Best way for add a new work in the shop.
Josep Mestres
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:35:28 AM

Groups: Member

What is the best way for add a new work in the shop? Usually I begin in "Quick create", but later I spend too much time to fit the design in the differents items. I think I work wrong. Thanks.
colorwash
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:51:38 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

You may find that creating one product at a time suits you better. It does a lot of us who don't use or even like Quick Create.
Susannah Keegan
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:26:51 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

Like colorwash, I find it easier and faster to go one at a time. If you find yourself backtracking to fit the design a lot, you may also find it easier to create one product at a time.

Creating one product at a time has 2 other bonuses besides not having to backtrack.

1)Products created one at a time are published more quickly than those created with Quick Create. Quick Create products have sometimes taken up to or even more than a week to publish. Products created one at a time are published generally in a day, I've never seen it be more than 2 days.

2)Products that have been recently introduced to Zazzle (like new phone cases recently introduced) will be found in Zazzleblanks one-at-a-time creation catalogue long before they get to Quick Create.

http://www.zazzle.com/s/zazzleblanks

If you create one at a time from the blank options in that link, you will have access to even the newest Zazzle products and they will publish sooner and be easier to tweak (no backtracking).
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:21:22 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Susannah Keegan wrote:
Like colorwash, I find it easier and faster to go one at a time. If you find yourself backtracking to fit the design a lot, you may also find it easier to create one product at a time.

Creating one product at a time has 2 other bonuses besides not having to backtrack.

1)Products created one at a time are published more quickly than those created with Quick Create. Quick Create products have sometimes taken up to or even more than a week to publish. Products created one at a time are published generally in a day, I've never seen it be more than 2 days.

2)Products that have been recently introduced to Zazzle (like new phone cases recently introduced) will be found in Zazzleblanks one-at-a-time creation catalogue long before they get to Quick Create.

http://www.zazzle.com/s/zazzleblanks

If you create one at a time from the blank options in that link, you will have access to even the newest Zazzle products and they will publish sooner and be easier to tweak (no backtracking).

One more benefit to creating one at a time is, you don't have 100 or more products show up in your store all at the same time and then have to spend days sorting them into categories or collections and trying to promote them all at once. I used to use QC and this is what broke me from it because all told, between editing, waiting for publish, sorting, and promoting there is nothing quick about it! And it will rob you of your sanity if you are not careful! Once I created 3 batches in one day and of course they all published at within minutes of each other howbeit a week later. so I had over 250 products to deal with before I could rest... I was so overwhelmed I almost just deleted them all! lesson learned!
LM Gildersleeve
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:59:12 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

You need to work one at a time to avoid adding designs that don't fit the products.

This image doesn't fit this mousepad.

The same with this mug which you have two versions of in your store. Delete this version and keep the one where the design fits the entire mug.

Ask yourself, would you buy this sweatshirt with a big rectangle on it??

How about this phone case?

Remember, it is not about how many products in your store but the quality of the designs and how they fit the products. Only add your best images to products which make sense.

Best of luck to you. Smile
Josep Mestres
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 3:48:52 AM

Groups: Member

Thanks you LM Gildersleeve. I am reviewing all my designs and trying to fit them right. Smile