All-over-print tanks for men only?
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 6:26:49 AM
While fixing sneakers I'd designed for women and that were automatically categorized for men, I spotted the same thing had happened with the all-over-print tank tops, but looking at their shape, I'm now wondering if they're cut specifically for men. If this is true, I'll delete my feminine designs. Does anyone know?
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 7:33:48 AM
Colorwash wrote:
While fixing sneakers I'd designed for women and that were automatically categorized for men, I spotted the same thing had happened with the all-over-print tank tops, but looking at their shape, I'm now wondering if they're cut specifically for men. If this is true, I'll delete my feminine designs. Does anyone know?

I can't answer to that specifically, but I know lots of women here in the country (I actually live outside of Dallas) that prefer men's t-shirts because they are roomier so you might not delete your feminine designs just based on the cut. And I've seen younger guys wearing clothes that in my opinion had a feminine look to the design so you never know who is going to like what. Just my two cents! Grin
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 7:59:46 AM
There is a movement to break up the strict gender assignment of what boys and girls play with. Guys are much more open and less shy with so called feminine designs and then there are the woman who buy mens clothes. I have a bunch of T-shirts who are assigned male.

I wish I could assign kids sizes to the grown up section. I had a few friends who where very petite and rather sick of kids designs.
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 8:05:55 AM
Do you mean the unisex tank tops?

I wouldn't get rid of your feminine designs. The fact that Zazzle puts them under men I suspect comes down to the fact that they don't have a unisex area in their hierarchy.
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 8:08:18 AM
You can edit the department into women's tops. Since Zazzle sells unisex clothes but has no unisex department, editing the department is the best bet.

I have done this with all clothes (such as shoes) that are unisex but default to men.
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 9:29:16 AM
And don't forget there are plenty of gay or transgender men out there who appreciate feminine designs.
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:01:51 AM
I'll switch them over to women because, even without knowing the hard statistics, I bet women are the majority of shoppers here on Zazzle.

A unisex department has been requested several times, so I'll just ditto it.
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 12:46:36 PM
Colorwash wrote:
I'll switch them over to women because, even without knowing the hard statistics, I bet women are the majority of shoppers here on Zazzle.

A unisex department has been requested several times, so I'll just ditto it.

ditto to the unisex category!