2019 HolidayZ Design Challenge Official Q&A 5 pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:38:13 PM
We have until tomorrow afternoon 11:59a PST right? I thought it was midnight tonight but it says AM.. Just double checking? I'm running late LOL
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:38:53 AM
Sara W. wrote:
We have until tomorrow afternoon 11:59a PST right? I thought it was midnight tonight but it says AM.. Just double checking? I'm running late LOL

Yup, it's noon today (PST), Sara. Roses
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 9:29:51 AM
I don't see a confirmation for this collection.. Can you please tell me if you received it..🙏
make_a_wish_sapphire_holiday-119712747705240377
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 10:02:53 AM
sara wrote:
I don't see a confirmation for this collection.. Can you please tell me if you received it..🙏
make_a_wish_sapphire_holiday-119712747705240377

Double checked... i see your submission!
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 10:04:31 AM
Jenn wrote:
I made a small change to one item in one of my entries that I submitted, and replaced the original item in my collection....do I need to resubmit the whole collection via the form? Thank you.

To be safe, resubmit. You won't get docked for having multiple submissions.
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 4:35:04 AM
Can metadata still be edited?
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 10:11:58 AM
I was just now reading this thread and saw the notation regarding the deadline being AM and not PM. Crying

I submitted 2 entries last night (before 11:59 PM, what I thought was the entry deadline) and I received email confirmation. Does that mean my submissions went through then, and have been entered?

Side note: who the heck decided on AM for goodness sake? I can't think I've ever seen a contest end mid-day. I thought that was rather confusing.
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 10:39:39 AM
Another question: Is this it, "THE" official Z holiday challenge for this year? I seem to think last year the contest was run a little later in the year? I totally understand the need to do it early because that allows plenty of time for Z to use the materials in marketing and to amp up on the holiday stuff early, so I have no issue with running it earlier.

What was a bit frustrating to me is that the contests are always 'sprung' on us. Sure, we were given a month. But lets be real - it was the middle of summer...vacations...kids out of school...busy being away from home. On top of that, many of us hold down real-world jobs as well as have families that require our time. So in reality (for me, at least) I didn't have a month, because of everything else 'summer vacation' related going on. I know, my fault, but here's my point:

Would there be ANY way that Z could let us know in advance that contests will be held during certain times 'down the road'? For example, perhaps in December there could be a calendar list of 2020 future contests (no details, of course, I'd understand that details could be provided at a later date at the contest beginning) - but perhaps something like "March 15-31 Spring Wedding Contest" or "July 1-July 31 Holiday Contest". Then at least we designers could see into your head a little, allowing us lead time to creatively prepare and begin working up some ideas, instead of the current method which requires a little bit of scrambling around on our part.

If I knew a contest was going to be held (like this one - a holiday contest in July) - I could have started work on submission ideas earlier. Of course, I'm always working on ideas, but my work flow tends to be that once it's created, I post it. So many, many times, if I'd have known a contest was coming up, I might have held a design so that it could qualify. But then, perhaps Z doesn't really care about that because they'd rather you post designs immediately, and if you miss a contest you are S.O.L.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Just running on little sleep today - was up late trying to make the 11:59 deadline - which I believe I missed - because it was AM and not PM! (Story of my life lately - a day late and a dollar short!) Laughing
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:18:22 AM
Starving Artist wrote:

which I believe I missed - because it was AM and not PM! (Story of my life lately - a day late and a dollar short!) Laughing

I made the same mistake on the wedding contest. I only checked to see which time zone it was in, and noticed the AM. Too late!
Sad
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:21:23 AM
TabbyGun wrote:
Starving Artist wrote:

which I believe I missed - because it was AM and not PM! (Story of my life lately - a day late and a dollar short!) Laughing

I made the same mistake on the wedding contest. I only checked to see which time zone it was in, and noticed the AM. Too late!
Sad

it is weird to have an am deadline... not the norm so understandable that you would not notice it .
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 1:29:50 PM
Oh no....I totally missed the deadline too! I think my dyslexic eyes saw the 'P" in PT and the 'M' in AM and scrambled them to see what I expected to see.
I most definitely wasn't expecting a middle-of-the-day deadline.

Is it possible to have the deadline revised to PM for all of us who screwed up????

Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 7:13:23 AM
From the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language: "By convention, 12 AM denotes midnight and 12 PM denotes noon. Because of the potential for confusion, it is advisable to use 12 noon and 12 midnight."

This might help for future ventures. :-)
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 7:39:32 AM
Yes, 12 midnight is AM and 12 noon is PM. I was very confused when noon started being thrown around as AM....

I feel like this was just a simple mistake on James' part when he was clarifying.
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 12:37:46 PM
LOL I think I missed the deadline too cuz I was thinking midnight, but by now I am having trouble remembering what day it was LOL. I received a confirmation though. Anyway, I see 7 items in my collection when I am signed in, but only 5 when not. What am I doing wrong? Sometimes I think an edit isn't showing too; in reading this thread, I believe I would need to resubmit, but I definitely fear doing that wrong too. The coaster and the journal are the two that sometimes don't show. One of the small edits I made was changing journal from title showing as "Tabby Cat's Notebook" to "Tabby Cat's Red Journal Notebook" --- even though I fixed that before submission I must not have pressed enter or something. Can I resubmit if needed at this late date? Here is link to my collection. I hope it shows the 7 for you. Incidentally I also get confused if collections are at my profile or at my store. I want them to be at my store which is /lizardmarsh. Thank you! https://www.zazzle.com/collections/tabby_cat_theme_gift_ideas-119298735258397484
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 10:35:25 PM
Lizardmarsh, no I can only see five. Is it possible you've set two to hidden, or direct only?
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 9:55:52 AM
Thank you TabbyGun! I need to study again what I did.
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 10:32:26 AM
Sometimes it simply takes some time for collections to index too. As you can see them logged in, I'm betting that's what's happening. If you check back in a day or so, it's likely all of your products will be present.
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:57:39 PM
Thank you Invincible Penguin. TabbyGun was right; I still had the Coaster hidden! My error with the Tabby Red Journal was that in editing it had become a new PID which I didn't realize. I made my submission to the contest using the old PID and the submission cannot be redone now since it is past the deadline. It probably won't be considered therefore, but I am glad for the learning experience as I probably won't make same mistakes in future. Also grateful all seven products now show up in the collection. Thanks for your help :-)
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 1:06:41 PM
TabbyGun wrote:
Lizardmarsh, no I can only see five. Is it possible you've set two to hidden, or direct only?

Thanks TabbyGun. One was hidden, you're right. I said more in my reply to Invincible Penguin. Thank you very much for your help.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 7:15:57 AM
TabbyGun wrote:
Can metadata still be edited?
Yup, it sure can.

Starving Artist wrote:

I submitted 2 entries last night (before 11:59 PM, what I thought was the entry deadline) and I received email confirmation. Does that mean my submissions went through then, and have been entered?
If you received an email confirmation, they were submitted/received.

Array Stores wrote:
Oh no....I totally missed the deadline too! I think my dyslexic eyes saw the 'P" in PT and the 'M' in AM and scrambled them to see what I expected to see.
I most definitely wasn't expecting a middle-of-the-day deadline.

Is it possible to have the deadline revised to PM for all of us who screwed up????

It was. Grin
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 9:34:17 AM
Monica wrote:
Maz wrote:
Memories.Moments.Milestones. wrote:
I'm located in Canada, I use the Canadian website, can someone explain what this means:

"Products submitted must be published on the Zazzle.com ‘.com’ domain"

Thanks

Use the US domain instead by logging into zazzle.com.

Thanks for answering!

Thanks Smile
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 2:52:20 PM
Thanks James...good news!
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 5:13:22 AM
Thanks James
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 6:25:45 AM
It says the winners will be announced on August 2. Were they announced yet?
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 7:18:53 AM
They said “on or about” Aug 2. The wedding design contest said “on or about” May 20, and the winners were announced on May 30. Just be patient. It will be announced in the news forum.
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 9:03:59 AM
It's August 13th! Anything yet?
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:28:18 AM
We expect this to be towards the end of the month due to the customer voting portion. We will post updates on the news thread if and when we have a definite date. Roses
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:00:27 PM
James wrote:
We expect this to be towards the end of the month due to the customer voting portion. We will post updates on the news thread if and when we have a definite date. Roses

There is customer voting? Is there somewhere where we could vote?
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:19:11 PM
The official rules stated that there would be customer voting by survey. https://www.zazzle.com/holidayz+designs
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:34:25 PM
Maz wrote:
The official rules stated that there would be customer voting by survey. https://www.zazzle.com/holidayz+designs

Thanks Maz! I need to stop skimming and start actually reading 🤦🏻‍♀️ Even just now took me a while to find that one sentence.