No Sell it button
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 6:44:54 PM
Hello, I've been going round and round all day, trying to use templates and I never get the "sell it" button, only the "add image" and "add text" buttons, ot the "customize" button.
What am I doing wrong, here ?
I wanted to use this template :
https://www.zazzle.com/flat_thank_you_card-256711749931631425
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 7:12:45 PM
https://forum.zazzle.com/feedback/no_sell_it_button_jan_13_2020

---

If you are seeing a customize it button then you are using another designers template, not Zazzles.

If I follow your link I get to a page telling me that this is a private product. But there is a create your own from scratch link right there.

THis is the link

https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-zazzle_flatthankyoucard?style=5.25x5.25&cornerstyle=normal&media=175ptmatte&printquality=4color&envelopes=white&design.areas=%5B5.25x5.25_front_full%5D&context=114705735243819140&view=113335724526596936

I did a quick test with it and had a sell it button available...

---

Also, you have to make sure you don't add any icons. Those are for customers only. Also, added background images found in the backgrounds tab will prevent you from posting it for sale too.
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 2:20:23 AM
Thank you.
But I followed your link and I got the same result.
I'm not adding icons or leaving images. I'm using my own art images…
I don't understand why i can't get a single template product (I do look for "templates" and only use the blank ones) to display a "seel it" button…

Edit : scratch this, it finally appeared after I went into edit and added the image…

But I don't understand what I did wrong, considering I was solely trying to use blanks marked as templates…
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 2:26:56 AM
Okay, so I see it takes away the "sell it" button if I don't add the envelope in the details. Is that normal ?

I'm sorry for all the questions…

I think that's what's been happening each time I tried. It's fine as long as I keep the envelope in, but the "sell it" goes away as soon as I want the card without the envelope…
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 2:51:21 AM
Kinoumenthe wrote:
Okay, so I see it takes away the "sell it" button if I don't add the envelope in the details. Is that normal ?

I'm sorry for all the questions…

I think that's what's been happening each time I tried. It's fine as long as I keep the envelope in, but the "sell it" goes away as soon as I want the card without the envelope…

Yes, the envelopes have to be checked for publishing.

In order to be able to publish for sale, you need to:

1. Use only official Zazzle templates/blanks or your own already published products as a basis for your work (no other designers' "blanks" nor designs)
2. NOT use any of the predefined icons or background images provided by Zazzle within the designer
3. Have envelopes checked where applicable
4. Within the publishing window: provide all required input: title, description, min. 1 tag, audience setting and terms acceptance.
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:34:16 AM
Thank you !
Yes, I gave up and kept the envelope… I guess the person buying can choose to buy without the envelope, which makes up for the lack of option at the creation stage.
It's the second time I'm creating things to sell in my shop and I'm always tripped by details like this.
Thank you again for the help.
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 4:10:54 AM
You're welcome. Yes, Zazzle can be very challenging in the beginning and it takes time and effort to master all the functionality it offers (quirks included), but as soon as you've figured out how all works, you'll hardly find alternatives that offer you that much. If you want to build up a "serious" store or brand, that's it. Welcome on board!