How much do you make?
Tshirtsforacause
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 11:15:59 AM
Groups: Member

I know I've seen some posts where people say it's none of our business, which is understandable for them to say that. However this is for people willing to give a rough estimate. I wondered how much do you make with zazzle and how many products do you currently have online? And how long have you been with zazzle? This goes for people who've been on for less then a month to people on for years. I'm interested to see how it varies with every one. And how many stores do you have opened no less?
SweetRascal
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:00:55 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

That is a question I have seen asked hundreds of times I have never seen anyone answer with a number. I think what you want to know is you want to know if zazzle is worth it and can you make money. The answer is YES. If I was not making money at this after 3 years and all of the work I've done I wouldn't still be doing it. As for someone coming on here and telling you about how much they make every month no one is going to do it.
Customizables
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:23:19 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

I make enough to live off of. I don't give numbers on a public forum because I'm paranoid about becoming a target for scammers or thieves, something I've dealt with in the past more than once. I've been on Zazzle since 2005, but only got serious about it in 2008. Collectively between my stores, I have somewhere between 6,000 and 7,000 products, and as for how many stores I have, I have about a dozen, though not all of them are "stocked" or public.
shopaholicchick
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:43:13 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

i have like 18 stores now i think....i make enuf....i have about 10,000 designs on an avg of 30 products each
KrispysKingdom
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:20:19 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

I am a silver Pro-Seller and I make enough to live on, as well. I plan to retire when I move up to the next Pro-Seller level, which I believe will be in 3-4 years. I have one store with a little more than 1000 products. I work EVERY DAY on my Zazzle store and have done so since 2008, although I opened my store well before then. I post my sales stats on my affiliate site at http://kbkconnect.com every month, but I do not post how much I make. In fact, only my fiance and sister-in-law know mow much I average per month.

Kris H.
sweasel
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:35:09 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Of course, all the people who have answered so far are at the top of the pyramid (not counting the Star Wars and Disney people, who must make phenomenal sums).

I've been here eight months, I have four stores and between them under 500 products, and I made bronze pro-seller status...by the skin of my teeth.

The important thing to remember is, the people who are doing well work very hard at it. Usually every day. And it's not just creating lots and lots of great products -- that's almost the easy part. It's marketing, getting the word out, blogging, facebooking, twittering, learning about search engines, leaving your business card around. Figuring out what sells for you and what you get decent margins on.

It might pay like a real job if you work it like a real job.
shopaholicchick
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:38:40 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

i am only a bronze proseller i am by no means top of any scale...
Tshirtsforacause
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:39:20 PM

I don't mind that you all don't give numbers, but kind of find it interesting that people don't. I guess I'm a little more open then some others xd but totally do get it.

Guess I need to find me information about what gold/silver/bronze sellers are! LOL man I guess I didn't quite look into everything yet! Do appreciate the answers. Yes, obviously someone who advertises themselves better will make more money then someone who opens a store and let's it sit.
Tshirtsforacause
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:45:05 PM

And in case someone wonders why I'm asking- I'm not one of those people who is looking for something that's "get rich quick" bull *. In fact I'm pretty much doing it because I like learning and designing items and so being able to produce something out of that excites me. I've been lucky enough to be a SAHM so I do have some time on the side to focus on things here. Logically I'd be satisfied earning $100-$300 every month in the long run to save up for rainy days.
sweasel
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:53:56 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

shopaholicchick wrote:
i am only a bronze proseller i am by no means top of any scale...

Well, I meant in terms of how hard you work it. The first posters are all exceptionally visible participants in the forum, however much (or little) they may be making.

To the original poster -- I bet if you ask around real life what people's salaries are, sooner or later somebody will poke you in the snoot. It's a question that makes many people bristle Happy

One of my stores hasn't sold a single item. Two have only sold a few. Almost all sales have come out of my first store. And it's all directly related to how well I've been able to get the word out.

It is entirely possible to pour a great deal of effort in and make no sales at all.
bad_Onions
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:53:59 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

I have about 100 designs on 200 products and certainly don't make enough to live on but it is growing. I do see Zazzle as a long term project.

Sweet Rascal summed it up in that you really just want to know if you can make money.

Yes, but it takes time. It's certainly no magic carpet ride or a quick fix cure for current financial woes.

All the best.
TheVintageVamp
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 3:39:05 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Silver proseller status here...a number of stores and I honestly don't have any idea how many products total, Doug could likely tell you more on that than I can. I'd guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-15,000 total.

Doug works it more than full time. If you figured his average hours in a week, it is somewhere around 55-65. It does drop at times when he is not well.

I help out a bit here & there, but have too many irons in the fire to be as big a help to him as I would like.

Sally~
gedcom
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 3:57:02 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Tshirtsforacause
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:58:08 PM

Thanks on that link! Does help me get an idea on what qualifies you as a proseller.
cowboyannie
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:02:40 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

I'm a Silver ProSeller. When I first started here I put in 8-10 hour days 6 days a week. My goal was to make enough to pay off my car, which I did within a year. Then I set my goal to paying my mortgage every month, which I do and then some, even tho I only have been working 3-4 hours per day since this spring. My next goal is to make Gold level, which would be an average of $5k per month sustained over a 3-month period. I'll have to really hustle to accomplish that but I think it's doable. I have family members who help me out with design ideas, publicity and promotion, etc so that helps as well.

mousearte
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:33:32 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

I opened my one and only store in 2007 but didn't really start adding products until around March 2008 and have 1147 products to date (I keep deleting things).

I became a Bronze ProSeller in 2009, Silver in February of this year and then, thanks to a few very good months and Graduation, became a Gold ProSeller this month. Unlike many others here I consider this a 'hobby' and a supplement to my retirement income..I don't have a set schedule or certain number of hours for working on things, I do it when the mood hits me but I do try and add at least one new thing a day.
artberry
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:55:35 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

Well living in the UK and having been unemployed for years I started making more on Zazzle than I was getting in unemployment benefit (JSA) so was able to become self-employed in January this year, well I kind of had to really. xd

That said the cost of living in the UK being what it is I'm still not making enough on Zazzle to be totally free of the benefit system and earning enough to pay tax and it's a good job there is still help available when you go self employed. However if I keep at this I dare say I'll get there eventually, things seem to be slowly progressing in that direction. and it's just a case of keeping at it really Smile
Tshirtsforacause
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:25:24 AM

Thanks so far for all the answers! Although honestly I must say I am shocked by those that can earn $5,000 a month on Zazzle, even if it's for 3 months!! It definitely is amazing, yet I must say to those who do - great job! I guess I would never assume you could actually make enough to live on by it. I'd love to get to that point eventually, especially when my husband gets out of the military since we'll be having a few good months job hunting. That's 2 years away so we'll see. Just need more brilliant ideas Idea
MKMasonArts
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 1:04:39 PM

I just started using Zazzle a couple days ago, and I have made about 40 products so far. I was wondering as far as blogs go, where would be a good place for me to start? I have never blogged, but I have a website, twitter, and facebook fan page. I have a RedBubble site that I have sold about 18 shirts on since I joined a couple months ago. I also don't know if I should post my fine art on Zazzle...I guess I would have to talk to my art dealer about that. He is anti prints.
starstreamdesign
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:30:10 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

As for me, I've been a stay-at-home mom for a few years. Previously I was a Senior Art Director in the corporate world and after I had my daughter I wanted to stay home with her for personal reasons. My husband was then laid off & had we no income for a very long time. I even was going to take a part-time retail job...but I found Zazzle & fortunately didn't take it. I have been on Zazzle for over a year and reached ProSeller bronze almost exactly on my year anniversary. I make from my 2 stores on Zazzle approx. what I could with a regular part time job. I'm pushing for silver by the end of the year and truly believe I can do it. It's a lot of work but it can pay off. GL
Country1969
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:58:44 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Tshirtsforacause wrote:
I know I've seen some posts where people say it's none of our business, which is understandable for them to say that. However this is for people willing to give a rough estimate. I wondered how much do you make with zazzle and how many products do you currently have online? And how long have you been with zazzle? This goes for people who've been on for less then a month to people on for years. I'm interested to see how it varies with every one. And how many stores do you have opened no less?

I've been on Zazzle since last March. I've seen a few sales of the spring/summer months. Been busy with doing designs and taking pictures. Started seeing more sales in December. Then beginning of this year, started seeing more and more sales. I'm not going to sit and lie to you. I'm nowhere close to quitting my day job. I do this for something to lookforward to everyday. It's fun to design and sell. I've been working on designs and pictures when I can. You will find not everything you design will not sell but it doesn't hurt your chances but not having them on. Someone out in the world might be looking for one of your designs.

I have bills like you all do. I've been paying on a 2005 Ford Mustang since June 2005. Payments are $447.00 /month I've been putting extra on it every month since day one. I increase the amount every year. Right now, I am putting $500.00/month on it. I had 72 payments on the loan. I am down to 9 ayments left. Once I get that paid off $500.00 in our pockets every month.
So with my Zazzle earnings and that money, I will be able to save for a rainy day.

As for making Zazzle a full time job for me, I don't know how many years I got left at the fishing shop. My wife has a great job. She has a Tax Preparation business on the side while working full time at her regular job. I mean I love to see a steady income from here.

I am taking it one day at a time. Like many prosellers or other zazzlers will tell you. It takes work to design and add them to the produts.Then you will have to get your name out there for the world to see. I post on Squidoo lens and blogs when I can.

Sure you can make money on here. Everyone makes different amounts. If you are happy getting $100.00 a month, then you can pay your electric bill with it then so be it. Any money you make is great $50.00 or $5,000.00
It's up to you to make it work. Someday when you Thousands and thousands of designs and products in your store, you can sit back and collect the money. Just like the singers and actors do when they play their song or play their movie or tv show.

By the way, I have only 1 store.