2019 WeddingZ Design Challenge Official Q&A 7 pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 5:23:27 PM
So, to sum it up, no product names in the meta (including descriptions) unless it is being marketed as an unusual use for something like a gift box as a ring bearer's box, right?
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 6:14:46 PM
@RedWyvernDesigns 20XX is preferred (best practice), but no points will be docked for 2020.
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 6:15:28 PM
Monica wrote:
@Shelli SEO is a complicated blend of art and skill, so totally understand it can get confusing (doesn't help that Google is constantly updating their algorithm). Our tips are set to provide general best practices, but there are no 'right answers.' when it comes to this stuff.

Not sure how much extra we can tell you except unique content is the most important thing for SEO. If you choose to change a few words here or there, is it really 'unique?' How can you help your designs stand out?

Okay thank you Monica.

Adding: The best way I know to make my designs stand out is to have different and original designs when possible. Hopefully that will help me get noticed in spite of the SEO confusion.
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 6:17:38 PM
@JustFharryn - I want to say yes or no, but it's really hard to give you an exact answer on that. Don't use product names just to stuff your description, use them only if it helps you convey your message and tell your design's unique story.
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 6:44:04 PM
Monica wrote:
@JustFharryn - I want to say yes or no, but it's really hard to give you an exact answer on that. Don't use product names just to stuff your description, use them only if it helps you convey your message and tell your design's unique story.

Just curious, in your example is the gift tag something else being used as a gift tag?

If not you might want to reword that example description so as not to give the wrong impression that we should use the product type in the descriptions.
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 6:56:19 PM
What happens to someone like me that puts the product type in the description in a way that y'all don't approve of such as just listing the product type as part of the description and not using it to describe other purposes? I put the product type in my descriptions and I do it my way, which is probably not the way y'all want, so will I be penalized? Will all my products now be pulled for violation? Will I just be buried away so it won't matter? I am curious.
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 7:17:38 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
What happens to someone like me that puts the product type in the description in a way that y'all don't approve of such as just listing the product type as part of the description and not using it to describe other purposes? I put the product type in my descriptions and I do it my way, which is probably not the way y'all want, so will I be penalized? Will all my products now be pulled for violation? Will I just be buried away so it won't matter? I am curious.

I just went and had a look at some of the top selling products in the mp and noticed that many had the product type in the description. Also titles and descriptions of the products in collections with the same design had titles that were only different by one word and many of them had the exact same description or if they were different it was only by a few words just like I do. I am not saying that makes it okay but it does not seem to hurt their visibility in search results. take that for what it's worth...
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 7:24:11 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:

I just went and had a look at some of the top selling products in the mp and noticed that many had the product type in the description. Also titles and descriptions of the products in collections with the same design had titles that were only different by one word and many of them had the exact same description or if they were different it was only by a few words just like I do. I am not saying that makes it okay but it does not seem to hurt their visibility in search results. take that for what it's worth...

I'm more concerned with how Zazzle will choose to handle it. I've put too many years, and lots of hard work, in here to let the way I write descriptions do me in. I add the product type into my description so that my descriptions will be different from one product to next, like Z wants, but now it seems that is wrong. So discouraged right now and about the most I got from this thread is that I won't be trying my hand at this wedding stuff. Good luck to all that are entering the contest!
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 7:32:17 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:

I'm more concerned with how Zazzle will choose to handle it. I've put too many years, and lots of hard work, in here to let the way I write descriptions do me in. I add the product type into my description so that my descriptions will be different from one product to next, like Z wants, but now it seems that is wrong. So discouraged right now and about the most I got from this thread is that I won't be trying my hand at this wedding stuff. Good luck to all that are entering the contest!
I get you.
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 7:46:47 PM
I get you.

Thanks! Smile
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 3:38:19 AM
Hi Y'All: For the 2019 Wedding Design Challenge, the rules note we need to submit our entries via PIDs (versus using the normal long URL). What are PIDs and how do we use them? Smile
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 3:57:30 AM
Monica wrote:

In most cases, we advised against including product keywords. BUT for those occasional times that it helps them create unique descriptions by communicating out the different product intent of the design, then sure, by all means.

Unique content is the most important thing for SEO. Most of the time you guys only need to focus on describing the designs. But you can include product types in the descriptions when necessary and doing this would not hurt their rankings.

Hope that answers it!

Thanks Monica. The unlined part is my take away. The "gift tag" example was ok but not a habitual practice.

Quote:
What are PIDs and how do we use them?

Kristin, the PID stands for Product ID and is found at the bottom of the products page under Other Info.
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 4:03:05 AM
Yes, I found the PID # now. Thanks very much. Good luck all in the Wedding contest!
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 4:07:11 AM
Pardon me, I meant thank you LM Gildersleeve! So much to learn here. Have a great weekend Smile
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 5:06:44 AM
I love design challenges! Love

However, there are a few products from other designers that I would like to include in my collection whose products represent ones that I necessarily cannot make myself (such as those with great calligraphy/typography)...

Thus my question is Idea Should all the products in the collection be newly designed products by the designer only or can it include products from other designers as well? Perhaps by some percentage such that 80% of the collection must be your own products, and 20% may be other complementary designs to make it more complete?

For example, lets say you have selected 20 products to include in your collection: thus 16 must be your own and 4 may be from other designers? Or are we meant to self-design each-and-every product?

Also to make more fair: the 7 minimum required products for submission must be your own designs... (thus, should you want to, you may only add 1 product from another designer to stay within the 80:20 in this case)...

Is this feasible?

Thank you!
Grin

Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 10:44:49 AM
Monica wrote:
@RedWyvernDesigns 20XX is preferred (best practice), but no points will be docked for 2020.

Ok awesome. I happened to use 2020 as it was eye-catching. Smile I am making a 2nd collection with XX though and making myself get use to that lol.
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 10:50:13 AM
Another fun question lol.
So when I make the title it says to leave out the product name. That it does not need to be kept in. So with my screenshot below, I do not have to leave the product name in? (Mind it is tough to figure out how to question this exactly lol)

https://imgur.com/GJ5ioCM
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 11:20:49 AM
aRtVerse wrote:

However, there are a few products from other designers that I would like to include in my collection whose products represent ones that I necessarily cannot make myself (such as those with great calligraphy/typography)...

Thus my question is Idea Should all the products in the collection be newly designed products by the designer only or can it include products from other designers as well? Perhaps by some percentage such that 80% of the collection must be your own products, and 20% may be other complementary designs to make it more complete?

For example, lets say you have selected 20 products to include in your collection: thus 16 must be your own and 4 may be from other designers? Or are we meant to self-design each-and-every product?

Also to make more fair: the 7 minimum required products for submission must be your own designs... (thus, should you want to, you may only add 1 product from anot

her designer to stay within the 80:20 in this case)...

Is this feasible?

Thank you!
Grin

After looking over the rules, it seems it has to be your own products: https://www.zazzle.com/lp/malpcms?id=_2019WeddingZDesignChallenge
The first part of the rules makes it sound like that so better to be safe than sorry and stick with your own stuff. Smile
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 11:45:58 AM
Is anyone having trouble with the links on the blog post to enter your collection? When I click on any of the links on this blog post it takes me to an error page. https://www.zazzle.com/everything_grandma/news?articleId=585648
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 11:49:37 AM
Diane Schultz wrote:
Is anyone having trouble with the links on the blog post to enter your collection? When I click on any of the links on this blog post it takes me to an error page. https://www.zazzle.com/everything_grandma/news?articleId=585648

Here you go Smile
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8sI_FKwZPWvQe6hlvlQQk1TxNBzFA8Vpr_k4GQFRM0GqZwA/viewform

The links are messed up in the NEws section but I found a way around them Grin
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 12:32:43 PM
RedWyvernDesigns wrote:
aRtVerse wrote:

Also to make more fair: the 7 minimum required products for submission must be your own designs... (thus, should you want to, you may only add 1 product from anot

her designer to stay within the 80:20 in this case)...

Is this feasible?

Thank you!
Grin

After looking over the rules, it seems it has to be your own products: https://www.zazzle.com/lp/malpcms?id=_2019WeddingZDesignChallenge
The first part of the rules makes it sound like that so better to be safe than sorry and stick with your own stuff. Smile

Thanks for the reply (it just states 'New' products)... ah what a shame would have liked to spread the love... Love Laughing

Let me try to rephrase my thinking: after creating the mandatory 7 products and submitting those, which are the ones that I made and will be judged. I would like to add them to a store collection along with more of my own products in the same theme and include products from other designers... would these be considered part of the contest (hence my 80:20 reasoning) or does the fall outside of the scope of the challenge?

Because the forms asks not only for the 7 PIDs but also for the entire collection URL. Otherwise these would need to be separated out into another folder, which would be a shame since adding that 1-2 outside products just ties up the set... and represents a nice cohesive all-in-one stop for a potential customer.

It's not a train smash but I was wondering none the less...
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 12:36:29 PM
TheBarefootBride wrote:
All designs and collections submitted must be new* to the Zazzle Marketplace
*’New’ means the collection and product(s) must have been created on or after 01/01/19.

Still confused on this.. any designs already IN the marketplace from Jan 1 2019 onward are OK? or not?

Bumping this question once again.. please.

I know a contest we had before allowed products that yes in fact were in the MP but only after a certain date - not made especially after the announcement of the contest dates.
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 12:40:45 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:

I also noticed this .. I cannot imagine trying to write a different description completely for a wedding set of say 20 products... we would be here all day trying to get one collection up IMHO

The desc and tags are my worst part of doing invites.. drives me nuts trying to come up with what I think folks are going to use as a search term.
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 12:44:39 PM
Monica wrote:

I try to use the product name as an intro mostly so the customer is aware of what they are looking at right away like this:
Save the Date | Then here I add the description
Thank you Card | Then here I add the description

so this is no longer OK?
Sometimes I do the same in the titles.. ALSO if we have a matching set it is not ok to use the same title so it seams as a cohesive set that is intended to go together ?
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 1:11:04 PM
I cant open the form when I try to use the link
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 1:44:36 PM
lemacks wrote:
I cant open the form when I try to use the link

Use this link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8sI_FKwZPWvQe6hlvlQQk1TxNBzFA8Vpr_k4GQFRM0GqZwA/viewform
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:33:26 PM
RedWyvernDesigns wrote:
Diane Schultz wrote:

Here you go Smile

The links are messed up in the NEws section but I found a way around them Grin

Thank you so much RedWyvernDesigns!
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 4:53:17 AM
the links aren't working
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 4:53:18 AM
the links aren't working
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 5:23:38 AM