Looking for the Rarer Art forms at Zazzle
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 11:44:23 AM
7/31/19 CLOSED THREAD

There has been some confusion on what I am looking for.
I am specifically looking for real life 3D art,culpture, stained glass, mosaic ... not painting or drawing, or computer generated.
Please see the new thread here

=============================================================

The usual art forms that are represented on Zazzle products are photography, painting, drawing (what I shall call "FLAT ART").

My website Artist's Annex is attempting to show various other art as can be promoted further on Zazzle products. Or, I like to call it 3D art, not FLAT art, such as painting, drawing, photography)[/color]...

Currently I have Wire & Bead Jewelry, Ceramics, and Crochet works, as well as painting, photography and drawings.

So, do you create with tiles, glass, wood, fibers/yarns, etc. and then take photos of these objects to decorate your Zazzle products?

I am particularly interested in mosaics (I've seen some 3D sculptured items decorated with tiles for the back yard that I think would be great, but any mosaic pieces are welcome), stained glass, sculpture, wood carving, metal casting, I think you get the idea now.

Or, I like to call it 3D art, not FLAT art, such as painting, drawing, photography)

If you created the original artwork and then took photos to add to your images that you use on Zazzle, let me know. Give a link to your store/s and/or post an example here. There's also a form on the web-site "Participate as an Artist" that you might fill out and submit.

Thanks in advance.
--Bonnie
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 12:21:41 PM
This is a mosaic I did of the Eiffel Tower. I painted individual canvases, then cut out the pieces from the various color options, and glued them onto another canvas, to make the Eiffel Tower design. I then painted in the mortal between the cutout pieces.

Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:04:02 PM
I have liked this persons cross stitch art since 2011. I thought she had quit being active but it now appears that she has come back and expanded into other designs.

https://www.zazzle.com/store/cptextileart/gifts?cg=196185925180021733
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:51:32 PM
MarBethHomeDecor wrote:
I have liked this persons cross stitch art since 2011. I thought she had quit being active but it now appears that she has come back and expanded into other designs.

https://www.zazzle.com/store/cptextileart/gifts?cg=196185925180021733

Thanks for the link - the newest Item I see in her store is from 2015 - so it does not look like an active store.
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:53:11 PM
Cheryl Paton wrote:
This is a mosaic I did of the Eiffel Tower. I painted individual canvases, then cut out the pieces from the various color options, and glued them onto another canvas, to make the Eiffel Tower design. I then painted in the mortal between the cutout pieces.

Cheryl -

Thanks for the example - I never would have thought of a mosaic from painted canvas!!

Do you have more mosaics that you created this way and are placing on Z Products?
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:48:04 PM
The Eiffel Tower is the only one I have done this way so far; it is on a variety of products.

http://www.zazzle.com/cherylsart/eiffel+tower

Bonnie, do you have any ideas for other scenes you might like done this way?

Posted: Friday, April 26, 2019 10:42:20 AM
Cheryl Paton wrote:
The Eiffel Tower is the only one I have done this way so far; it is on a variety of products.

I have no real preferences for this project. Variety of images (5-10 minimum) on multiple products works best.
Review the various ar*ts' selections at Artist's Annex
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2019 12:06:01 PM
Quote:

Cheryl Paton wrote:

I have no real preferences for this project. Variety of images (5-10 minimum) on multiple products works best.
Review the various ar*ts' selections at Artist's Annex

Some other mosaic and geometric designs that I have:

Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2019 4:00:00 PM
Cheryl - Thanks for your interest.
\
However, the above items do not appear to be photographs of actual mosaic art, but rather art made to look like a mosaic. If I am wrong, please mention the original craft that was copied for Zazzle use, in your descriptions.

As the title of my blog states, it is for RE-Purposing of artistic crafts (pottery, stained glass, tile mosaic, carving, etc.) on Zazzle products.
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2019 8:01:25 PM
Quote:
\
However, the above items do not appear to be photographs of actual mosaic art, but rather art made to look like a mosaic. If I am wrong, please mention the original craft that was copied for Zazzle use, in your descriptions.

As the title of my blog states, it is for RE-Purposing of artistic crafts (pottery, stained glass, tile mosaic, carving, etc.) on Zazzle products.

Bonnie, you are correct. I may have misread. I thought you were also looking for designs that didn't look flat. My apologies.

Cheryl
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2019 4:14:07 PM
I paint on watercolor paper or canvas and take pictures of those to sell on my items in my store if that counts. Here is one of my full paintings:

Posted: Monday, April 29, 2019 11:52:49 AM
Mendi wrote:
I paint on watercolor paper or canvas and take pictures of those to sell on my items in my store if that counts. Here is one of my full paintings:

Mendi - Your About page states: All the items you see in this shop are designed with images created by me. I love to paint and each painting is done by hand, either digitally with paintbrush emulation software or in real life mixed media and scanned into the computer.

I checked out your store and saw the "Vintage Patchwork" - I got excited that there might be some exciting images from quilts. I love these, and there is some variety in colorization, however, there is only the one image that I see.

Your description "These resemble a vintage patchwork quilt in varying shades of pink. The patterns are hand drawn intricate swirls... i.e., they are not images of actual quilts.

Thank you for your interest. I have added the "patchwork" puzzle (brown) to my collection "Artistic Media"

However, I do not see any products that will fit my original request for my website Artist's Annex
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2019 11:57:35 AM
Cheryl Paton wrote:
Quote:
\

Bonnie, you are correct. I may have misread. I thought you were also looking for designs that didn't look flat. My apologies.

Cheryl

I appreciate your interest. I have added your "Rainbow mosaic butterfly mug" to the Artistic Media collection.
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2019 8:07:14 PM
Thank you, BKMuir for taking the time to look. I appreciate it. Smile
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2019 1:00:16 PM
This was created by using Zazzles color filter over the gray image taken from the original ceramic relief sculpture.

Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2019 1:02:55 PM
ArtistRepurposeStore wrote:
This was created by using Zazzles color filter over the gray image taken from the original ceramic relief sculpture.

This item is included in the Artist's (Nora Chen) collection on my website: Artist's Repurpose Annex
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 1:14:08 AM
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:59:03 AM
Elazart - Thank you for your interest. However, as stated in the original post:

I am particularly interested in mosaics (I've seen some 3D sculptured items decorated with tiles for the back yard that I think would be great, but any mosaic pieces are welcome), stained glass, sculpture, wood carving, metal casting, I think you get the idea now.

Or, I like to call it 3D art, not FLAT art, such as painting, drawing, photography)...

Also, as I do not understand abstract art, I would not be able to promote your products properly. So, I will not be including your work at this time.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 1:13:25 AM
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 11:06:54 AM
TheBooth -
Please read original post. I am currently interested in
"3D" art.

Thank you for your interes.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 1:33:56 PM
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 11:20:10 AM
CLOSED THREAD

There has been some confusion on what I am looking for.
I am specifically looking for real life 3D art,culpture, stained glass, mosaic ... not painting or drawing, or computer generated.
Please see the new thread here