Do designs for dark tees have to be aliased around the edge?
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:20:33 PM
I don't know if anything has changed since Zazzle updated their shirt printing, so I want to know, will the transparency of anti-aliased edges let the white ink show through? Does it make a difference if the file is an .AI vector?
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 5:53:15 AM
Dissolving a transparency into a halftone gives a better result, since dark shirts will have a white under-paint and 32 Bit transparency/opacity may result in light halos. However I don't know if Zazzle safeguards your creation by transforming any files with this kind of issues.

8-Bit PNGs result in a halftone raster as I understand it and I never had a problem with transparency or opacity on dark shirts.

...oh and I have aliasing for nicer edges active.
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 1:30:25 PM
Is aliasing for nicer edges a setting in Zazzle or your vector program?
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:06:50 PM
Kaz_Foxsens_Animals wrote:
Is aliasing for nicer edges a setting in Zazzle or your vector program?

My vectors don't need it, since they are vectors but when I export to PNG I check aliasing.

Recently however I enjoy the SVG and again it's vector and I don't need aliasing because vectors are always at their best and I can leave the aliasing to the printing software with the printing driver of professional printer which are most likely much better than what I have in my several years old vector program.