Frisbee Official Tips & Tricks Thread
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 1:49:28 PM
Hi everyone!

Here is the place for you to share all of your tips and tricks for designing our brand new frisbees.

Get all the details about this product in the new product thread.

To show off your new designs on this product, pop over here.

Happy designing!

Best,
Christine
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 2:42:13 PM
Yay! Frisbees are here! Fun!
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 4:38:56 PM
I thought Frisbee was a trademark.

On Wikipedia I see: "The term frisbee, often used to generically describe all flying discs, is a registered trademark of the Wham-O toy company. Though such use is not encouraged by the company, the common use of the name as a generic term has put the trademark in jeopardy; accordingly, many "Frisbee" games are now known as "disc" games, like ultimate or disc golf."

Perhaps the term is safe now?
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 4:51:20 PM
The product description says these are Wham-O frisbees so that company must make the blanks for the maker.
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2017 11:04:30 AM
Will they always be Pre Order only?
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2017 12:20:09 PM
Was wondering if using the design tools,we choose a white background on the colored Frisbee's,if it would print out as white.For example the Frisbee below:

Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2017 1:47:34 PM
Mariah Roelfs wrote:

only until they come out on the marketplace. That is how iphone7 cases were too.
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2017 1:48:04 PM
merryperry wrote:
Was wondering if using the design tools,we choose a white background on the colored Frisbee's,if it would print out as white.For example the Frisbee below:

I also want to know and hope so!
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2017 2:41:27 AM
Shellibean_on_zazzle wrote:
Mariah Roelfs wrote:

only until they come out on the marketplace. That is how iphone7 cases were too.

Are they expecting a lot of sales then? Why the delay?
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2017 5:28:03 AM
Mariah Roelfs wrote:
Mariah Roelfs wrote:

I suspect there's no point in making a big splash with the product if there aren't yet enough designs to warrant it. Also, when a new product shows up, designers are very good at discovering glitches that can and should be fixed before the item goes public.
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2017 6:23:40 AM
Mariah Roelfs wrote:
Mariah Roelfs wrote:

I always assumed it was because the blanks have not been manufactured or are still in production and are not ready to print yet.
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:28:12 PM
So, they are giving us a chance to make products before the full release? That is a great idea!
Thanks.
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2017 2:58:42 PM
For the ultimate Frisbee players, will there ever be an option to buy multiple disks at once? A set of 10?
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2017 3:03:06 PM
Mariah Roelfs wrote:
For the ultimate Frisbee players, will there ever be an option to buy multiple disks at once? A set of 10?

In the dropdown for amount to be purchased they take 10% off the price for orders of 8 and 15% off the price for orders of 12. I am guessing orders of 10 would be 10% off.
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2017 4:04:42 PM
Susannah Keegan wrote:
Mariah Roelfs wrote:

In the dropdown for amount to be purchased they take 10% off the price for orders of 8 and 15% off the price for orders of 12. I am guessing orders of 10 would be 10% off.

for the coasters they sell a set, and you can create a set.
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 7:36:37 PM
Are these the 10" size? (Asking because I'm submitting one for an exhibition, and need to know the dimensions.)
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 3:38:51 AM
somethingartish wrote:
Are these the 10" size? (Asking because I'm submitting one for an exhibition, and need to know the dimensions.)

I did a quick lookup, and it appears the weight in grams is what's used in tournaments. The diameter wasn't given, but I bet it's also whatever is standard for tournaments.
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:14:19 AM
Colorwash wrote:
somethingartish wrote:

I did a quick lookup, and it appears the weight in grams is what's used in tournaments. The diameter wasn't given, but I bet it's also whatever is standard for tournaments.

Tournaments tend to also go by weight. This doesn't help me, since I need to tell the gallery the actual size of the item.
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:36:30 AM
I tried looking further into it and ended up concluding that Zazzle would have to answer the question because, online, the weights and diameters for Wham-O are all over the place.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 12:44:37 PM
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 12:46:01 PM
Does anybody sell these? just curious... I know I don't.Sad
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 7:19:17 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

Me neither, sadly. They're a great product in my view, so I hope someone is having good luck with them.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:28:16 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

I sold one. Also thought they would be great especially with pet pics.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:38:58 AM