Is there no way to sell blank ANY OCCASION 5 x 7 portrait, not landscape, cards with my design on fr
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 1:03:11 AM
Ok, so there is no way to sell a blank, no special occasion, PORTRAIT 5 x 7 card with a design on the front?? You know, just so that someone can buy a card with a design on the front that they like but blank on the inside so they can use them for any occasion and just pen in their own message and are not just confined to use them only as a thank you cards or a happy birthday cards?? Just a very common and popular way of buying or selling blank cards?

I realize I could just pick a card in the "thank you" card category and leave it blank with no message, but there's the little problem of Zazzle tagging onto the description line, "Thank You Card". Meaning, only people looking for Thank you cards will find it...

Maybe I am wrong, but I have tried a dozen different ways, seems you might be able to do it with a landscape 5 x 7 card, just not a portrait one!

Anyone know of a way to sell just a generic "greeting card"?

Thanks!
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 1:27:57 AM
Take that one, it's the neutral greeting card product variant. Shows also the 1-card quantity and price as default on the product page, not the bulk prices specialty cards depict.

https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-zazzle_foldedgreetingcard

Tested it and works perfectly. Try it out for yourself on a test card.

Edit: set the orientation to Vertical to get it in portrait mode (you find this option right under the paper choice) and choose the desired card size.
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 5:37:55 AM
Quote:
PetsDreamlands wrote:

Take that one, it's the neutral greeting card product variant. Shows also the 1-card quantity and price as default on the product page, not the bulk prices specialty cards depict.

https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-zazzle_foldedgreetingcard

Tested it and works perfectly. Try it out for yourself on a test card.

Edit: set the orientation to Vertical to get it in portrait mode (you find this option right under the paper choice) and choose the desired card size.

That is one of the few cards I've encountered that doesn't have the "orientation" choice in the design tool where we've come to expect it. Mods, take note.
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 4:53:34 PM
Oh thank you so much! I missed the orientation section! Thank you so much! I just couldn't imagine them not having a blank greeting card that was portrait! Thanks for your help!

Danna
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:21:27 AM
Hi all, seems like everything is working as expected here. I'm happy to forward your concern about the design placement option in the design too too. Thanks Smile
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 12:37:36 AM
Okay, so THAT worked.. but now I can't seem to find the same option for 8.5 x 11 cardstock.. I REALLY, REALLY wish that the listing of items were a twee bit more user friendly, or at least partially obvious. I have been selling on different sites for years now, just recently thought I'd give Zazzle a go as well, but I have to be honest.. the way of listing items seems, well, just harder than it needs to be... But I WILL figure this all out, I WILL!! LOL
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 1:03:26 AM
... for that matter, where is the 80 lb cardstock in the products to sell? I see others selling it as "scrapbook paper," but if I try to find blank "scrapbook paper," in the products area to sell, only normal 110 lb paper comes up blank.. then goes right into photo paper.

So then I type in "cardstock" but only blank menus come up???

So then I tried going to someone else's landscape cardstock and tried to customize and change to my image, thinking like with other products I could change the image and then click, "sell it," but that option doesn't show up!

Seriously, I don't know why listing items on zazzle can't be a bit more straightforward, or maybe it's just me... but I have seen other comments on the forum about this issue, so maybe it's not just me.

But, I don't mean to be a negative Debbie Downer, sorry, just frustrated because it is taking me a lot longer to get items listed than I anticipated.

Thanks again so much for help!! Grin
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 1:13:05 AM
Danna Hayes wrote:
Okay, so THAT worked.. but now I can't seem to find the same option for 8.5 x 11 cardstock.. I REALLY, REALLY wish that the listing of items were a twee bit more user friendly, or at least partially obvious. I have been selling on different sites for years now, just recently thought I'd give Zazzle a go as well, but I have to be honest.. the way of listing items seems, well, just harder than it needs to be... But I WILL figure this all out, I WILL!! LOL

The greeting card I linked to has 3 different sizes, 4x5.6, 5x7 and 8.5x11", selectable on the right before the card type (as the orientation). You can offer all 3 size options, so shoppers can select their favorite size, or you can limit the card size choice by selecting the appropriate publishing option.

If you design for all 3 sizes, make sure your background images (if any) fit the 8.5x11 size at 300 dpi/ppi, what is 2550x3300 pixel at optimal resolution. This works well on the smaller sizes as well (they have a different aspect ratio, though).

I agree with you, the paperware is a tiny little bit ... confusing.
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 1:37:25 PM
Hi! Thank you for your response, you are so helpful!! But I didn't explain myself in my last post too well. So I got greeting cards figured out, thank you, thank you, thank you!! But this time I was asking about cardstock.. or 80 lb paper. So, I found listings like this one, for instance...

https://www.zazzle.com/vintage_flourish_old_journal_paper-256535420959427482

I am trying to do something similar, (I have been selling "junk journal" kits on other sites, so I found this seller on Zazzle that is doing something similar to what I had in mind.) In this listing she has 80 lb paper, or "cardstock" which I found by searching for "scrapbook paper." But I can't find how to list this in landscape like she has done here. When I try just going to the product below her listing & clicking "create your own," it comes up but only in portrait orientation...

https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-zazzle_flatpapersheet?style=8.5x11&media=textmatte&printquality=4color&envelopes=none

...and unless I am blinder (is that a word? more blind? hmmm..) than I thought, I don't see anywhere in size or paper type to change to landscape.. and even odder than that, at least to me, is when I DO click on "compare papers," only 110 lb is shown, though the listing is clearly for 80 lb paper.. ?????

So I thought maybe I could find an empty listing for the same thing already in landscape mode, Idea but that became even more paradoxical because if it weren't for the fact that I see that people HAVE listed 80 lb cardstock pages in landscape mode, I would think it didn't exist on Zazzle...

When I search for "cardstock" only menus show up (and good to know if I ever want to list a menu, that they DO offer THAT in "horizontal" orientation, figures, lol)...

https://www.zazzle.com/s/cardstock

When I search for "scrapbook paper" the only blank items that comes up is 110 lb paper and then photo paper...

https://www.zazzle.com/s/scrapbook+paper

when I try either after choosing to create new product from my store front, then using the search box for "cardstock," comes up empty. Tried "card stock" and only greeting cards. When I try "scrapbook paper," only the 110 lb comes up.

I also tried finding it going through the product "tree" starting at Craft supplies, to scrapbook supplies, but only 110 lb paper shows up.

I'm thinking at this point, maybe this Stationary Designs person has a special contract with the Zazzle gods, Sad but this search shows a whole load of people who are way smarter than me, because they've all figured it out, too!! Shocked

https://www.zazzle.com/s/scrapbook+paper?dp=252603786391793445&q=scrapbook+paper&sgsc=scrapbook%3apaper&f_poa2=162540802337446311

Feels a little like Twilight Zone.. you know, I see that the product does exist because other lucky souls have figured it out and listed on 80 lb cardstock in landscape orientation, yet there is no path to get to it, it seems... [insert creepy twilight zone song]

So, ya... just want to list something on 80 lb paper in landscape mode Crying

LOL

Thanks again for helping!!!

Danna
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 9:47:09 PM
Danna Hayes wrote:
Hi! Thank you for your response, you are so helpful!! But I didn't explain myself in my last post too well. So I got greeting cards figured out, thank you, thank you, thank you!! But this time I was asking about cardstock.. or 80 lb paper. So, I found listings like this one, for instance...

https://www.zazzle.com/vintage_flourish_old_journal_paper-256535420959427482

I am trying to do something similar, (I have been selling "junk journal" kits on other sites, so I found this seller on Zazzle that is doing something similar to what I had in mind.) In this listing she has 80 lb paper, or "cardstock" which I found by searching for "scrapbook paper." But I can't find how to list this in landscape like she has done here. When I try just going to the product below her listing & clicking "create your own," it comes up but only in portrait orientation...

https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-zazzle_flatpapersheet?style=8.5x11&media=textmatte&printquality=4color&envelopes=none

...and unless I am blinder (is that a word? more blind? hmmm..) than I thought, I don't see anywhere in size or paper type to change to landscape.. and even odder than that, at least to me, is when I DO click on "compare papers," only 110 lb is shown, though the listing is clearly for 80 lb paper.. ?????

So I thought maybe I could find an empty listing for the same thing already in landscape mode, Idea but that became even more paradoxical because if it weren't for the fact that I see that people HAVE listed 80 lb cardstock pages in landscape mode, I would think it didn't exist on Zazzle...

When I search for "cardstock" only menus show up (and good to know if I ever want to list a menu, that they DO offer THAT in "horizontal" orientation, figures, lol)...

https://www.zazzle.com/s/cardstock

When I search for "scrapbook paper" the only blank items that comes up is 110 lb paper and then photo paper...

https://www.zazzle.com/s/scrapbook+paper

when I try either after choosing to create new product from my store front, then using the search box for "cardstock," comes up empty. Tried "card stock" and only greeting cards. When I try "scrapbook paper," only the 110 lb comes up.

I also tried finding it going through the product "tree" starting at Craft supplies, to scrapbook supplies, but only 110 lb paper shows up.

I'm thinking at this point, maybe this Stationary Designs person has a special contract with the Zazzle gods, Sad but this search shows a whole load of people who are way smarter than me, because they've all figured it out, too!! Shocked

https://www.zazzle.com/s/scrapbook+paper?dp=252603786391793445&q=scrapbook+paper&sgsc=scrapbook%3apaper&f_poa2=162540802337446311

Feels a little like Twilight Zone.. you know, I see that the product does exist because other lucky souls have figured it out and listed on 80 lb cardstock in landscape orientation, yet there is no path to get to it, it seems... [insert creepy twilight zone song]

So, ya... just want to list something on 80 lb paper in landscape mode Crying

LOL

Thanks again for helping!!!

Danna

Hi Danna, when you go here Create your own Paper Sheet click on "Add Image" or "Add Text" it opens the "Design Tool".
In the "Design Tool" click on "Layers" when you see the layers click on "Design Placement" then look to the right :-) there you can change it from "Front Vertical" into "Front Horizontal"

Success!

Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 11:30:46 PM
For writing paper/stationery use that paper sheet product:

https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-zazzle_flatpapersheet

3 different sizes included US letter size, various paper types, can be printed front and back and no minimum orders required so you can even purchase one single sheet.

There are also letterhead paper and stationery paper, but they aren't that versatile as the paper sheets and are similar in price.
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2019 4:33:36 PM
Hi Danna, when you go here Create your own Paper Sheet click on "Add Image" or "Add Text" it opens the "Design Tool".
In the "Design Tool" click on "Layers" when you see the layers click on "Design Placement" then look to the right :-) there you can change it from "Front Vertical" into "Front Horizontal"

Success!

[/quote]

THANK YOU!! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I actually just found the little booger while posting a postcard because it had the layer tab open when I opened it up and I saw, right there in front of my silly face "Design Placement" and thought, "could it be???" and sure enough!! LOL

And lo and behold, it's actually there for the 80 lb paper as well! Imagine that!! haha.. It is just because I always had my image tab up and hadn't needed to bother with layers too much yet.

So thank you so much for your help and everyone who responded. So kind, thank you all!!
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2019 5:04:05 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
For writing paper/stationery use that paper sheet product:

https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-zazzle_flatpapersheet

3 different sizes included US letter size, various paper types, can be printed front and back and no minimum orders required so you can even purchase one single sheet.

There are also letterhead paper and stationery paper, but they aren't that versatile as the paper sheets and are similar in price.

Hi, thank you so much for your help. This is the sheet that I kept finding, but it was the 110 lb, not 80 lb. But, found the "Design Placement" in the layers tab YAY!! (hadn't needed to mess with layers too much yet, so this is why I didn't see it before...) So, I went to the listing that I found that used 80 lb paper and scrolled down to "create your own". Not sure how to find it any other way at this point.. I'll probably stumble across it at some point. LOL

Thanks again, you have been very kind! Have a wonderful day!
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2019 11:15:15 PM
Danna Hayes wrote:
Hi, thank you so much for your help. This is the sheet that I kept finding, but it was the 110 lb, not 80 lb. But, found the "Design Placement" in the layers tab YAY!! (hadn't needed to mess with layers too much yet, so this is why I didn't see it before...) So, I went to the listing that I found that used 80 lb paper and scrolled down to "create your own". Not sure how to find it any other way at this point.. I'll probably stumble across it at some point. LOL

Thanks again, you have been very kind! Have a wonderful day!

The matte and recycled (and satin, but that's more for flyers, not suited for writing paper) paper choices are 80lb ones. Welcome and thanks!
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:36:13 AM
Hi all,

Just moving this to create as it's not a tech issue Smile