Help - Is there anywhere on Zazzle with a list of product print size demensions?
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 6:36:46 AM
I have been looking but don't seem to be able to find what I'm looking for.

Is there a list anywhere with the different dimensions for each zazzle product? If I wanted to create an image for a coffee cup versus t-shirt of a pillow case, how do I learn what size image I need for each product I create?

I have been designing everything at 300 dpi but if I create a design say for a t-shirt, it will not work on a phone case. If I create for a phone case, that image will not fit a laptop sleeve.

I'm trying to locate a design guide or something that lets me know the design image size best suited for each product. Is there such a reference?

Thank you for your assistance.
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 7:14:36 AM
There used to be such a thing, but unless it's merely been hidden as opposed to deleted, it's no longer available. Regardless, if an image is square because that's how it looks best, don't use it on a phone. Not every image will or even can be used on every product.

You could check all the blanks for products you're interested in making and take note of the dimensions given in the description, thus creating your own list.
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 7:19:23 AM
Colorwash, thank you. I have sort of thought I may have to do that. Take the time to look at ech product and jot down dimensions.
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:55:29 PM
I also could not find the old page they used to have, but I do know that 3200x4400 or vice versa is the perfect aspect ratio for greeting cards. Large things like duvets need something like 13500x11462 if you don't want to have to tile them...and that is for King size. I use the 3200x4400 ratio for most everything here at Z and it works most of the time. If I need a bit bigger I will go 3600x5400 or 4020x6090 and then scale down unless I need a square which are easy. But bigger is better as far as resolution goes. I hope that helps a little. ( I also set the print size to 300 dpi for everything.) I have heard it doesn't matter and that may be, but it has been working for me so why take any chances by changing? and I use .jpg for the large sizes because .png just get way too big! a 13500x11462 .png will be anywhere from 100 MB to 300 MB depending on the graphics.
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2017 8:35:42 PM
This is what I miss a great deal. They need to have templets for all of their products with dimensions in both inches and dpi (150-300). Many of my designs don't fit in a cute little square or other shape that lends itself nicely to all products. Also the recommended dpi depending on the surface of the product would be good, especially for the neophyte not used to such things. Just my two cents worth as the potential product list keeps getting longer along with our problems and their possible solutions as we all try and make a few bucks.
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2017 3:55:13 AM
bizarredogstudio wrote:
Also the recommended dpi depending on the surface of the product would be good, especially for the neophyte not used to such things.

Recommendations are always the minimum, and if you double or triple or whatever, it won't cause any harm at all. Go with 300ppi across the board, and you'll be fine.
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2017 1:38:17 PM
There are other POD sites that require you to upload several different sized versions of one image.

This is not the case here. We have the ability to size our image right to the product.

Most find a 6000x6000 size to be adequate for most products on this site. Some larger products may need adjusting, but the majority of the products here will fit this size image.

I tend to work with 3000x3000ish with my designs, and find no real hangups.