2019 HolidayZ Design Challenge Official Q&A 5 pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 3:08:00 PM
Designers!

Let's consolidate any questions for the 2019 HolidayZ Design Challenge below.

Best of luck!
Z-Team
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 3:15:22 PM
Official rules linked page contains: "Commencing 06/14/2019, designers are challenged with creating new wedding collections containing at least seven (7) products. It is your choice as to which products you want to feature in your collection, but please note the overall creativity and thoughtfulness of the products in the collection will be judged."

Im assuming reference to wedding collections is incorrect????
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 3:16:32 PM
Just got the email for the 2019 HolidayZ contest.

Is this a Holiday contest or wedding?

Also why isn't this info going into the News section on on page anymore?
There hasn't been anything add to the News section on our page since the March announcement of the Wedding contest.

I don't have time to check the forum but would always see important info in the news section on our page.

Thank you
Robin
ArtCreationsbyRLamb
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 3:21:04 PM
@anuradesignstudio - Yes, great catch. It should be holidayz... we're updating it as I type it.
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 3:21:47 PM
@ArtCreationsbyRLamb - should be the HolidayZ contest. Thanks.
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 12:04:43 PM
Monica wrote:

It doesn't say which holiday. ANY HOLIDAY????
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 12:20:39 PM
TheClothesCloset wrote:
Monica wrote:

according to her news post, yes, she said Don't limit yourself to Christmas... but think about other holidays too.

Quote:
*Holidays are all-encompassing; think more significant than just Christmas, think Hanukkah, New Years, Chinese New Years, etc. Your card collections don’t have to be ‘traditional’ holiday designs either, as long as they are thoughtfully designed and creative.

Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:37:33 PM
The rules state the designs must be unique to Zazzle,
so my question is, can any part of the design be from outside of Zazzle?

I am asking this, cause i would like to use a free commercial use family/baby photos from sites like pixabay, to add to custom holiday cards, where people could switch the photo to their own. Rest of the design of course would be made by me, fresh and new.

But from reading the rules, i am not sure if its allowed or not. Would love some clarity on this.
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:00:24 PM
UnwrappedVisuals wrote:

I am asking this, cause i would like to use a free commercial use family/baby photos from sites like pixabay, to add to custom holiday cards, where people could switch the photo to their own. Rest of the design of course would be made by me, fresh and new.

But from reading the rules, i am not sure if its allowed or not. Would love some clarity on this.

I think that just means your final design must be exclusively for sale at Zazzle, not on any other platform. I am pretty sure it doesn't mean you can't use stock photos since many designers do use them.

hopefully a mod will confirm.

Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:13:18 PM
TheClothesCloset wrote:
Monica wrote:

This helps so much and lessens anxiety over Christmas! lol. Glad it can be any holiday!
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:18:05 PM
Can it be July 4th too?
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:30:58 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
UnwrappedVisuals wrote:

I think that just means your final design must be exclusively for sale at Zazzle, not on any other platform. I am pretty sure it doesn't mean you can't use stock photos since many designers do use them.

hopefully a mod will confirm.

confirming it just has to be exclusive for sale on Zazzle.
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:31:12 PM
Jenn wrote:
Can it be July 4th too?

yes.
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:49:14 PM
Does each product need to be a different design in the same theme?
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:24:01 PM
HI Jenn. my take is stick to an overall theme with each set for each holiday category. for example I have done Christmas and CHinese New Year, I chose quite different products for each holiday. for example more mailing or ornament type ideas for Christmas. more food related or gifty for Chinese New Year. But it's up to you. I am not simply going to plonk a design on all the same range of products, since the competitions states THOUGHTFUL ideas. matching the theme/type of holiday to the type of products. Hope this helps. I am having fun Smile
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:53:27 PM
Thanks for replying...ok...got a bit of thinking to do...I have half an idea right now
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:09:01 PM
oh good, that means Halloween too? I was just working on HalloweenGrin
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:27:51 PM
The announcement says there is a prize for a "customer pick" in addition to the standard 1st, 2nd, 3rd & editor picks. Just curious about what that means and how it is that the customers will see the designs and vote on them.
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2019 8:45:14 AM
Hi, can some of the products be the same. For example can I have 3 shirts with different designs on them?
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2019 5:33:07 AM
I'm assuming the answer is yes, but can the theme be a carryover and/or modification of last year's theme?

My specific example:

I started something late last year (ie not early enough to be caught in the christmas rush) but I wanted to really flush it out this season. The products I submit will fall w/in the required date, but I'd want to group it with some of the other products.

The collection would be new.
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2019 11:19:12 AM
Do we need to name the collection 2019 HolidayZ Design Challenge, or something to that effect?
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2019 9:19:55 AM
I am having an "off" day but I can't find the code we need to add to our tags? If it is HOLIDAYZ won't that just pull up last years entries?

My eyes can't find the answer in the official page.
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2019 9:49:31 AM
You don't need a code. You submit a collection and individual products from that collection via the form.
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2019 1:16:49 PM
I looked in the page too...doesn't seem to be there...i'm just gonna submit on the firm...I thought we had to tag it a certain way...thanks for answering!
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2019 1:33:49 PM
No need to submit with any code. Just submit your collection via the form!
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2019 1:34:15 PM
I just checked the form...they want the link to the collection in it's entirety...we probably need to name it
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2019 1:37:37 PM
JustFharryn wrote:
I'm assuming the answer is yes, but can the theme be a carryover and/or modification of last year's theme?

My specific example:

I started something late last year (ie not early enough to be caught in the christmas rush) but I wanted to really flush it out this season. The products I submit will fall w/in the required date, but I'd want to group it with some of the other products.

The collection would be new.

Collection and product(s) must have been created on or after 05/01/19.
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2019 1:38:00 PM
TheAmazingSho wrote:
Hi, can some of the products be the same. For example can I have 3 shirts with different designs on them?

Sure!
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2019 1:55:10 PM
Having trouble submitting my collection. The button won't work to send it.
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2019 2:09:21 PM
never mind...I just submitted it