Goddess sized t-shirts and tops
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 10:38:58 AM
I've had people ask me if any of my designs are available in "Goddess size" t-shirts, etc. The Women's Bella+Canvas Flowy Circle Top was the closet I could find, but I was told it's Queen, not Goddess, sized.

Do we have something for women that would suit this size? If not,has this been suggested before?

(When I searched for product or topic in here, all I got were Goddess designs, not sizes.)

Seems like a good idea to me.

Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 4:47:44 AM
DownMemoryLane wrote:
I've had people ask me if any of my designs are available in "Goddess size" t-shirts, etc. The Women's Bella+Canvas Flowy Circle Top was the closet I could find, but I was told it's Queen, not Goddess, sized.

Do we have something for women that would suit this size? If not,has this been suggested before?

(When I searched for product or topic in here, all I got were Goddess designs, not sizes.)

Seems like a good idea to me.

I always thought that goddess sizing was only for bras, lingerie and swimsuits.
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 5:49:49 AM
I've never heard of it.
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 12:07:44 PM
What is goddess size? I haven't ever heard the term either.
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 7:46:51 PM
I believe its a euphemism for Plus sized clothing - beyond XXL or 2x size t-shirts for women.

Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 12:07:03 PM
DownMemoryLane wrote:
I believe its a euphemism for Plus sized clothing - beyond XXL or 2x size t-shirts for women.

ok, thanks!
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:50:36 AM
whether you call it "goddess" size or plus-sized or anything else, this is a huge market that Zazzle has been ignoring for some reason or another. Statistically, more than half of all people in the US are substantially overweight (including children) and the rapid rise of the number of Plus-Size stores (online & brick) and increased attention of name-brand designers to this market is no coincidence. It is no longer the 1950's - 1990's when the only options for the plump were maternity clothes (which looked more like they were made for children than their mothers), mumus, or tents. Just because someone is "big" does not mean they don't appreciate style and choice.

IMHO, Zazzle should act quickly to expand their range of sizes (and range of styles in the plus-size products) else they'll continue to fall behind the curve and loose a very bankable market. And along with such additions should be a strong Zazzle marketing effort to make consumers aware of what would be a much appreciated new resource.
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:46:55 AM
IconDoIt wrote:
IMHO, Zazzle should act quickly to expand their range of sizes (and range of styles in the plus-size products) else they'll continue to fall behind the curve and loose a very bankable market. And along with such additions should be a strong Zazzle marketing effort to make consumers aware of what would be a much appreciated new resource.

Good point. Especially now large retail stores now are also advertising with plus size models. And recently I read an article about this issue, stating that retailers selling plus size clothing are beating out their competitors.

Here's a snippet I found in another article about this subject:

A 2013 survey conducted by PLUS Model Magazine found that a whopping 91.4 percent of respondents would prefer to see plus-size models larger than a size 12 in ads and magazines, and 94.8 percent of women said they don’t consider sizes 6, 8 and 10 models to be representative of the plus-size market.

In short, plus-size shoppers want to see women who reflect them: 38.1 percent of respondents were a size 16-18 and 35.5 percent were a size 20-24. Only 16.7 percent said they’re a size 12-14. According to a 2011 Women’s Wear Daily report, the average dress size among American women is a 14.

Yes, this article is about what type of models plus-size shoppers want to see, but that means their is an enormous market for plus-size clothing. And that was about a survey back in 2013. I assume now in 2017 there is even a bigger demand for large size apparel. So providing plus size apparel would very well be a huge success on Zazzle and result in many MANY sales, apart from a totally new customer audience that rather shops online than go to a brick-and-mortar store. Which, when finding Zazzle for apparel, also will become purchasers of other products. If Zazzle jumps on this bandwagon, it could result in an enormous domino effect. Those potential customers have friends/family with the same size related issues, and they have kids who go to school and need back packs, note books, lunch boxes, tumblers, and what not!