Gallery Wrap Official Tips & Tricks Thread 2 pages: [1] 2
Christine
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2017 2:36:32 PM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

Joined: 6/30/2015
Posts: 2,788
Hi everyone!

Here is the place for you to share all of your tips and tricks for designing our brand new Gallery Wrap.



Get all the details about this product in the new product thread.

To show off your new designs on this product, pop over here.

Happy designing!

Best,
Christine
northwestphotos
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2017 5:12:49 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/19/2009
Posts: 937
Location: Tacoma
What kind of glossy finish does this product have, if any? Medium? High?
TinkerM
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2017 6:12:05 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/23/2007
Posts: 6,191
Location: BROOKINGS
Please ad this option , size, aspect ratio to these. Thank you
Ed Simoneit
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 5:31:21 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 10/17/2005
Posts: 9
Location: Chicago
Images appear dull, not vivid?
TinkerM
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 8:13:53 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/23/2007
Posts: 6,191
Location: BROOKINGS
Ed Simoneit wrote:
Images appear dull, not vivid?
I was just getting ready to post this, thought it was the angle of my laptop but went to my PC and yes they are not as bright as maybe they could be.

TheClothesCloset
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 9:04:59 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 9/10/2013
Posts: 1,085
I don't get what these are for? What use?
colorwash
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 9:09:00 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/27/2014
Posts: 10,669
Location: East Greenbush
A lot of people like the modern look of a frameless photo hung on the wall (I know I do), so I'm assuming that's what this is.
TheClothesCloset
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 9:59:29 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 9/10/2013
Posts: 1,085
A larger skinny photo blockLaughing
BKMuir
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 12:32:32 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 5/19/2010
Posts: 12,313
Location: Vallejo
I'd like to see some close up shots of finished product - especially the corners.

I can't see how paper will easily wrap around a board, there will be possibility of wrinkles and the corner overlapping might be less than neat/clean.
colorwash
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 1:02:22 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/27/2014
Posts: 10,669
Location: East Greenbush
northwestphotos
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 2:29:22 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/19/2009
Posts: 937
Location: Tacoma
colorwash wrote:


Their webpage states that they offer a few different types of photographic paper. It would be nice to know which photo paper Zazzle's product will have. It doesn't say in the product description.
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 3:40:37 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/12/2015
Posts: 2,220
Location: El Reno
TheClothesCloset wrote:
A larger skinny photo blockLaughing


I think they are more like a smaller less expensive and thinner canvas wrap over wood frame, whereas a photo block is usually a thick block of clear Acrylic, with the print on the back somehow...not sure how they do that bc I have never seen one "in person"
stanrail
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 6:14:25 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/11/2008
Posts: 45
Location: Philadelphia
Does this replace any other products ? Like Woodsnap Prints.
IconDoIt
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 1:21:40 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 5/26/2010
Posts: 1,364
Location: Cleveland
CHRISTINE-

Does this replace the Gallery Wrapped Canvas we've been using for years?

If so, will our products be migrated?

And how will our "old"/existing wrapped canvas products be handled if they do not fit the new sizes?

I would hate to lose legacy views & sales if we need to modify our designs due to different ratio requirements or if migrated products are messed up (which could very well happen if a print was originally composed with layers that intentionally extended out of the design area or designed for a specific thickness.

Is there any benefit to the customer for this new products vs. the "old" gallery wrapped canvases?

- Leslie
colorwash
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 4:09:25 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/27/2014
Posts: 10,669
Location: East Greenbush
There may be confusion arising from the fact that, in the framing world--and ours too--canvas wrap and gallery wrap are two ways of indicating the same thing: canvas wrapped around the edges of a frame. In this case, however, though canvas isn't used, the method is definitely used. I guess it's "gallery" because "canvas" would be incorrect. To be right on the money, I suppose "photo wrap" might be closer.

I'm also wondering if the gallery wrap will end up replacing the canvas wraps we currently have. For one thing, these gallery wraps are about half the price of the canvas wraps.
IconDoIt
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 5:14:02 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 5/26/2010
Posts: 1,364
Location: Cleveland
colorwash wrote:
There may be confusion arising from the fact that, in the framing world--and ours too--canvas wrap and gallery wrap are two ways of indicating the same thing: canvas wrapped around the edges of a frame. In this case, however, though canvas isn't used, the method is definitely used. I guess it's "gallery" because "canvas" would be incorrect. To be right on the money, I suppose "photo wrap" might be closer.

I'm also wondering if the gallery wrap will end up replacing the canvas wraps we currently have. For one thing, these gallery wraps are about half the price of the canvas wraps.


@Colorwash - I followed the link listed for the Maker's website and found that they offered both a "Print Wrap" (which specifies it's on Kodak Photo paper) and a "Gallery Wrap" (which specifies it's on canvas). Since the design tool on Zazzle calls the product a "Gallery Wrap", what makes you think that Zazzle is selling the Maker's "Print Wrap"? (I'm so confused!)

EDIT: I just re-read the "New Product" post for this item and it DOES state that the product is a "photographic print" - but does NOT specify that the print is on "Kodak photo paper". Since our images (whether from photography or photoshop, etc.) can all be defined as "photographic prints" regardless of the actual surface/material it's printed on, I am hoping that @Christine will clarify this for us.
colorwash
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 5:38:11 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/27/2014
Posts: 10,669
Location: East Greenbush
+1 to getting more info on this, though I'm willing to bet that the lower price indicates it's not canvas, which is inherently more expensive.
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 5:21:06 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/12/2015
Posts: 2,220
Location: El Reno
colorwash wrote:
+1 to getting more info on this, though I'm willing to bet that the lower price indicates it's not canvas, which is inherently more expensive.


Other companies say they have two options, canvas or photopaper bonded to canvas. wonder if that applies here?


Edit: I was also wondering if the preview is true to life bc they do look washed out.
Anne
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 1:10:54 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 1/9/2008
Posts: 300
I don't see what the extra space is that will fall off to the sides? Like the front is for instance 12x12 and then we need to design for how much extra for the sides? 14x14?
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 9:01:02 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/12/2015
Posts: 2,220
Location: El Reno
Anne wrote:
I don't see what the extra space is that will fall off to the sides? Like the front is for instance 12x12 and then we need to design for how much extra for the sides? 14x14?


It looks like an inch but they really should specify!

Or you could add a colored border that the customer can change to their own favorite color. I did that with one of my designs that was just half a click too small to fill the template and it looks pretty good that way plus since I did not make my design a template it adds some personalization to the product.
northwestphotos
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 9:15:29 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/19/2009
Posts: 937
Location: Tacoma
The sides are 1 inch wide. The description of the product states this with the dimensions. So any image you want to show on the face of the product should fall within the dotted lines of the template. Anything else outside the dotted lines will be part of the 1 inch sides.
Anne
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 1:50:37 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 1/9/2008
Posts: 300
Thanks northwestphotos and Shellibean_on_Zazzle.
I would indeed be nice to have options for the sides, like a blur or something ...
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:29:45 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/12/2015
Posts: 2,220
Location: El Reno
Anne wrote:
Thanks northwestphotos and Shellibean_on_Zazzle.
I would indeed be nice to have options for the sides, like a blur or something ...


You're welcome and the blur is a great idea I think you should request it in the feedback and suggestions forum!
colorwash
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:37:05 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/27/2014
Posts: 10,669
Location: East Greenbush
Anne wrote:
...options for the sides, like a blur or something ...

I imagine that would raise the price due to extra processing. Also, and unless everything were placed properly down to the millimeter, you might end up with a bit of blur (or solid color or whatever) on the front surface or a bit of the photo lapping over the edge.
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 12:16:01 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/12/2015
Posts: 2,220
Location: El Reno
colorwash wrote:
Anne wrote:
...options for the sides, like a blur or something ...

I imagine that would raise the price due to extra processing. Also, and unless everything were placed properly down to the millimeter, you might end up with a bit of blur (or solid color or whatever) on the front surface or a bit of the photo lapping over the edge.


Yeah this one
https://www.zazzle.com/pretty_oklahoma_country_autumn_nature_art_photo_gallery_wrap-256387609950498252

I did with a border I let some of the background color show on the front and the rest is on the sides and I kinda liked the way it looked so I published it. I was thinking maybe a blur or vignette option in the design tool in general, not only for this product... I should have been specific.
colorwash
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 12:55:05 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/27/2014
Posts: 10,669
Location: East Greenbush
Shellibean_on_zazzle wrote:
colorwash wrote:
Anne wrote:
...options for the sides, like a blur or something ...

I imagine that would raise the price due to extra processing. Also, and unless everything were placed properly down to the millimeter, you might end up with a bit of blur (or solid color or whatever) on the front surface or a bit of the photo lapping over the edge.


Yeah this one
https://www.zazzle.com/pretty_oklahoma_country_autumn_nature_art_photo_gallery_wrap-256387609950498252

I did with a border I let some of the background color show on the front and the rest is on the sides and I kinda liked the way it looked so I published it. I was thinking maybe a blur or vignette option in the design tool in general, not only for this product... I should have been specific.

Indeed, that's a good way of doing it, and in particular it's good because the designer controls it. I've done that kind of thing, and it does work well just as your design proves. (Nice one!)
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 1:18:56 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/12/2015
Posts: 2,220
Location: El Reno
colorwash wrote:
Shellibean_on_zazzle wrote:
colorwash wrote:
Anne wrote:
...options for the sides, like a blur or something ...

I imagine that would raise the price due to extra processing. Also, and unless everything were placed properly down to the millimeter, you might end up with a bit of blur (or solid color or whatever) on the front surface or a bit of the photo lapping over the edge.


Yeah this one
https://www.zazzle.com/pretty_oklahoma_country_autumn_nature_art_photo_gallery_wrap-256387609950498252

I did with a border I let some of the background color show on the front and the rest is on the sides and I kinda liked the way it looked so I published it. I was thinking maybe a blur or vignette option in the design tool in general, not only for this product... I should have been specific.

Indeed, that's a good way of doing it, and in particular it's good because the designer controls it. I've done that kind of thing, and it does work well just as your design proves. (Nice one!)


aw shucks! thank you!Roses
northwestphotos
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 10:33:34 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/19/2009
Posts: 937
Location: Tacoma
Christine...can you tell us what type of photo processing paper is used for this product, please? The manufacturer's home page says that there are a few different types of photo paper used. One is a Lustre paper and another is a metallic finish photo paper. Which one will be available on the Zazzle product? Perhaps this info should be included in the product description?
Christine
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 11:28:23 AM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

Joined: 6/30/2015
Posts: 2,788
Hi all - I know you guys have a lot of questions and I want to make sure we're getting the correct info for you! Will post back once we get those answers. Thank you for your patience!
Christine
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 10:37:47 AM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

Joined: 6/30/2015
Posts: 2,788
Hi everyone,

We are working to update the product page with all the relevant information. In the meantime, we hope these answers your questions...

northwestphotos wrote:
What kind of glossy finish does this product have, if any? Medium? High?

UV laminated surface leaves the product durable and scratch resistant (you can even wipe it clean with a damp cloth!).

Anne wrote:
I don't see what the extra space is that will fall off to the sides? Like the front is for instance 12x12 and then we need to design for how much extra for the sides? 14x14?



Ed Simoneit wrote:
Images appear dull, not vivid?

This is a bug, and currently looking into it. It actually has a very nice sheen to it. We have certainly fallen in L-O-V-E with the vivid colors and sleek construction that is a Professional Print Wrap

IconDoIt wrote:
Does this replace the Gallery Wrapped Canvas we've been using for years?

If so, will our products be migrated?

No. these are a completely different product. Nothing will be migrated.

northwestphotos wrote:
Christine...can you tell us what type of photo processing paper is used for this product, please?

Professional Print Wraps are made from Kodak Endura Metallic photographic paper which is wrapped around wood and manufactured to perfection.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded