Foil Favor Tag Official Tips & Tricks Thread
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 10:39:16 AM
Hi everyone!

Here is the place for you to share all of your tips and tricks for designing our brand new Foil Favor Tags!

Get all the details about this product in the new product thread here.

To show off your new designs on this product, pop over here.

Happy designing!

Best,
Z-Team
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 1:23:38 PM
Is it possible to get a front and back insitu on these? That would be amazing, thanks!

Also thank you for the product option restrictions already being in place on this new product! Roses
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:22:26 AM
Not sure if this is where I should mention this, but I'm not able to run the video that goes with this product.

I mean it's there on the left, but nothing is showing up in the product view. And nothing happens when I click on the video thumbnail on the left.

And yes, the other product views are alright.
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:49:51 AM
It would be great, if the foil would be applied additionally on top of a regular color print. Gold foil on white isn't really that eye-catching, but on red or black or a beautiful design it would shine. Applies also (and especially) to the foil cards. Imagine being able to create greeting and Holiday cards titled in gold or silver foil... maybe an idea for the future?
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 7:33:11 AM
The in-situ view with the jute ties looks great. Any chance we could get that as an option for our default merchandising preview?
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 9:01:44 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
It would be great, if the foil would be applied additionally on top of a regular color print.

Yes that would be great! The process we use for this foil application won't work on top of color print though. We are always experimenting with new processes so maybe in the future.... ;)
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 9:04:04 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Is it possible to get a front and back insitu on these? That would be amazing

Yes it sure would be amazing! It is not possible at this time though.
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 9:37:10 AM
James C wrote:
PetsDreamlands wrote:
It would be great, if the foil would be applied additionally on top of a regular color print.

Yes that would be great! The process we use for this foil application won't work on top of color print though. We are always experimenting with new processes so maybe in the future.... ;)

Definitely worth a thought, considering how you focus on weddings, greeting and business cards Smile
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 10:53:09 AM
James C wrote:
Is it possible to get a front and back insitu on these? That would be amazing

Yes it sure would be amazing! It is not possible at this time though.

Okay, thanks for the response, maybe later! Smile

For the record, I think any product that has double sided printing should have an insitu showing both sides like the business cards do. JMO
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:45:43 AM
For the record, I think any product that has double sided printing should have an insitu showing both sides like the business cards do. JMO

Yes! When you have distinctly different content on front & back it's very difficult to decide which side to pick for the default that will show in the marketplace.
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:49:04 PM
James C wrote:
PetsDreamlands wrote:

Maybe as a start offer foil print on black, royal blue and purpur as festive colors. Especially black paper I would highly appreciate.

Love Grin Love
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 3:28:31 PM
Yes vivendulies! ^
There has GOT to be a black paper that this foil technique works with!

Rose gold foil someday too? Grin

Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 3:31:06 PM
Is there a minimum stroke weight recommendation for these? - on vector or fonts?
It's already a small area so I'm curious at what point thin lines become impossible to see or that the foil doesn't pick up correctly?

Also - is it possible to get an option for a transparent fill on the shapes made with the shapes tool (and our own SVGs)?

Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 5:14:44 AM
Hi James

I think I am correct in saying - I hope this helps a few people also

There are two types foil favor tag to choose from?
1) foil both sides
2) foil front with the back otherside various options

Another question when you want to transfer a product to a favor tag, it doesn't find foil favor tag. You have to manually choose the one you want. Well, when I search it? or maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thanks

Phrosne Ras Design

Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 5:38:26 AM
Phrosne Ras wrote:
There are two types foil favor tag to choose from?
1) foil both sides
2) foil front with the back otherside various options

I don't think foil printing on the back is an option. I found it a little confusing myself so put right in my template text label that this side will be foil printed, this side won't (in other words, LOL).

Foil Favor Tag
Quote:
Print process:
Front: Metallic foil ink printing only, half-tone pattern
Back: Full color printing

Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:10:59 AM
Thanks for the info.
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:14:06 AM
Wow Zazzle the real foil dots under these tags in the MP is super wonderful!

Thanks for adding that! I really think it is going to make a difference!

Also: I am very happy with how fast they are showing up in searches! Thank you for that too!
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:58:52 AM
It looks like the video previews are including the bleed (but showing it inside the trimmed piece).
Meaning, the entire design area including the bleed is being scaled down and shown inside the final product dimensions and so what should be hiding out in the bleed area is being included in the previews - videos only.
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:55:54 PM
PaperGrape wrote:
It looks like the video previews are including the bleed (but showing it inside the trimmed piece).
Meaning, the entire design area including the bleed is being scaled down and shown inside the final product dimensions and so what should be hiding out in the bleed area is being included in the previews - videos only.

Thanks for catching it! Roses I'll report this.
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:22:59 AM
Just noticed the Kraft Real Foil Favor Tag preview video shows the artwork itty bitty compared to the actual size. Smile