New Paper Coaster Shapes Official Tips & Tricks Thread
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:05:10 PM
Hi everyone!

Here is the place for you to share all of your tips and tricks for designing our brand new paper coasters!







Get all the details about this product in the new product thread here.

To show off your new designs on this product, pop over here.

Happy designing!

Best,
Z-Team
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:15:57 PM
Why are the diamond paper coasters 5 cents more than the square paper coasters?

Aren't the diamond ones just the square ones rotated 45 degrees?
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:27:17 PM
Jerry wrote:
Why are the diamond paper coasters 5 cents more than the square paper coasters?

Aren't the diamond ones just the square ones rotated 45 degrees?

^Ditto

And aren't the Hexagon coasters not the same as the Hexagon Pointed Top coasters, but also rotated?

ETA: both the square and diamond, and also both hexagon coasters even have the exact same in-situ view

I'm sorry, but this makes me Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:34:03 PM
ArtAttic wrote:

And aren't the Hexagon coasters not the same as the Hexagon Pointed Top coasters, but also rotated?

They are both nice for design orientation and merch display options. I just don't understand why they are 5 cents more. Maybe that part is a glitch. The actual price doesn't appear to change. I would post an example but I can't post pics in here for some reason.

Also, when switching from diamond shape to square, the design shrinks immensely and vice versa.
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:37:44 PM
Jerry wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:

And aren't the Hexagon coasters not the same as the Hexagon Pointed Top coasters, but also rotated?

They are both nice for design orientation and merch display options. I just don't understand why they are 5 cents more. Maybe that part is a glitch. The actual price doesn't appear to change. I would post an example but I can't post pics in here for some reason.

Also, when switching from diamond shape to square, the design shrinks immensely and vice versa.


Sure, but don't we have the design orientation option in the design tool for that? I mean, seriously, we keep being told that Zazzle customers are smart. I have created designs 15, 30, 45 degrees rotated already. I think this is silly.

I've also noticed the shrinking on the new metal mug. From ceramic mug to enamel, and vice versa. And not only shrinking, but the image gets moved as well. The conversion from ceramic mug to enamel is off.

ETA: I'm not seeing the price difference of 5 cents anymore?
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:45:55 PM
ArtAttic wrote:

Sure, but don't we have the design orientation option in the design tool for that?

ETA: I'm not seeing the price difference of 5 cents anymore?

I mean for the in situs, the design does rotate when switching them. It seems trivial but it could come in handy for someone.

The price thing doesn't appear to be consistent. I see it when I click on certain ones. This is why I think it is a glitch.
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:50:28 PM
Jerry wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:

Sure, but don't we have the design orientation option in the design tool for that?

ETA: I'm not seeing the price difference of 5 cents anymore?

I mean for the in situs, the design does rotate when switching them. It seems trivial but it could come in handy for someone.

The price thing doesn't appear to be consistent. I see it when I click on certain ones. This is why I think it is a glitch.


Yes I understand what you're saying. But that's when I rotate my design with the rotate option in the design tool.

Alright, I'm gonna experiment with this and see if it really makes that much of a difference that there need to be two of em. I can't help but shake my head over this. I must be missing something here.

I've been clicking up and down, left and right, the price is now the same for all of em from my standpoint.
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:59:43 PM
ArtAttic wrote:
Yes I understand what you're saying. But that's when I rotate my design with the rotate option in the design tool.

Alright, I'm gonna experiment with this and see if it really makes that much of a difference that there need to be two of em. I can't help but shake my head over this. I must be missing something here.

I've been clicking up and down, left and right, the price is now the same for all of em from my standpoint.


I dunno, lol.

I am only seeing the price difference during the create process now. Once posted for sale, all of the prices are the same.
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:05:13 PM
Jerry wrote:
I dunno, lol.

I am only seeing the price difference during the create process now. Once posted for sale, all of the prices are the same.


Have you made and yet, saved it, and then tried to find it there where you saved it, Jerry? They don't seem to attach to the store I save them in. And that's with the regular square one, I haven't even made a diamond one yet.

Found them, they're slow in showing up lol My bad!
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:08:38 PM
ArtAttic wrote:

Have you made and yet, saved it, and then tried to find it there where you saved it, Jerry? They don't seem to attach to the store I save them in. And that's with the regular square one, I haven't even made a diamond one yet.

I just made a few. It took awhile for the first one to show up in my backend.
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:09:31 PM
Jerry wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:

Have you made and yet, saved it, and then tried to find it there where you saved it, Jerry? They don't seem to attach to the store I save them in. And that's with the regular square one, I haven't even made a diamond one yet.

I just made a few. It took awhile for the first one to show up in my backend.


Yup, ditto lol
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:26:30 PM
SQUARE REGULAR VIEW SQUARE PAPER COASTER

SQUARE REGULAR VIEW 45 DEGREES ROTATED SQUARE PAPER COASTER

SQUARE REGULAR VIEW 90 DEGREES ROTATED SQUARE PAPER COASTER

DIAMOND REGULAR VIEW DIAMOND PAPER COASTER

DIAMOND REGULAR VIEW 45 DEGREES ROTATED DIAMOND PAPER COASTER

DIAMOND -45 DEGREES ROTATED DIAMOND PAPER COASTER

When starting to create a diamond coaster, you already have to rotate your image in order for it to be displayed correctly. But when doing so, the in-situ view gets completely distorted.

The regular square coasters can be used the exact same way as the diamond ones. If need be designs can be rotated in the design tool and will look perfectly fine.

I used the exact same square element and text in the square as in the diamond coasters. But you can see each coaster type calculates the size of the image differently.

A few more in-situ views:

CHEERS DIAMOND PAPER COASTER

ONLY TEXT DIAMOND PAPER COASTER

This needs fixing, if the diamond coaster is to stay. IMO it's a superfluous double of the regular square coaster. It has the same rotation options in the design tool, and is awkwardly more work when designing/creating it.
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:09:25 PM
ArtAttic wrote:

I've also noticed the shrinking on the new metal mug. From ceramic mug to enamel, and vice versa. And not only shrinking, but the image gets moved as well. The conversion from ceramic mug to enamel is off.

The shrinking and moving happen also to the standard 11 + 15oz mugs when you change mug size. Every time you switch mug size the image gets smaller and smaller and moves. You can try it out by yourself. Open such a mug, then simply switch a few times between the 11 and 15 oz size. That's why I create 11 + 15oz mugs separately. p.s. All other mugs work absolutely fine, it's the standard one that comes in 2 sizes and the various coloration + classic.

Reported that issue probably one year ago, with plenty of step-by-step description and screenshots. Not fixed yet, and it seems this applies to the new mug, too (not tested yet). I assume, they take the same preview template.

Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:59:50 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
Reported that issue probably one year ago, with plenty of step-by-step description and screenshots. Not fixed yet, and it seems this applies to the new mug, too (not tested yet). I assume, they take the same preview template.

Yes, I remember that it was reported back then and that nothing got fixed.

But ya know, there's quite a few things and products that don't work correctly, have display errors, or don't even show up in the MP menus. And I too have reported things in the past. But after the dreaded 'we'll pass this along', or not even get that response at all, and nothing is being done about things that are reported, I just don't report stuff anymore. It gets old ya know?

I don't mean this as a negative response to you, don't get me wrong. I'm just tired of noticing things, them being reported by others or me to Zazzle, and not see a chance. If that happens I just don't put effort in such products.
Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2019 12:41:50 AM
ArtAttic wrote:

Yes, I remember that it was reported back then and that nothing got fixed.

But ya know, there's quite a few things and products that don't work correctly, have display errors, or don't even show up in the MP menus. And I too have reported things in the past. But after the dreaded 'we'll pass this along', or not even get that response at all, and nothing is being done about things that are reported, I just don't report stuff anymore. It gets old ya know?

I don't mean this as a negative response to you, don't get me wrong. I'm just tired of noticing things, them being reported by others or me to Zazzle, and not see a chance. If that happens I just don't put effort in such products.

LOL, I know how you feel. Sometimes the guys listen, and often our suggestions go on vacation islands, located in the Bermuda Triangle, hahaha. Others aren't better, tho: told S6 almost a year ago, their all-over-tees (btw, Zazzle, these are badly missed) desperately need a back view, got a kind answer they're working on it, but nothing.

I've noticed the shrinking bug affects now other mugs, too, posted it to the dedicated thread.

Don't worry, btw, no offense taken here.
Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:14:39 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
LOL, I know how you feel. Sometimes the guys listen, and often our suggestions go on vacation islands, located in the Bermuda Triangle, hahaha. Others aren't better, tho: told S6 almost a year ago, their all-over-tees (btw, Zazzle, these are badly missed) desperately need a back view, got a kind answer they're working on it, but nothing.

I've noticed the shrinking bug affects now other mugs, too, posted it to the dedicated thread.

Don't worry, btw, no offense taken here.

*thumbs up* Smile
Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:21:17 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:

I've also noticed the shrinking on the new metal mug. From ceramic mug to enamel, and vice versa. And not only shrinking, but the image gets moved as well. The conversion from ceramic mug to enamel is off.

The shrinking and moving happen also to the standard 11 + 15oz mugs when you change mug size. Every time you switch mug size the image gets smaller and smaller and moves. You can try it out by yourself. Open such a mug, then simply switch a few times between the 11 and 15 oz size. That's why I create 11 + 15oz mugs separately. p.s. All other mugs work absolutely fine, it's the standard one that comes in 2 sizes and the various coloration + classic.

Reported that issue probably one year ago, with plenty of step-by-step description and screenshots. Not fixed yet, and it seems this applies to the new mug, too (not tested yet). I assume, they take the same preview template.


Either it was you or it was someone else who reported it even earlier than a year ago. It has to have been at least two or three years ago. It must have fallen off Z's radar.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded