the man there are several indications he is running for President.

But this video from CBS says (and he says in the video) he will make his announcement tomorrow Sundat th 14th.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:07:49 AM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
Not to add fuel to the fire but if you Google the man there are several indications he is running for President.

But this video from CBS says (and he says in the video) he will make his announcement tomorrow Sundat th 14th.

Right. And until he formally announces he is off limits. So those wanting to endorse him just need to be patient.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:20:35 AM
If the theory that he hasn't officially announced is the reason for the removals, then one, why did Zazzle approve my designs in the first place? And two why did Zazzle allow customers to purchase my designs? Sometimes you just have to wonder what goes on behind the scenes in content review (at least that is my experience from time to time). Just sayin.....

And why would Zazzle pull the plug 2 days before his official announcement?

Side note, I had designs for potential candidates, approved, posted and purchased well before they announced. Say three years. I've had Bernie Sanders 2020 designs in my store ever since he lost in 2016. So I not convinced this theory is correct. If it is correct, then Zazzle needs people reviewing political designs that know something about politics. Just sayin.....

I have respond to the emails from content review and will post the response.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:24:48 AM
ElectricPopSpot wrote:
If the theory that he hasn't officially announced is the reason for the removals, then one, why did Zazzle approve my designs in the first place? And two why did Zazzle allow customers to purchase my designs? Sometimes you just have to wonder what goes on behind the scenes in content review (at least that is my experience from time to time). Just sayin.....

Did you use QC? Those are the only products (aside from Zippo Lighters) that go up for approval before going into the MP. Otherwise they just went into the MP with a form "approval" message.

Perhaps Zazzle wasn't aware of anything so no reason to do any pulling *shrugs* I am guessing his team is behind the massive pull.

Any products that you have sitting there are not on Zazzle's radar. Until/unless a purchase is attempted, or a report is filed, Zazzle really isn't aware of what is in your shop.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:27:25 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
ElectricPopSpot wrote:

Did you use QC? Those are the only products (aside from Zippo Lighters) that go up for approval before going into the MP. Otherwise they just went into the MP with a form "approval" message.

Perhaps Zazzle wasn't aware of anything so no reason to do any pulling *shrugs* I am guessing his team is behind the massive pull.

Any products that you have sitting there are not on Zazzle's radar. Until/unless a purchase is attempted, or a report is filed, Zazzle really isn't aware of what is in your shop.

Yes, I used QC. And I sold many items. So I would think someone at Zazzle was aware.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:29:26 AM
ElectricPopSpot wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
ElectricPopSpot wrote:

Yes, I used QC.

Well then chalk it up to Zazzle, or the employee behind the approval, being unaware at that time.

Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:30:59 AM
ElectricPopSpot wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
ElectricPopSpot wrote:

Yes, I used QC. And I sold many items. So I would think someone at Zazzle was aware.

I was referring to your other items that you mentioned. Not this recent batch. if you used QC for the others, ok Zazzle is aware of that. But would they be aware the products are still there? That is what I was talking about.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:31:09 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
ElectricPopSpot wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
ElectricPopSpot wrote:

Yes, I used QC.

Well then chalk it up to Zazzle, or the employee behind the approval, being unaware at that time.

Ya, that was part of my point. People in content review don't know what they are approving or un-approving, that's my experience.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:33:20 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
ElectricPopSpot wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
ElectricPopSpot wrote:

I was referring to your other items that you mentioned. Not this recent batch. if you used QC for the others, ok Zazzle is aware of that. But would they be aware the products are still there? That is what I was talking about.

I have been selling Bernie Sanders 2020 designs for three years now. With content review's approval via QC.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:35:19 AM
ElectricPopSpot wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
ElectricPopSpot wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
ElectricPopSpot wrote:

Yes, I used QC.

Ya, that was part of my point. People in content review don't know what they are approving or un-approving, that's my experience.

It's quite possible since he had the exploratory committee, and as some have said, he said he is running, that was enough to make one believe it was ok, therefore approval was given *shrugs*

Anyways.... I don't do political designs/endorsements, so I probably shouldn't be in this thread. I just thought it would be helpful to state what I did in the beginning, about his run not yet being formally announced. I should have stopped there because I don't have the answers to why Zazzle does some of the things that Zazzle does lol Good luck to you all! Have a great rest of the week-end!
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 11:31:18 AM
Mine got yanked this morning. I had used a public domain photo from Wikimedia Commons. I searched his name and can't find a single Zazzle product today. Hmm??? I hope all the candidates don't make us yank our products down.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 11:41:31 AM
Zazzle could have checked to see if he had annunced. He's all over you tube talking about running. It wouldn't have taken much effort to find it out.

Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 11:44:22 AM
Idea I hope all the candidates don't make us yank our products down.
[/quote]

Are you kidding? They want all the publicity they can get and we should take advantage of that. We're doing them a favor creating positive products for their campaigns.
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 1:25:05 PM
TheClothesCloset wrote:
Zazzle could have checked to see if he had annunced. He's all over you tube talking about running. It wouldn't have taken much effort to find it out.

Everyone is assuming that Zazzle pulled the products because he hadn't officially announced his candidacy. We don't know for sure that is the reason.

I think you all just need to be patient for the official word.

Sorry you all are going through this.
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2019 8:31:36 AM
Wow I was worried, but all 152 of my Trump 2020 products are still there. Happy Stick out tongue
Feel free to 3rd Party anyone of them you want. Idea Grin Stick out tongue
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2019 11:38:27 AM
ALMOUNT wrote:
Wow I was worried, but all 152 of my Trump 2020 products are still there. Happy Stick out tongue
Feel free to 3rd Party anyone of them you want. Idea Grin Stick out tongue

fixin' to create a Pinterest board for them Grin

I just set up a nifttty scheduler to share your whole collection on a MAGA Pinterest board. Happy hope we both make some money!

Ps. I am not making boards for other candidates...
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:32:47 PM
A bit of possibly related news:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90334160/pete-buttigieg-debuts-a-radical-new-approach-to-campaign-branding

The campaign has a design kit. No, you can't use it for profit:

Quote:
Starting today, those who support Buttigieg now have access to all the campaign’s assets. On the design toolkit website, Hyperakt has laid out the main logos, including “Pete 2020,” “Team Pete,” and a funny graphic that simply says “Boot Edge Edge.” Supporters can play around with these logos by reconfiguring them in different colors, then downloading them in whatever size they like, including an Instagram icon, a desktop wallpaper, and a printable sign. Hyperakt also created specific Pete 2020 signs for each state, which supporters can download and use. These are very clearly inspired by sports imagery, and look a little like vintage pennants for sports teams. People are free to use and distribute the images within the toolkit, but they are not allowed to sell anything with assets to make money for themselves. This is similar to a creative commons non-commercial license.

I'm going to guess that if you do anything that comes to close to their combination of colors and graphics, that you'll likely have it pulled.
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 2:15:28 AM
Felosarix wrote:
A bit of possibly related news:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90334160/pete-buttigieg-debuts-a-radical-new-approach-to-campaign-branding

The campaign has a design kit. No, you can't use it for profit:

Quote:
Starting today, those who support Buttigieg now have access to all the campaign’s assets. On the design toolkit website, Hyperakt has laid out the main logos, including “Pete 2020,” “Team Pete,” and a funny graphic that simply says “Boot Edge Edge.” Supporters can play around with these logos by reconfiguring them in different colors, then downloading them in whatever size they like, including an Instagram icon, a desktop wallpaper, and a printable sign. Hyperakt also created specific Pete 2020 signs for each state, which supporters can download and use. These are very clearly inspired by sports imagery, and look a little like vintage pennants for sports teams. People are free to use and distribute the images within the toolkit, but they are not allowed to sell anything with assets to make money for themselves. This is similar to a creative commons non-commercial license.

I'm going to guess that if you do anything that comes to close to their combination of colors and graphics, that you'll likely have it pulled.

That was unexpected, unprecedented and almost certainly the actual reason. Hmmmmm. I did not see that coming.

This also explains why it was possible to sell products with his name previously but not once he had released his own version of print-on-demand design resources. People may even be able to use these designs on Zazzle to make yard signs, t shirts etc. for their own purchase, just not for sale.

One thing his campaign can't do is open up their own Zazzle store since it is forbidden for foreign nationals to contribute to US presidential campaigns. Official campaign swag sold to a customer not in the US could be an illegal campaign contribution. (Or not, I'm just winging it here). Somebody not in the US using a free resource to make their own personal t shirt wouldn't be making a financial contribution.
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 6:59:42 AM
Two sides to the story: (1) The campaign uses products to raise needed money. (2) The campaign might be missing out on a spread-the-word part of the campaign.

They must have weighed the pros and cons of limiting products and not limiting them. Only time will tell if they made the right choice.
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 8:24:46 AM

Well now I've heard everything. A polititian who DOESN'T WANT PUBLICITY
Here's the email I received this morning.

" We have been contacted by representatives of Pete Buttigieg and Pete For America, https://www.peteforamerica.com/; and products were removed per their request."

However, there are still Pete Buttigieg products on Zazzle so some of us were targeted while others are not. I suggest anyuone who's items were pulled let Zazzle know they missed a few. See link below. Fair is fair.

https://www.zazzle.com/s/pete+buttigieg

Nancy B.
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 10:32:01 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Two sides to the story: (1) The campaign uses products to raise needed money. (2) The campaign might be missing out on a spread-the-word part of the campaign.

They must have weighed the pros and cons of limiting products and not limiting them. Only time will tell if they made the right choice.

It doesn't really look to me like the aim is to make money for the campaign, since they say that the images within the toolkit can be freely distributed.

Apparently they want people to spread the word 'for free'. So like Susannah says, customers could possibly use the images to make things for themselves, but designers wanting to sell stuff are out of luck. One wonders though if Zazzle will even allow products using the toolkit's images to be made at all?

It's very strange, and I do think they're potentially missing a 'spread-the-word' opportunity.
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 4:25:05 PM
Felosarix wrote:
[quote=Colorwash]Two sides to the story: (1)

It's very strange, and I do think they're potentially missing a 'spread-the-word' opportunity.

Not at all since Zazzle have left other designers products with his name on them.

https://www.zazzle.com/s/pete+buttigieg.

My products merely had his name on them in red, white and blue stripes, whereas the designer at https://www.zazzle.com/s/pete+buttigieg makes fun of his name.