2019 WeddingZ Design Challenge Official Q&A 7 pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 9:48:56 AM
Designers!

We’re excited to continue to grow the wedding category! Let's consolidate any questions for the WeddingZ Design Challenge below.

Best of luck!
Z-Team
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 10:36:55 AM
Hey thanks for locking my question thread I had posted elsewhere. I can't copy and paste my question now so I'll give you a link to it.

HERE

Thank you Roses
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 10:39:33 AM

This was @LMGildersleeve's question from the other thread

Quote:


Example of great description meta data slide #13

Quote:
Description
This wedding gift tag is perfect for those looking to match their wedding theme to the pastel colors of spring! The hand painted floral designs provides the perfect touch for outdoor weddings, and are perfect for guest welcome bags. Personalize it with your your name, your wedding date, and be sure to include a special message! The background color is set to mint, but feel free to choose a new fill color in order to match it to your wedding theme.


We have been told many times not to use the product type in our descriptions. The advice in the past several YouTube videos and printed material told us only to use a description of a design.

So what is the official advice for good description meta data on our product pages for SEO?


I am interested to hear the answer also.

conflicting info is confusing...
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:18:24 AM
I didn't read anything about adding a special tag to the collection like WeddingZ or anything, did I miss that, or is it not required this time?
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:40:36 AM
@dizzyebbie - not required this time.
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:47:56 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

This was @LMGildersleeve's question from the other thread

Quote:


Example of great description meta data slide #13

Quote:
Description
This wedding gift tag is perfect for those looking to match their wedding theme to the pastel colors of spring! The hand painted floral designs provides the perfect touch for outdoor weddings, and are perfect for guest welcome bags. Personalize it with your your name, your wedding date, and be sure to include a special message! The background color is set to mint, but feel free to choose a new fill color in order to match it to your wedding theme.


We have been told many times not to use the product type in our descriptions. The advice in the past several YouTube videos and printed material told us only to use a description of a design.

So what is the official advice for good description meta data on our product pages for SEO?


I am interested to hear the answer also.

conflicting info is confusing...


Well now I am curious about this since I know the product type is not to be used in tags, but I have never heard that it can't be mentioned in descriptions.
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:49:39 AM
Hi Monica

Just been reading the list of products and notice that Paper Cups are listed as a product. Are they coming back in stock?

Thanks!
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:57:19 AM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
Hey thanks for locking my question thread I had posted elsewhere. I can't copy and paste my question now so I'll give you a link to it.

HERE

Thank you Roses


(facepalm emoji) Sorry LM, I should have copied your question over. Roses
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:00:32 PM
No worry James. We were both playing whacka mole at that same time. *wink*
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:23:08 PM
Collections made from 1/1/19 until present can be submitted?
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:37:33 PM
@Lisa Gwaltney - Yes! Any collections made after 1/1/19 can be submitted.
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:38:05 PM
@andbabytoo - not sure when paper cups are coming back at this time.
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 1:05:04 PM
@Monica

Can LM's question from above about product types in descriptions be answered please? Knowing the answer will be beneficial.

Thanks!
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 1:25:43 PM
Monica wrote:
@dizzyebbie - not required this time.

Thank you
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 1:36:44 PM
Monica wrote:
@andbabytoo - not sure when paper cups are coming back at this time.


Thank you. I'll not put any in then
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 1:39:43 PM
@dizzydebbie. Thanks for catching that! Legal has been updated. Anything created after this year (after 1/1/19) is fair game.
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 1:47:33 PM
One thing I'm wondering about is originality, which is one of the judging criteria. There certainly isn't much originality on the first few pages of the bestsellers list, so does that mean that Zazzle is looking for more new and unique designs, rather than what is trending?
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 2:07:50 PM
I've got another question, too. Is it allowed to use purchased graphics elements?
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:04:17 PM
@Connie: Yes, purchased graphic elements are allowed.

Be original and trendy. You don't' have to recreate best sellers to be a winner. We will actually give top collections a temporary boost in the search to help increase exposure, but also diversify our search algorithms.
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:22:53 PM
Monica wrote:
@Connie: Yes, purchased graphic elements are allowed.

Be original and trendy. You don't' have to recreate best sellers to be a winner. We will actually give top collections a temporary boost in the search to help increase exposure, but also diversify our search algorithms.

Thank you very much. Yes, I know it's possible to be original and trendy, but most of the trending designs on Zazzle lately don't seem to be very original, so I wanted to clarify.
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:58:41 PM
I am confused about something, the rules say: "If a date is included in any submission, it should either read “20XX”.
So I want to submit one of my wedding designs that I am currently working on, it is already for sell, the question is: Do I have to edit my design in order to change the year on my product to be read 20XX?
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:14:33 PM
Jazmin Marquez wrote:
I am confused about something, the rules say: "If a date is included in any submission, it should either read “20XX”.
So I want to submit one of my wedding designs that I am currently working on, it is already for sell, the question is: Do I have to edit my design in order to change the year on my product to be read 20XX?


Products already posted for sale cannot be edited to change text (among other things). You will need to customize it into a new product, post for sale, and then set the original to Direct or Hidden or just delete it.
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:17:53 PM
All designs and collections submitted must be new* to the Zazzle Marketplace
*’New’ means the collection and product(s) must have been created on or after 01/01/19.



Still confused on this.. any designs already IN the marketplace from Jan 1 2019 onward are OK? or not?
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:23:05 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Jazmin Marquez wrote:
I am confused about something, the rules say: "If a date is included in any submission, it should either read “20XX”.
So I want to submit one of my wedding designs that I am currently working on, it is already for sell, the question is: Do I have to edit my design in order to change the year on my product to be read 20XX?


Products already posted for sale cannot be edited to change text (among other things). You will need to customize it into a new product, post for sale, and then set the original to Direct or Hidden or just delete it.



Yes, sorry.. that's what I meant (create a new one). But that's why I am confused because the rules say that any design created this year can be submitted. So if mine has the date, doesn't qualify for this contest?
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:57:14 PM
Jazmin Marquez wrote:
I am confused about something, the rules say: "If a date is included in any submission, it should either read “20XX”.
So I want to submit one of my wedding designs that I am currently working on, it is already for sell, the question is: Do I have to edit my design in order to change the year on my product to be read 20XX?


The way it is worded

Quote:
All designs and collections submitted must be new* to the Zazzle Marketplace
If a date is included in any submission, it should either read “20XX”
Multiple entries are permitted but each collection must be unique
You may submit multiple entries, but each entry must be submitted separately
Products submitted must be published on the Zazzle.com ‘.com’ domain
Must be unique to Zazzle, i.e, cannot be available from another POD site
Submit collection & PIDs through this Google Form


with the word either makes it seem like they meant to add that it should either read 20XX or 2019...

I think they just forgot to add the 2019 part.
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 5:09:17 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Jazmin Marquez wrote:
I am confused about something, the rules say: "If a date is included in any submission, it should either read “20XX”.
So I want to submit one of my wedding designs that I am currently working on, it is already for sell, the question is: Do I have to edit my design in order to change the year on my product to be read 20XX?


The way it is worded

Quote:
All designs and collections submitted must be new* to the Zazzle Marketplace
If a date is included in any submission, it should either read “20XX”
Multiple entries are permitted but each collection must be unique
You may submit multiple entries, but each entry must be submitted separately
Products submitted must be published on the Zazzle.com ‘.com’ domain
Must be unique to Zazzle, i.e, cannot be available from another POD site
Submit collection & PIDs through this Google Form


with the word either makes it seem like they meant to add that it should either read 20XX or 2019...

I think they just forgot to add the 2019 part.



I hope you are right, nevertheless, I think they should clarify that... since it is a bit confusing.
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 1:21:08 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Jazmin Marquez wrote:
I am confused about something, the rules say: "If a date is included in any submission, it should either read “20XX”.
So I want to submit one of my wedding designs that I am currently working on, it is already for sell, the question is: Do I have to edit my design in order to change the year on my product to be read 20XX?


The way it is worded

Quote:
All designs and collections submitted must be new* to the Zazzle Marketplace
If a date is included in any submission, it should either read “20XX”
Multiple entries are permitted but each collection must be unique
You may submit multiple entries, but each entry must be submitted separately
Products submitted must be published on the Zazzle.com ‘.com’ domain
Must be unique to Zazzle, i.e, cannot be available from another POD site
Submit collection & PIDs through this Google Form


with the word either makes it seem like they meant to add that it should either read 20XX or 2019...

I think they just forgot to add the 2019 part.



Hmm I wanted to submit a collection I made but I made the year 2020, I wonder if that will still be accepted.
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 1:23:57 AM
Int he news about the contest when you click: HOW Submit collections and products via this form.
and
Click here for the Official Rules.
The click areas do not take you to where you need to go.

The submit form page says: Sorry, unable to open the file at this time.

Please check the address and try again.
And the link to the rules and such is this: https://www.zazzle.com/lp/malpcms?id=_2019WeddingZDesignChallenge%3Cbr%20/%3E
(Need to remove <br%20/> at the end to get to the page)
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 7:56:43 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
@Monica

Can LM's question from above about product types in descriptions be answered please? Knowing the answer will be beneficial.

Thanks!


You know I was thinking of going through the last several Zazzle Chats to see if I misunderstood, however I just don't have the time for it now when Mother's Day is around the corner. Because nothing has been clarified and other questions have been answered I'm just going to go with an assumption we can add product type words to our descriptions.
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 11:04:24 AM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
@Monica

Can LM's question from above about product types in descriptions be answered please? Knowing the answer will be beneficial.

Thanks!


You know I was thinking of going through the last several Zazzle Chats to see if I misunderstood, however I just don't have the time for it now when Mother's Day is around the corner. Because nothing has been clarified and other questions have been answered I'm just going to go with an assumption we can add product type words to our descriptions.


I don't understand why they are ignoring this question. But yeah if we go with their lead I guess it is okay to add the product type to the description.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded