Can't post Quick Create products 5 pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 1:01:17 PM
worked once then not again today. customer service said they had no idea this has been going on since nov 2014(even though that was my 3rd email about it & i'd sent links to these forums last year)
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2015 7:20:25 AM
moi wrote:
this has been going on since nov 2014

Longer, much longer. More like after the Memorial Day holiday in 2014. It got steadily worse thereafter. Once we hit the Independence Day holiday, it got so bad that I lost nearly all confidence in the site and mostly just stopped creating new designs and blogging about them for several months. Seemed like every time I checked in, there was some new problem. My blogging routine never has recovered. Most of the time I'm just too frustrated to bother.

I'm dreading that it will be the same thing this year. It's like these issues never stay fixed. I call them zombie glitches. "Seen this before? Well, it's back again!"
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2015 12:25:21 PM
Somewhere on the forum Liz posted that it's a known issue, and not an easy one to fix. But that they're still working on it.

Awkward though that customer service said they didn't know about it.
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2015 8:51:23 AM
Sick of this. >Sad
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2015 9:59:13 PM
ArtAttic wrote:
Somewhere on the forum Liz posted that it's a known issue, and not an easy one to fix. But that they're still working on it.

Yeah - seems like they would have worked this out by now or DONE AWAY with Quick Create altogether.
I'm not wasting my time creating products here unless there's something specific a client wants.
Posted: Saturday, July 04, 2015 3:56:08 PM
Are there still issues going on with Quick Create? I know it may take awhile for them to appear on my site, but after I create them they do not even appear in my account. If there is a minimum waiting time, let me know.

My store is: www.zazzle.com/colorsofafrica
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 9:49:47 AM
Ugh this is happening to me too. I have a lot of products on quick create, got them all set up, then on the last page when I click "publish" I get the error:

Quote:
We're sorry, there are problems with your information.

Don't kick your computer just yet -- we made things easy by marking all your errors in red.

I tried editing and changing all the different fields, they're all filled out right but still no go :/ Even hit "back" and tried again..still nothing.

This is really awful. Almost every time I use quick create there's some problem Sad
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 11:30:45 AM
Idea
I was thinking it would be nice if the quick create > publish products page had it's own "Save" button along with the back and post buttons.

One that would allow us to actually save the publish product page with all the info we've placed on it so, that we can go back to it later and publish.

Just a thought.
(I'm not a computer person, so I have no idea how that might come about, but thought the thought was worth sharing)
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 1:05:27 PM
Yeah, or simply be able to choose a group of "saved designs" and bulk edit them the way you can in quick create.
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 2:31:19 PM
Or just work in the first place. Smile

Thanks for the heads up Sylvan. I *thought* about trying it today but now will move on to other things.
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 7:17:27 PM
I must be crazy, but I tried it all over again and the same thing happened. Looks like I have to go through each product individually... x.x
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 9:46:18 PM
Liz wrote:
We are already looking into this, thank you for your patience!

Well, our patience is HUGE! We have This problem for years!! So, please eventually do SOMETHING and fix it!!! Thank you!
Posted: Sunday, July 05, 2015 10:29:32 PM
Sylvan Mist Art wrote:
I must be crazy, but I tried it all over again and the same thing happened. Looks like I have to go through each product individually... x.x

Try to log out, close your browser, open it, login and do the batch. Somehow it helps. Try just to close and open your browser or just the window of the browser...
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2015 3:14:00 AM
I too spent hours creating products only to get the same **** error. I was able to fix it though :-)

I had the error message.
I click back.
I clicked "customize" then "done" on each and every product.
Submitted.
No error message.

As has been suggested maybe when editing a product the in browser flash thingy it doesn't always finish or close properly.

Anyways... all submitted now.

I really hope this works for you as that was just too stressful.

Good luck !

Tim
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2015 9:09:22 AM
ArtAttic wrote:

yes & then she closed down the forum post instead of giving advice.customer service is useless at this point.tried again & failed again to use qc
Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2015 1:42:27 AM
Hi, I just wanted to say that it would be great to be able to edit a group of saved items all together. Fantastic idea!
I use quick create, although I often have problems with it. If I get the error message and hit back it returns to a blank page where I could start over from scratch. In this case the products are saved and have to be published one by one, very time consuming. I have 8 pages of items that were correctly done with quick create waiting to appear in my products, I thought this is probably vacation time.
Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2015 9:06:00 AM
moi wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:

yes & then she closed down the forum post instead of giving advice.customer service is useless at this point.tried again & failed again to use qc

Ya, Zazzle has gone all silent on the Quick Create issue. I started a post in the forum about this and other ongoing issues. Sellers began voicing their frustration. And what did Liz do? She locked the post!

To quote Liz. "it's a known issue, and not an easy one to fix. But that they're still working on it." Its been months and months!
>Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad >Sad

All I want to be able to do is use Quick Create to add new designs to my store in a streamlined, time efficient manner and sell more products. Is that asking too much? If Quick Create is not working and there is no intention on Zazzle's part to fix the issues why not just take in down?
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2015 5:38:53 PM
Some products that I created using Quick Create a few days ago FINALLY showed up...a few days too late. I had already recreated them one at a time.
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2015 5:56:26 PM
So I tried using Quick Create again today, and instead of customizing/publishing all my products at once, I tried quick creating only small batches of about 5-10 at a time. This time it worked! So that is perhaps a small work around for now with only making it a little more time consuming.
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2015 8:06:31 AM
UGH!! Just spent 2 hours creating 35 products through quick create and I got the dreaded message "don't kick your computer" The alert message is rather vague - it doesn't pinpoint what we've done wrong. I don't think it had anything to do with the products, wording, etc. since I created the same products (different title) a couple days ago with no problem (although I'm waiting for them to show up.)

Is there anyway to tell that quick create is not working before we start creating? Has anyone found a work around for this? Should we just take a break for a few weeks??
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2015 8:45:11 AM
Cynthia Gail Manor wrote:
Some products that I created using Quick Create a few days ago FINALLY showed up...a few days too late. I had already recreated them one at a time.

I really wish they had a way to view what designs are pending in QC. If I do several batches over the course of a few days and none of them show up for a week, I am never sure what's come through and what I'm still waiting on. I guess I have to resort to the old-fashioned way of keeping a notebook and writing it all down, but that seems an odd thing to have to do for a computer.
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2015 1:20:51 PM

I really wish they had a way to view what designs are pending in QC. If I do several batches over the course of a few days and none of them show up for a week, I am never sure what's come through and what I'm still waiting on. I guess I have to resort to the old-fashioned way of keeping a notebook and writing it all down, but that seems an odd thing to have to do for a computer.[/quote]

yeah that's SUPER annoying. i've had to do the same as well
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:30:34 AM
ugh - I knew there were problems with quick create in the past, but I thought "They must have fixed them by now!" Spent 90 minutes and now stuck.

I agree - they should just take it down. I haven't created in a while and to get hit with this is very frustrating.

ETA Well at least all the ones I edited are showing up in my Saved Designs. Whew
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 1:36:24 PM
Well taking QC down would hurt me, and probably a lot of others, tremendously. I created my templates in such a way that when the design is added in QC I don't have to change/tweak/alter it in QC. So I just download my design in QC onto my templates, scroll down to the "next" option, add title, description, etc, hit "post it" and... voila, it QC works like a charm EVERY time.

A while ago I noticed that when you use QC and even "customize" only one product in your batch, QC will give the dreaded error message when hitting the "post it" button. If you do not customize ANY batch product, QC will work just fine, time after time, after time... for days on end. That's why when creating a template nowadays I make sure that I have all the settings for that particular product exactly like I want it to appear in the end, so I won't have to do anything to it when using QC.

Hopefully this will help some of you when giving QC another chance :-)
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:42:33 PM
finally started working for the 1st time in months.i got a few days of work,now qc is completely useless again
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:02:47 PM
ArtAttic wrote:
Well taking QC down would hurt me, and probably a lot of others, tremendously. I created my templates in such a way that when the design is added in QC I don't have to change/tweak/alter it in QC. So I just download my design in QC onto my templates, scroll down to the "next" option, add title, description, etc, hit "post it" and... voila, it QC works like a charm EVERY time.

Same here works for me every time.
And yes my images are placed exactly the same as if I'd created them individually not just slapped on.

If someone is having to go in and tweak everything I question why they are using Q.C. anyway.
It's much quicker to go and create/customize the products individually with minimal title/description/tags (I just use a single letter) and bulk edit later.
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:56:32 AM
Haven't read the thread yet, but the one time I tried QC, it didn't post anything, but it saved a bunch of items in my saved designs. I felt the hassle wasn't it worth it for me, until I can dedicate more time to figuring out how it actually works (and apparently that day it wasn't working properly?)

ETA - apparently it worked afterall?? I went to the shop I created using QC and now all the items are there. I haven't checked it in a couple weeks now because it's not my main shop, just a project I'm trying. But a lot of the items still need some tweaking. They took a really long time to post, I had no idea what was going on.

I don't think I like QC, or just dont understand it.

Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:10:39 AM
Steampunk Bunny wrote:
If someone is having to go in and tweak everything I question why they are using Q.C. anyway.
It's much quicker to go and create/customize the products individually with minimal title/description/tags (I just use a single letter) and bulk edit later.

Um - no, it's not quicker to create individually - even with the bulk editing trick. It may be quicker to market however since QC batches take a while to be published.

I don't tweak EVERY item in my QC batches but I do modify, move, add to about 25 out of 100 because not every image I have is exactly the same and some of the positioning of camera holes etc on phones require my items to be moved around a bit.

2 cents,
T
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:26:23 AM
If Zazzle ever listened to any of our suggestions I would hope they'd ignore the one to remove QC completely. It's a very useful tool, when it's working.
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 2:04:45 PM
I have to agree with Al Rio Art, QC is MUCH faster even when doing a batch that requires individual tweaks. I just came back from a brief product creation hiatus and I notice that the QC seems to be working perfectly so far. I have had no issues with errors like I was getting before (although the products haven't shown up yet).

Does anyone know about how long it's taking for QC products to publish these days? When I started months ago it seemed to take maybe a day or 2. Then more recently it was taking up to 7 to 10 days or so. I just added new QC products yesterday so wondering if it's going to be back to a nice 24ish hours or should I buckle in for weeks? Stick out tongue