Leggings! 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 9:22:38 AM
Hi Designers,

You asked, we listened, and we’re excited to announce the launch of all-over-print leggings!

Several months ago, we removed leggings because we weren’t satisfied with the print quality and design area. Since then, our team has been hard at work sourcing materials that meet our standards, perfecting the printing-cut-and-sew process, and pioneering visualization technology that best represents your designs.

Gone are the days of the narrow printing area; these print-all-over leggings are customizable from waist to ankle and front to back! Because the fabric is printed first and then hand-cut and sewn, here are a few tips for an optimal design experience:
- Patterns and solid colors work better at the seams than text and very specific images. Because the print, cut, sew process is manual, we cannot guarantee exact matches across the seams.
- For the most accurate visual representation of the final product, use one of the 4 on-model views (Front, Back, Left, Right). Art view is great for centering images on specific areas, but it is only gestural because it represents a 2-dimensional view of a 3D product. We strongly suggest that before publishing you double check the Front, Back, Left, and Right views as these will be most accurate representation of the final product.
- You will be designing on a size Medium. If the customer selects a different size, your design will be scaled appropriately.

Check out this quick tutorial before you start designing!

If you’re ready to design, start here!

Show off your designs here!

If you have any feedback on the design tool for these leggings, please let us know and we’ll gladly take note!

We’re excited to see where your imagination takes you!

Happy Designing!

Best,
Christine
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 9:25:42 AM
We've been working on this for a long time, so we are SOOO excited to finally launch it!!! We hope you guys like it. xoxo
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 9:51:36 AM
I love you Christine and Monica!!!

I haven't even clicked on the new leggings yet and I love them! Ha!

I'm super excited. Thank you, I love you Zazzle!
Love Roses Smile
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:00:32 AM
I can't send you a Kiss smiley but I kiss you from far lol
Thank You So Much :-)
Roses Love
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:20:36 AM
The new leggings are awesome! Thank y'all so much!! Love Roses
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:28:10 AM
these are great! wOoT
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:35:44 AM
Pick a pattern and kablam! Instant leggings.

Just one little nitpick: Those black sneakers look abominable with ultra-feminine colors and designs. Kind of like a ballerina wearing galoshes. How about a barefoot model? Customers could then imagine their own foot gear. I created some really pretty leggings, took one look at the black duck feet, and quacked up.
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 11:32:14 AM
WOOOTWOOT!!!
What a fantastic addition for Halloween and Christmas.. Way to Go ZAZZLE!!!
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 11:37:22 AM
Where's the Show Me thread?
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 11:47:25 AM
Fantastic! This is worlds better than the old ones!

I'm going to make the most gaudy, unusual stuff that nobody will ever wear!
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 11:50:27 AM
LOVE these!! Now I just have to control myself from making way too many pairs Laughing
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 11:50:46 AM
Happy to see all the excitement for this!

colorwash - Thanks for the feedback and suggestion!

ForestWildlife - We will include this in our official new products announcement tomorrow, which will have our usual Show Me thread. We just wanted to share the good news ahead of time so you can start designing and playing with the design tools for this new product. Plus get some feedback too!
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 12:59:35 PM
Can we have the option to design one side at a time? The ability to fill one side then mirror would make it easier to use any legging images we may already have and make smaller uploads for those with slow or limited band width. Also it would make placement easier on some deigns.
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 1:34:22 PM
Love these new leggings. My abstract paintings look great on them!
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 2:16:47 PM
tjustleft wrote:
Can we have the option to design one side at a time? The ability to fill one side then mirror would make it easier to use any legging images we may already have and make smaller uploads for those with slow or limited band width. Also it would make placement easier on some deigns.

Did you watch the video? It is worth a look.

I was surprised that the seams were on inside ONLY.
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 2:35:51 PM
Full print leggings, Zazzle Rocks!!! Idea
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 2:39:30 PM
I love the new leggings. I can't seem to get a nice seem lineup in front and back when tiling images. If I get the back to look nice, The front won't look good, and vice versa. Would love the possibility to design each section at a time added to it.
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 2:51:39 PM
BKMuir wrote:
tjustleft wrote:

Did you watch the video? It is worth a look.

I was surprised that the seams were on inside ONLY.

Oh yes I watched and even re-watched a couple of times in case I missed anything Smile. I see we can tile but that only helps with seamless patterns. We can place two images and use the center marks to line them up but that will leave a weird overlap at the middle.

Not trying to be fussy but I'm worried that the dimensions mentioned in the video are way too small. I checked with a pixel to inches calculator and found that 2500px by 1600px is 8.33 x 5.33 inches @ 300 dpi and 16.67 x 10.67 inches @ 150 dpi. That would be around infant and toddler sizes. The maker's site shows 3325x6358 @ 150dpi (that's per side" which comes out to 22.17" x 42.39" which might even be too small for XL.
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 3:04:42 PM
As a runner, I am thrilled with the new leggings - with NO cotton!! YAY!! Happy
Any chance they will also come in capri and shorts lengths as well? I've been a busy bee ever since the announcement came out!
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 4:24:07 PM
Fabulous leggings! I already added a bunch. Thank you so much Zazzle!! Love Roses Love
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 5:01:50 PM
Can you add a link for showing off your legging designs? It's so easy to reference if it's under the announcement thread.
Thanks for the leggings, and I was happy to see that it's a Canadian maker in Montreal!
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:15:08 PM
Christine wrote:
Happy to see all the excitement for this!

colorwash - Thanks for the feedback and suggestion!

ForestWildlife - We will include this in our official new products announcement tomorrow, which will have our usual Show Me thread. We just wanted to share the good news ahead of time so you can start designing and playing with the design tools for this new product. Plus get some feedback too!

If you open a Show Me thread for the leggings, could you possibly merge the two that are in the Show Me forum now, and any others that crop up, ya know, to keep down the clutter?
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:49:59 PM
If there could be a curvier and heavier model, wearing these Leggings that would be great Idea
Posted: Friday, September 9, 2016 2:27:56 AM
Please correct the spelling mistake on the product description. First paragraph, last line - every "square" inch.
Thanks!
Posted: Friday, September 9, 2016 2:28:16 AM
Since you guys are now working with Art Of Where it would be cool to see dresses and skirts from them here as well Grin

I bought a skirt from them and love it!
Posted: Friday, September 9, 2016 4:23:53 AM
So happy!!! And yes please, skirts and dresses from there too!!! And shorts!!! Lol
Posted: Friday, September 9, 2016 7:45:47 AM
LushSpiderArts wrote:
Since you guys are now working with Art Of Where it would be cool to see dresses and skirts from them here as well Grin

I bought a skirt from them and love it!

Yup!I've had a shop there for years. I would love to see the flare dresses and pencil cases and beanies here Happy

Love
Posted: Friday, September 9, 2016 9:56:49 AM
Thanks! One quick question that I might be missing. Just where are the seams. Someone said on the inside, but I guess I'm trying to figure out if they're along the center of the front and rear or down the sides, so I don't put wording at the wrong place.

Posted: Friday, September 9, 2016 10:16:17 AM
teepossible wrote:
Thanks! One quick question that I might be missing. Just where are the seams. Someone said on the inside, but I guess I'm trying to figure out if they're along the center of the front and rear or down the sides, so I don't put wording at the wrong place.

I figured out where the seam is (inside of legs) by looking at the enlarged view. The art view is pretty much impossible for me to figure out any kind of placement right now (probably have to get used to it), so I've been placing an image in it, then checking the result on the model. In any case, since you probably don't want text on the inside, you shouldn't have any worries.
Posted: Friday, September 9, 2016 10:21:35 AM
Thanks, Color. Just couldn't quite figure out when they're seaming them together, where any overlap of wording would be. Still a bit confused. If we put words along top of back, will that be okay? Seems with what you're saying that it will be. Any thoughts?