Custom Afridrilles - Questions / Design Tips 15 pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:30:30 PM
This is the first time I've been happy to get my email inbox blown up... Laughing
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:41:15 PM
So, mine all went through but they all have the Customize button and I know I turned off customization on all of them. I am 100% positive that I did. I am going to hide them all. What do I need to do now? And why did they go through like that?
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:51:18 PM
Jerry wrote:
So, mine all went through but they all have the Customize button and I know I turned off customization on all of them. I am 100% positive that I did. I am going to hide them all. What do I need to do now? And why did they go through like that?

Try logging out and see if it is still there.

Update: it was the same on mine when logged in but when logged out there is no customize button.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:58:36 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Update: it was the same on mine when logged in but when logged out there is no customize button.

I'll try that. I hid them so now I have to wait for them to unhide.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:59:58 PM
I have set up a nIFTTTy scheduler Pinterest board that is pulling from the marketplace RSS feed and promoting all these shoes. Just thought you would want to know.

Grin
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:03:59 PM
Jerry wrote:

You are correct. It only shows when I am logged in. Good to know.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:06:15 PM
Jerry wrote:
Jerry wrote:

You are correct. It only shows when I am logged in. Good to know.

Glad to help!Smile
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:06:55 PM
Folks check your new shoes. I had made sure to have my shoes not customizable yet they came through with the "customize" button.

Here is one I created today which I know I didn't screw up now published with the customize button.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:50:46 PM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
Folks check your new shoes. I had made sure to have my shoes not customizable yet they came through with the "customize" button.

Here is one I created today which I know I didn't screw up now published with the customize button.

I didn't see it. You are probably only seeing it due to it being yours and you are logged in *shrugs* I know I see it on my own when logged in, but I recall seeing it stated that any with customization on will be rejected.

Editing To Add:

I double checked. I logged out and checked mine and there is no customize button.

We will always see it on our own products, even if we chose to turn it off, as long as we are logged in.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:55:45 PM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:

have you looked at it while you are logged out? the customize button is there when logged in, but not when logged out.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:56:29 PM
sorry Gina, didn't see your post... Idea
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:01:08 PM
sorry Gina, didn't see your post... Idea

hehe Tis ok! It happens! Grin
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:14:21 PM

have you looked at it while you are logged out? the customize button is there when logged in, but not when logged out.

James might want to add this info to the news post. I have been here for awhile and didn't know this. But then, this is the first time I have ever ticked the no customization box.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:17:59 PM
Jerry wrote:

James might want to add this info to the news post. I have been here for awhile and didn't know this. But then, this is the first time I have ever ticked the no customization box.

Shocked You never knew that?
You are right, it should be added in to the info.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:19:49 PM
Dummy me: I forget to turn off customization on my footwear and every one of my designs was rejected. The only good news here is that I had only created about 30 designs to start with.

Just a heads up reminder for my fellow designers to be aware
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:24:53 PM
YES!!! I was so excited to get my email notification that my shoes were posted for sale!

I have 7 so far, and I'm about to submit two more. I didn't want to go more than that while everything was still pending, but now I can press forward. I can't wait to design more and get some collections going!
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:42:52 PM
Arrrrrrgh.....I'm so preconditioned to leave customization on that I did it
again on some that I was just resubmitting because they were rejected for just that reason. Gotta get off auto-pilot and start flying the plane!

On a happier note...it's great to see so many were processed today -- over 1400 in the MP now. And doubly happy that a note was included in our rejection emails to tell us why they were rejected. Sure saves playing guessing games about what the problem is.

And triply happy to see you're already on the promotion band wagon Shelli...way to go!
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:48:36 PM
Array Stores wrote:
again on some that I was just resubmitting because they were rejected for just that reason. Gotta get off auto-pilot and start flying the plane!

On a happier note...it's great to see so many were processed today -- over 1400 in the MP now. And doubly happy that a note was included in our rejection emails to tell us why they were rejected. Sure saves playing guessing games about what the problem is.

And triply happy to see you're already on the promotion band wagon Shelli...way to go!

Thanks! I was thinking ahead and trying to do something other than designing a thousand pairs to go into the que... Laughing so I did almost 50...Grin

I got that board up and running yesterday and also had a collection already waiting... I obviously was super jazzed about these!
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:17:11 PM
FINALLY got the hang of turning off the customisation button FIRST, thanks to the soul who suggested that!
I am loving the whole pattern making thing that works with these best, I will now do a few other items using this idea, since discovering which objects make good patterns. have had about 4 rejects, cos I did mostly remember to take the customisation away...loving this product!! but WHY do we love it? interesting and intruiging Smile
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:17:24 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Yeah, I normally don't work with products that have special rules or need to be reviewed. I figure that they are lucky to have me designing for them so they can keep their hoops. I have always allowed customization. But this one is different. I really approve of the cause and also it is more of a technical approval and not so much a content approval.

Array Stores wrote:

I was just doing some and I let one get through and as soon as I clicked the publish button I was like "AAAAHHHHHRRR!". Sorry reviewers, I slipped for a split second. lol
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:29:21 PM
GillKnox wrote:
but WHY do we love it? interesting and intruiging Smile

I think partly because they were off limits for us and we all thought what we could do with them if only...

also they are just so cozy looking and yes of course the great cause! and last but not least allover prints are just fun!

It is so surprising that there were so few in the marketplace up until now...
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:24:30 PM
·▽·

This customization button is a hard habit to break. I wish I could delete at least in the first five minutes, since most of the times I realize just seconds after when I didn't click no ... *sigh*

So sorry, reviewers.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:28:44 PM
Jerry wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Yeah, I normally don't work with products that have special rules or need to be reviewed.

Neither do I. I have just read so many posts in here from people asking why their product shows the customization button even though they didn't enable it, and having on occasion chosen not to allow it myself on a couple of my products, it was easy to check out.
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:40:49 AM
Laughing I see from the posts above I'm not the only one that was confused. I probably knew that fact of public vs logged in but you know how your mind turns to swiss cheese the longer you're alive.

Laughing

I just love the looks of these shoes. Love
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:59:23 AM
Hello again Designers! (are you tired of me yet?)

Thanks for the feedback on the Customize button/logged-in issue. I added a comment to the original News post and also to the help article to hopefully lower confusion.

Since we have not had a product before with this type of restriction (only Approved Designers) there obviously have been some opportunities for discovery along the way. I think I am going to call this "Launch and Learn" from now on.

While it may seem a bit strange that we didn't have everything more buttoned up, we chose to move fast and react quickly instead of waiting to get this product live after exhaustive system testing. Yes, Zazzle is a large, mature business, but we pride ourselves in being nimble and being able to do some audacious things. When your entire business is making things that don't yet exist, or as I like to say "making the imagined", you get comfortable with taking some risks as the rewards can be significant and the ride is exhilarating.

We appreciate you taking this journey with us and we are looking forward to continuing learning with our Designer and Maker partners. We could not do any of this without you.

James C
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 6:32:25 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:

It has started. I have had at least one pair put in the MP. And I have read that at least one other person has, too. This, I'm sure, is "First Come, First Serve", so they will roll out (if approved) based on their position in the queue.

Adding:

Checking the MP shows others have been approved, too (and not just those from Official stores)

Just an added note for those who might have missed this info about urls in another un-related thread:
If one goes from Zazzle home and mouses down over Clothing & Accessories, Clothing & Shoes, Womens Shoes to Womens Espadrilles you get zazzle.com/c/womens+espadrilles which gives 122 results right now.
If however you change the C in the url to an S like this zazzle.com/s/womens+espadrilles you get 1,232 results. So if you're looking for your pair(s) in the MP and don't find them, try the S.
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:07:04 AM
Would be nice if the customization button could be defaulted to 'off' and not changeable for these, but probably more trouble than it's worth from a programming standpoint.
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:08:03 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Would be nice if the customization button could be defaulted to 'off' and not changeable for these, but probably more trouble than it's worth from a programming standpoint.

...or even removed from this product
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:17:08 AM
Yay - the one pair I made was approved! Would like to make more, but since it means creating all new art (and 'life' is happening at the moment), probably going to be a awhile before I can make more.
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:38:39 AM
James C wrote:
Hello again Designers! (are you tired of me yet?)

Thanks for the feedback on the Customize button/logged-in issue. I added a comment to the original News post and also to the help article to hopefully lower confusion.

Since we have not had a product before with this type of restriction (only Approved Designers) there obviously have been some opportunities for discovery along the way. I think I am going to call this "Launch and Learn" from now on.

While it may seem a bit strange that we didn't have everything more buttoned up, we chose to move fast and react quickly instead of waiting to get this product live after exhaustive system testing. Yes, Zazzle is a large, mature business, but we pride ourselves in being nimble and being able to do some audacious things. When your entire business is making things that don't yet exist, or as I like to say "making the imagined", you get comfortable with taking some risks as the rewards can be significant and the ride is exhilarating.

We appreciate you taking this journey with us and we are looking forward to continuing learning with our Designer and Maker partners. We could not do any of this without you.

James C

Thanks for that update to the post JamesC

I'm not tired of you just yet... hope the feeling is mutual. lol

Just want to thank you for being present during this launch to address our questions and explain things more. That is nice.