Award Ribbon Official Tips & Tricks Thread
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2019 3:51:15 PM
Hi everyone!

Here is the place for you to share all of your tips and tricks for designing our brand new award ribbons!!

Get all the details about this product in the new product thread here.

To show off your new designs on this product, pop over here.

Happy designing!

Best,
Z-Team
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2019 6:06:03 PM
I see people are doing the coasters but no award ribbons in the Show Me thread. I know Father's Day is past, but what about Grandparent's Day, Sweetest Day, and Boss' Day.
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2019 7:07:15 PM
MarBethHomeDecor wrote:
I see people are doing the coasters but no award ribbons in the Show Me thread. I know Father's Day is past, but what about Grandparent's Day, Sweetest Day, and Boss' Day.

Thanks for the inspiration! I will eventually make some of these too. Grin
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 4:22:06 AM
Why denim???
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 4:34:42 AM
Saints_Aplenty wrote:
Why denim???

It does seem a little off-the-mark for an awards ribbon, but it may be that it's an image they've used with other things and it was handy.
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 5:06:29 AM
Saints_Aplenty wrote:
Why denim???

I know! That jacket just doesn't look good with anything to me...

Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 5:31:44 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Saints_Aplenty wrote:
Why denim???

I know! That jacket just doesn't look good with anything to me...

Are they even in style anymore?
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 5:33:48 AM
I'm with you, Shelli!

Colorwash wrote:
Quote:
It does seem a little off-the-mark for an awards ribbon, but it may be that it's an image they've used with other things and it was handy.

I suppose that's a reason, Colorwash. Not a good one IMHO. But, I suppose that's a reason.

I'd really like to see a better in situ.

Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 7:48:39 AM
Even dark denim would be better, or a choice of casual and professional looks.

There are some designs that need professional looking insitus.
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 8:47:24 AM
A big +1, Shelli!
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 11:46:51 AM
Just noticed that I did NOT change the "backing" from the default "to/from card" to the "Event card"

I went to the edit from the product page(same from drop down on backend product icons).

Clicked on Product Merchandising/Change options
When selecting the EVENT backing, it seems to change until APPLY button is clicked, then only the "pinked w/o backing" images are shown.

Remember to check the BACK settings BEFORE Posting for sale.

Zazzle team, please get this corrected. I'm not certain if this will affect any purchases.
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 12:19:12 PM
BKMuir -

Try making your change and then just click "Change style", the blue/green button. Do Not click "Apply", Apply is asking you if want to Save $ on whatever option it may be suggesting at the time, depending on the start option.

Hope that works.
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 6:04:31 PM
Would love to have the option for a BLANK card on the back or no card on the back when selecting the style with string.

I am transferring some of my designs from the discontinued wooden bookmarks with the tassel at the top, and like the option on these for the sting at the top as a bookmark. As they may not be gifts or have anything to do with a class, a blank back would be the best fit.

It may be that some buy these for themselves, or order a bunch as Keepsakes or freebies for an event. An organization I've worked for gave out bookmarks at our table as part of a botanical conference, for example. It may not make much sense in those cases to have either of the current options for the back text, and when giving them out to promote an organization I wouldn't really want the Zazzle brand on it.

Yes, I could select a different style. Or carefully cut that bit off, or make stickers to cover it up, but it would be nice to not have to go that extra step for something you don't want.

Thanks for the product, really like it & wow, what a good price!

Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 7:19:39 PM
BotanicalArt wrote:
Would love to have the option for a BLANK card on the back or no card on the back when selecting the style with string.

+1 to the blank card option.
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 11:10:19 AM
RunnerTShirtsGifts wrote:
BKMuir -

Try making your change and then just click "Change style", the blue/green button. Do Not click "Apply", Apply is asking you if want to Save $ on whatever option it may be suggesting at the time, depending on the start option.

Hope that works.

I tried this (seemed to take) but doesn't yet show on product page ??

Will wait for indexing to take effect.

9/9/19 - I got all three of my original awards to have the card back changed. So either the page was fixed, or my brain began working correctly again. Thanks to All.