Does anyone sell skateboards. Do they sell?
Posted: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:11:47 PM
I just started designing for Skateboards. For me I can make good quality designs for them pretty easy, even easier than a cell phone cover as there is no spot that is missing and I have a lot of old paintings and designs I can manipulate for skateboards.
But the question is does Zazzle sell that many skateboards. I see that there are about 400,000 skateboard designs on Zazzle. compared to 6.5 million T-shirt's. Not bad for a more select community.
But what worries me is the buyer comment section. sometimes it is at 25, other times its less and more but not to high. I don't get why it changes. But T-shirts seem to have 2000 or so comments from customers or so. I know that only a fraction of buyers will comment but just a worry,

Then again If they don't sell to many that doesn't mean I can't try to sell a bunch threw Zazzle. If the market is open and the waters are clear....
They seem to be the only print on demand site I found that sells skateboards so that is another thing they have going for in the skateboard market. But would still be easier if they had a large skateboard buying community.
Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 5:31:41 AM
when I very first got here and started my store I made one skate board to test the waters along with making a few of everything else available at the time. within a week of putting it up I sold one of the skateboards and was thrilled, since then I have never sold another one despite designing more of them on and off. Zazzle is a mysterious place where its sometimes very hard to figure out what will sell, when or why. Good Luck to you Followthedon hopefully your designs will sell many a board for you.
Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 5:51:31 AM
I sold one so far in all my years here. But then, it's the only designed one I have. I've been promoting it every once in a while, though.
Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 7:09:43 AM
I have 15 skateboard designs. I sell one of those designs on a regular basis, sometimes 2 at a time to the same person. The other 14 designs have sold one or two at the most.
Skateboards are not an area I focused on. I am too concerned where the trucks (wheels) are while creating a design so they take a while to get right.
Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 9:23:14 AM
Well from all your comments it does not seem hopeless. It seems like they sell. wonder if I call zazzle if they would give me their true numbers on sales and what truly sales vs the number of designs. May be something they won't give.
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 8:44:37 AM
I would be stunned if Zazzle shared that information with you, they seem very tight lipped about any sales numbers on specific items.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2018 10:52:49 AM
I have designed many boards for zazzle and not sold a single one
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2018 11:00:16 AM
I think I sold one a long time ago. The others have probably become hidden by now for lack of views.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2018 12:18:32 PM
Either I deleted all but two of my skateboards or the majority of them took off down the street on their own. I suspect I deleted them because they didn't sell for me.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2018 3:22:45 PM
No, I have never sold any.